AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Reckoner
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 34 of 34
  1. Arabesque
    2011-05-27 01:56
    Arabesque
    About C:

Thanks for the rep in that thread While I'm not exactly hung up on the visual aspect of the show, I agree that the show has a very cheap look that to be honest affects negatively. The editing as Tinyredleaf had mention seems to serve a purpose, and the direction is pretty neat at times, but I can never call the animation or the design a high point. Its the one aspect of the show that I can say objectively is bad (when you compare it with every other Noitamina show) and I think its a damn shame because the rest is so good.

About Hanasaku Iroha:

I decided it would be better not to pursue the subject anymore until the next episode airs, to see exactly whether they follow with the expected outcome or not. But I will say this, I didn't say that the episode was the weakest because it was a 'drama' episode (or as acejem puts it being butthurt ) I mean as I had said countless times, I loved the first episode. I also loved the second episode. And yes I loved the third episode. The reason why I didn't like the episode was aside form the very convenient events, the end with Ohana running off in that manner was honestly hard to stomach for myself. I liked that the Grandmother had collapsed () I liked that Ohana took a stand and made everyone realize that they need to serve all the customers equally, but the end with her running off in her work kimono having no idea where to find Tooru, not trying to think about logically (after presenting not long ago a reasonable repute to the ''secret customers'' idea) was what rubbed me the wrong way. Admittedly, after reading Triple R's post and Roger Rambo's, my impression of the episode had improved considerably, so I suppose I might give it a 7 instead of a 6.

Saying that I didn't like the 8th because I loved the 3rd/7th episodes is twisting my position on the series for no reason at all. I mean, I watched 50 episodes of Letter Bee and that was nothing but drama after drama lol.
  2. Arabesque
    2011-04-20 08:10
    Arabesque
    My ranking is

1. Tiger & Bunny
    2. X-Men
    3.[C]
    4.Hanu-Saku Iroha
    5.Steins;Gate
    6.The World God Only Knows

I didn't list long running series like Sket Dance and Gintama because while I like them, their quality will become dubious.

About Hanu-Saku Iroha, I can understand why you and others feel that way about the third episode. It was certainly more goofy than the first two, even if they did contain some comedic and lighthearted elements in them. I mean while the ''Cut them down'' scene and the one with the parents were pretty silly, they weren't on the level of ''I want to sparkle'' lol

I think that part of the reason why many accepted the episode were a combination of knowing that it was going to be like this (the staff already reveled that) and that it was still p.nice on different fronts (fanservice, comedy and furthering the character and story development).

I still thought it was a good stand alone episode that would've worked a bit better had it been in the middle of the show rather than this early on, but it was still enjoyable none the less. I still consider it better than Ano Hana, though only slightly.

[C] is interesting to see where it goes from here on out. I still stand that the pretentiousness is something intentional, because I noticed that it does actually have moments where it shows the effect of money on human lives.

I agree with on the animation quality of [C], it was very obviously bad but the most surprising thing is that it didn't really bother me because the story was that good. It's honestly amazing how much a good story can cover for the shortcomings of the animation, and still be an enjoyable episode (even with ugly CG to add)

As for the sales, well, tbh I think that Noitamina shows shouldn't be so hellbent on trying to sell, and should at least focus on trying to be good. I mean yeah, sales are ultimately what the investors want to see, but really the point of the time slot is to cater to a different demographic than from the usual anime fandom. Thats part of the reason why I'm not really a fan of AnoHana (that and it's name) because of how much it strikes me that it's trying to bring in people who are already anime fans and buy similar shows.

Tiger & Bunny is shaping up to be some nice satire of Super heroics while at the same time being a show trying to show the beauty of it. I just have to make sure I don't end up drowning in all that CG

Other than that, like you said, this is a strong season. Which also makes me worried about what will 'sell', where they need to get enough ratings. I already said that I don't like Noitamina anime be so concerned with sales, but there are other series with so much purchase power that it makes me worried about series that do need to succeed (It looks like TWGOK II is already doomed as it is. Too bad that both seasons ended up airing in seasons where there where stronger competition )
  3. Reckoner
    2011-04-18 14:29
    Reckoner
    You're welcome .

[c] has definitely been one of the stronger openers of the season. Right now after that latest debacle of a Hanu-Saku Iroha episode (In my own view, I'm well aware many still enjoyed it), my rankings of the shows are as follows.
    1. Steins;Gate
    2. Deadman Wonderland
    3. Ano Hana
    4. [c]
    5. Tiger and Bunny
    6. Hanu-Saku Iroha

While I thought the first episode of [c] plot wise was intriguing and was extremely well executed, I'm skeptical of the animation/art quality and the direction that'll be taken after this. Unfortunately I doubt this show will sell well in such a strong season. Unfortunate considering it is one of the more "adult" shows of the season.
  4. Arabesque
    2011-04-18 07:45
    Arabesque
    I (just) noticed that you had given me a cookie for my post in the C thread. Thanks for that.

I must say, despite the rather strong line up of shows this season, the C opening episode continues to be the strongest thus far out of the lot.

Of course, I'm a little wary about posting anymore there until the next episode