AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 44
  1. Arabesque
    2011-07-20 12:22
    Arabesque
    That does happen to me as well I think that I have some one friended or think I posted something only to discover I didn't do any of that
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2011-07-20 11:30
    Guardian Enzo
    NP! It seemed odd not to have you on my friends list - I was sure I already did until I checked.
  3. Arabesque
    2011-07-20 07:19
    Arabesque
    Thanks for the friends request
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2011-07-11 14:06
    Guardian Enzo
    Fair enough. I just have a sense there's something more here, I really do - that this is satire and not just titillation. Time will tell.
  5. Arabesque
    2011-07-11 13:31
    Arabesque
    I watched R-15

You know ...

Actually, I'll save my thoughts for the thread. But I will say this, I did kinda like it, but I think the only way for me to get through is by saving both of Ikoku Meiro no Croisée and Natsume for Monday in order to cleanse my soul and regain some dignity.

We shall see.
  6. Arabesque
    2011-06-11 14:41
    Arabesque
    Hm, I can certainly agree with that, thought I still worry about the emotional factor being maintained.

We shall see.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2011-06-11 14:12
    Guardian Enzo
    That's just it - it's been a lot longer with RK than FMA. A lot more younger fans have never seen RK, I think, and it would benefit more from the visual updating.
  8. Arabesque
    2011-06-11 13:21
    Arabesque
    I don't know, FMA:Bro suffered in it's first third from too much rushing. I personally prefer them to go and get to the Jinchu already, I mean who hasn't already experienced the original glory of the original?

On the other hand, Shishio/Kenshin fight in high quality new looking animation, full screen ...

Still, I'm not much a fan of abridging the story. The earlier events then start to lose a lot of the impact and powerful nature of these events just for the sake of just showing them. I honestly prefer that, if they were to revisit those early parts, that they give them the same treatment they give the entire series. Though that seems unlikely, I still hold hope considering that this is among the most popular manga's ever made.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2011-06-10 11:33
    Guardian Enzo
    My ideal scenario would be the FMA treatment - remake the first two seasons in abridged format, then do the Jinchu in full glory.
  10. Arabesque
    2011-06-10 10:10
    Arabesque
    Hey we waited this long after all, whats a few more months (at worst) going to do?

But I do share your frustration, this is pretty big news and for us not to hear about it for longer ... no, I don't think they will simply announce it's a simple one shot, not with a big name like Kenshin. Even the fans in Japan had been anticipating this for so long as well, and hey when you get something like Level E, and obscure Jump title from 15 years past, getting a show, well something as big as Kenshin should by all means get suitable treatment as well.

I hope personally for a short series, though they might go down the Movie route (which would be pretty fantastic as well)