AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 44
  1. Arabesque
    2012-09-17 02:39
    Arabesque
    In any case, we are on the same page here!
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2012-09-17 02:37
    Guardian Enzo
    Double-check what I said - "the other three". That refers to all four of them bring involved!
  3. Arabesque
    2012-09-17 02:34
    Arabesque
    When all four are involved, don't forget Leorio I agree that the series is best when all four of them are together, which is what I love about this seris, since no matter how excellent the individual stories had been, it's the group dynamic be it between the four or the Troupe that make it a fascinating watch.

About Kurapika specifically, I honestly like him the best out of the cast, despite me liking everyone in the show. What I meant about the comments was that it was the most commented HxH episode, not of the entire blog It's natural since this was a really important and iconic fight in the series that fans had always been praising be it in the old version or the manga. I can say that the new version lives up to keep it among one these episodes that must been seen if you are an anime fan.

For Hoyuka, it had indeed become a classic. I've been reading some of my older comments on the first few episodes and I still can't believe how it managed to surpass what I imagined, but I'm more than happy that it did. Wonderful series.
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2012-09-17 02:07
    Guardian Enzo
    I would love to know the exact translation of what Hosoda said - it would be very interesting.

As for Kurapika, I think he's a great tragic hero. I just feel as if there's more balance to the series when the other three are involved, whereas things when it's just Kurapika are more in one emotional tone.

As for the warfare, I pretty much avoided the H x H thread here for a long time, I don't know why I'm bothering now. It's actually not the most commented post on my blog, by a longshot - aside from the season preview posts, the one on gender roles is probably #1. I also got more comments on one of the SAO posts (#2, I think) and one or two others over the last year. But it's clearly by far the most of any H x H post.

The Hyouka finale was a classic. Really special.
  5. Arabesque
    2012-09-17 02:02
    Arabesque
    That is the creepiest and most awesome avatar you could've picked Agree that it was a wonderful moment in an excellent episode.

Was dropping by to say that your comment on the Hyouka thread had been excellent and summed up what I was going to write about the series, but I guess I might as well comment a little on HxH.

Can I just say that I'm looking forward to the day where the '11 series overtakes the original in content and people stop bringing it up then? Because even as a major fan of the '99 and while I like the posts that both Toto and Shinobi had been making, it is honestly taxing for me to read the attempts by some of the fans to try and prove to each other that one of the two versions sucks, instead of just trying to get enjoyment from watching a great series and trying to share what they thought about it.

Anyway, had finished watching the episode and as expected, it was everything that I hoped for and more. And naturally for such an anticipated fight and event, it managed to be the most commented episode on your blog as of yet! Almost 50 comments on one HxH episode, wow ...

I know that in your heart you will always put Gon and Kil in first place (as per the avatar ) but how much do you like Kurapica, now that we started to get an idea of what his character is about?

Also, about what totoum said about the Hosoda interview, I do think that there is more to it than simply Hosoda thinking women are more complex than men in fiction, but I think what he was going for is that maybe the stories he finds best to work with is where females are the major focus, in the sense it's just his forte.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2012-08-07 15:54
    Guardian Enzo
    It's a good philosophy to try and live by, no doubt about it. If anything, I'm trying to be more decisive about going after what I want, because I've definitely learned that time wasted is time you don't get back.
  7. Arabesque
    2012-08-07 12:39
    Arabesque
    ticking

I don't know, this might not be my place to say (online, someone who isn't actually in your life and whatnot) but I really think that it's not something you should be all that worried about at this point.

I mean like I said, my Grandmother, as much as I love her, just makes me feel older than her sometimes (usually every time she brings up how my grandfather married her when he was 22 ... and how I am not planning to get married any time soon or that I don't have someone in my life ... or how I'm not some sort of doctor or hold a Phd yet or had gotten a job with a good wage... yeah) but I usually just remember that I can't rush into these things, and I can't treat getting older as a bad event or a reminder that time is slipping away, since it's not like life ends the moment you hit 30-40 (as a certain over 80-year-old with the heart of a 15-year-old had shown me) and we can still learn new things, still go about our lives and do what we can and what we want to do to the best of our abilities.

It's not really good to look to the future with a gloomy outlook. That's something I learned, and kept on learning, even recently these past 2 months.
  8. Guardian Enzo
    2012-08-05 12:18
    Guardian Enzo
    Well I'm not 89 anyway, bless her heart. I consider myself childlike, but the clock keeps ticking.
  9. Arabesque
    2012-08-05 04:02
    Arabesque
    I have an idea on how old you might be, and while I might be mistaken, I still think you ought be more optimistic about it (if I'm right, you aren't that old mate!), and besides, we are all young at heart after all! (I mean my Grandma is 89 and is still as energetic as ever ...Heck, usually, she's the one who makes me feel old ...)
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2012-08-05 03:37
    Guardian Enzo
    Sure feels like it sometimes...