AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Liddo-kun
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Liddo-kun
    2012-09-24 20:27
    Liddo-kun
    The info on the "papers" at the Gosick thread is appreciated.

*gives cookie

Oh, and there's someone who did a Victorique cosplay at the recent anime convention that I attended. I managed to take her pic.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1533
  2. Arabesque
    2012-05-05 17:29
    Arabesque
    Yeah, it seems like there is a lot of bad blood going on between a lot of users

I agree that a huge part of the reason why the forums are the way they are right now is due to how well they were moderated, making the user culture much better than it might have been.

Quote:
    5 day debate with Ledgem
    Boy, now I feel like the talk I had with him a while ago was just him going easy on me lol

In anycase, I don't really mind the negreps so much as the attitude that some fanatics had been displaying, making everyone else have a bad time by always picking up fights over the silliest things and making the situation more tense than it should be.

But like I said, I usually don't encounter these sort of problems around here except on rare occasions.
  3. Liddo-kun
    2012-05-05 05:16
    Liddo-kun
    It's too bad the thread got locked so soon.
    Oh, and I also agree about AS being one of the better forums around. I won't go around naming forums, but most of the others I've visited aren't moderated as good as this one.

About the problem mentioned in the thread, I did encounter some semi-dangerous environments years ago, but not in anime thread or anime sub-forum thread. It's in Anime Saimoe 2007 thread, and the infamous What's Your Religion thread. In Saimoe 2007, one false move and neg rep becomes given like candy - it was a fun thread, but the herd mentality is strong. As for the religion thread, there I had approximately 5 day debate with Ledgem - but we agreed to disagree peacefully in the end, and he's one of my first friends here on AS.
  4. Arabesque
    2012-05-04 23:46
    Arabesque
    I couldn't reply on the topic, and now that it's locked...

I agree with what you wrote, and like I mentioned in my post, AS in general is one of the best anime forums out there when it comes to discussion (certainly a galaxy ahead of ANN lol) and while I had encountered at a few rare time the problem mentioned, I felt that it was a cause of concern.

That said, it's certainly not an occurrence on the idolm@ster or Precure thread, because lets face it, these fandoms are just way too nice