AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 45 of 45
  1. Last Sinner
    2011-10-06 10:31
    Last Sinner
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=7478

Ever heard of this movie before? Never heard of Madhouse doing this project until just now.
  2. Last Sinner
    2011-10-04 10:30
    Last Sinner
    'Anta Baka?!' Report is up. I loved doing that.

Did you see the news tonight about Kenji Kamiyama's revelation of his latest work? I watched the live stream tonight on NicoNico. It's a freaking Cyborg 009 film remake! What the...man, I am shocked...I did not like the preview vid I saw. Felt rather inferior to the 1968 version.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-10-03 00:26
    Last Sinner
    I actually got asked to re-do that panel at another convention. Made it a bit more newbie friendly and picture oriented. Worked better than the original. Video of it soon.

Well, I'm into Stein's;Gate now. I just need HD versions to watch - it's pretty important for a show like that.

Aussie market is getting better because Siren Visual came in 4 years ago and now have resources to take noitaminA titles, alternative titles and watchable moe titles. They're giving Madman series competition, who are very mainstream, however their swift license of Stein's;Gate was welcome.

Finished my first series of reviews today. A humour article coming up soon. If I have time before the next review series, I'll give some thoughts on October ep1s.

Peace.
  4. Arabesque
    2011-10-02 07:21
    Arabesque
    Apologize for the very late reply, this was a very busy and tiresome week for me, and I haven't had any free time until the week end.

Yeah, I had been lurking on your profile for a while now, ever since you posted the thread about the panel you've done about older anime. Sorry that I didn't just drop a comment, but I just didn't know what to say

Yes, it does look like the Marvel Anime project had at least been well received back where it's original consumer base originated. Even if I wasn't particularly a fan of the majority of the shows, I do agree that it's good if it will help Madhouse.

About Yume Miru Karai, the last that I heard of it, it seemed like the production had been halted indefinitely due to the financial problems at the studio. However, since the film had been the incomplete work of a highly respected and loved director (and one of the reasons the studio holds a great reputation today) I've been hearing some rumors that the staff is actually trying to keep the project alive. I don't know how much do these rumors hold water, but I certainly hope that they are true.

I think you mentioned once how the main problem with Madhouse is that while they had managed to produce enough shows with decent sale figures, they never managed to produce a breakthrough success that guaranteed they wouldn't fall down when the times got tough. I loved Tatami Galaxy as well, but much like every other show they made, it simple wasn't successful enough. And at this point, they need a hit of at least gigantic proportions in order to get out of the bind they are in (it doesn't help that many of their creative force had left for freelancing or have died ) I hope they can manage ...

Sorry to hear that this year hadn't been that great for you For me, 2011 had been pretty great. Madoka Magica, Level E, Hourou Musuko, Steins;Gate, Penguindrum, Ikoku Meiro no Croisée and Bunny Drop had all been of excellent quality IMO, and they are of different genres so having a year with this much variety is good in my book.

Other personal favorites for me include the idolm@ster (which is a huge surprise for myself, since I ahdn;t expected to like the show this much) X-men, Hyouge Mono, Tiger & Bunny and Gosick, just to name a few. Their quality isn't constant, but they provide me with enough enjoyment from at least one aspect that their weaker areas don't bother me much.

I have been rewatching some older shows from the 90's and 00's earlier this year, but since I noticed the season had been getting more and more shows to follow, I had to put the older shows on hold. I might get back to them sometime by Winter hopefully.

About the licensing, I haven't been keeping track of the news lately (busy week) so thanks for the info I had noticed that it seemed like the Australian Anime market seems to be on the rise, and what you said confirms it. Glad to see one overseas market to be doing well at least.

Quote:
    You got a blog or anything like that you do? Would like to see it if you have one.
    You are the fifth person to ask that lol. I had been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it yet. When I do I'll let you know (in the mean time, you can check out any more of my crazy ramblings on my twitter :P)

Thanks for the link to your blog. I subscribed to it via Google Reader, so if you make any new post, I'll make sure to comment on it

Thanks for the greeting
  5. Last Sinner
    2011-09-26 12:47
    Last Sinner
    Noticed you lurking on my page for a while. I should probably be polite and say hello. So hello there. How are things?

Read your postings about Madhouse's works on Marvel titles look set to get decent results in the U.S. Glad in the sense that it will get Madhouse money, which they are in dire need of. I read one of the original Madhouse founders said Satoshi Kon's final film, Yume Miru Karai, was getting delayed again due to funding issues. I've known that post-Death Note, Madhouse have not had good sales of anything in the TV series realm at all. I think Tatami Galaxy - one of my fave titles ever - is one of the few they made money on in the last few years. If Madhouse get money and can get back to a more normal state, this will be good news.

UN-GO has actually already been licensed in Australia. Pre-emptive licensing has been a fair practice in Australia this year. Siren claimed Tiger & Bunny, C, Bunny Drop and UN-GO very quickly, while Madman claimed Stein's;Gate, Gosick, Deadman Wonderland and Last Exile - Silver Wing in short time. It's interesting to note Australia is a country which is beginning to license titles which nowhere else outside of Japan does. Siren recently picked up Dennou Coil and apparently they are the only ones outside of Japan to pick it up. Certainly Australia has some risks/niche-value being acknowledged as well as the mainstream.

Personally, 2011 has done little for me. Bunny Drop was a good watch. Giving Stein's;Gate a decent go once I have time. Hoping October offers some good times. Been watching a lot more old school material from the 70s, 80s and 90s lately along with more obscure 00s titles. Noticed you've been somewhat annoyed by some of the modern trends yourself.

You got a blog or anything like that you do? Would like to see it if you have one.
    Local licensing companies have started sending me some of their titles, so I started up my anime blog this week. Address is here. Will need some cosmetic adjustments but for now I just want to start it and have some discussion going. Let me know what you think. Trying to design it so that I acknowledge titles that are licensed by Siren and Madman while also tying in somemore obscure licenses and unlicensed ones into a common theme is my approach. Will also be doing some industry pieces based on things I've learnt this year.