AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Conversation Between Arabesque and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 45
  1. Arabesque
    2012-03-01 16:16
    Arabesque
    Pretty well actually Thanks for asking. How's things on your end?

Ah, Okada. I have no idea what to make of what's going on with her. On one hand, I think that she had (somewhat) earned the fame she is now enjoying now, but on the other hand looking at the quality of her story, plotting, pacing and the over blown melodrama ... I can't help but facepalm. The Black Rock Shooter anime is probably the primary example of just how low her writing had sunk in quality (then again, I think it's just a general reminder of how low Noitamina had sunk, as I had feared it would, despite trying to deny it for the longest time, but I digress)

In any case, it seems more of case of protection from editors that is causing her stories to suffer, that and her wanting to branch more into writing different genres (which I wouldn't have minded, had she not sucked so hard at some of them ... and she's apparently still wanting to continue working on them ... *sigh*) In any case, it looks she might have found herself the perfect place with Aquarion EVOL, which I had been trying (key word here ) to catch up to (up to the 6th episode atm) since it seems like she can go wild as much as wants to without it seeming out of place or having any sort of pretense about being intelligent or discreet. Plus she seems to be having fun so it comes out being rater enjoyable so far ...
  2. Last Sinner
    2012-03-01 15:56
    Last Sinner
    So, how goes it again?

Sounds like Okada is giving you the best of times and worst of times. Same as she always does, heh.
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-01-09 12:09
    Last Sinner
    How goes your return to anime and how did your exams go?
  4. Last Sinner
    2011-12-25 16:50
    Last Sinner
    No worries, I presume you had exams and a busy leadup to Christmas. Be well and have a good Christmas.
  5. Arabesque
    2011-12-25 16:12
    Arabesque
    Merry Christmas Sorry about not being able to respond to you more frequently. I'll make sure to do so more often by next year! (I hope)
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-12-12 20:40
    Last Sinner
    Happy birthday!
  7. Last Sinner
    2011-11-01 11:42
    Last Sinner
    Been a while since you've been around. Take it you have exams? Hope they're going well if that's the case.
  8. Last Sinner
    2011-10-18 10:48
    Last Sinner
    I pulled off a marathon session on the weekend to figure out what I want to watch this season, since I felt this was the one season of this year I'd like. Summary of my thoughts here. Was amazed I ended up with 8 titles I'll be following. I've only liked 2 series from the first three seasons this year - Steins;Gate and Usagi Drop. And I somehow end up with 8 this season?!
  9. Arabesque
    2011-10-13 16:57
    Arabesque
    Thanks for accepting it

Ah, sorry I didn't respond back faster, but these past few days I've been really busy with RL matters (Uni for starters -_-) so I couldn't come online much.

About the Anta Baka reports, reading them, I wondered if you made some of the news up actually lol things like the shirt with the ''Elementary School girls are Great'' is just so ... it's a case of real life just being unbelievable, or rather people being idiotic I really do enjoy reading them, and I'll make sure I drop a comment on them

About the Cyborg 009 remake film ... Kenji Kamiyama is one of the few figures in the anime industry that I respect and look forward to anything he does but man ... I agree with you, that vid just wasn't good at all. I have no idea what is up with the fascination with CG nowadays, but ugh ... Being a fan of the franchise, I'll watch it, but I don't think I'll like it at all. Then again, I didn't think I'd enjoy the newer TV remake but I did so I'll try and keep an open mind about it.

I did hear about the new Madhouse movie when it was first announced here, but I had forgotten about it. I'm not really sure what to expect from it, but I hope it manages to get them some more money, they certainly need it.

As for the new season ... I can safely say I'm well behind a lot of stuff right now lol What I did manage to watch was Madhouse's new show, Chihayafuru, which I really liked, Gundam AGE, which I thought was okay but nothing remarkable, and Mashiro-iro Symphony, out of respect for Manglobe. I also checked out Shana III, but I don't think I'll follow it on weekly bases. Fate/Zero was also somewhat promising, tho it seems like it's more about set up now more than anything. Phi Brain is a fun kids show that I wish would've aired in a less crowded season so I could follow it, Bakuman. 2 is off on a more promising start than the first season it seems (from the 10 minutes I've seen) and Ben-To looks like the hidden dark comedy of the season.

Overall, the season looks pretty good, lot's of variety to pick from, but I fear that the increase in the more high concept titles is going to drown a lot of the lesser known ones.
  10. Last Sinner
    2011-10-11 03:25
    Last Sinner
    Thanks for the frined request.

How have you found this season thus far?