AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Pocari_Sweat
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 42
  1. Arabesque
    2012-08-05 03:33
    Arabesque
    What, our word early on in the thread wasn't enough?

Will be reading through (and watching) later on, but yeah, she is seriously an amazing singer, easily one of the most talented anime singer this side of Nana Mizuki. From the looks of it, they seem to be saving it up for a finale where her character gives one awesome performance (going by what I gathered fro skimming the thread)

Quote:
    the nasal congested, high-pitched anime girl voices she does
    And that's why the two things most female VA's count on are Strepsils and Halls

And, lol, have you ''heard'' the performance she gave in Special A? I don't think she has to worry that much about getting these sort of roles (she is actually better known for playing either very soft spoken or gentle characters, with some exceptions of course like recently with Symphogear)

Quote:
    There's actually 3 good SoL's airing atm - Tari Tari, Hyouka (carryover from last season) and Kokoro Connect. I'm particularly surprised with Hyouka considering my bad experiences with "recent" Kyoani, but Hyouka is more Haruhi-like and less Lucky Star/K-on like.
    I've been already planning to get back with Hyouka (have to, I've already made plans to import the Blu-ray's ... that animation quality man, I just had to have it ...) but I'm glad to hear that it had managed to maintain the same level of quality it had shown from the get go.

I stopped around episode 8 ... I think, but I wouldn't mind rewatching from the start. The show is one I can see myself watching again, if only for the animation (but the story isn't half bad either!)

Quote:
    Kokoro Connect has been a pretty solid teen drama so far with a body swapping gimmick.
    Will check that as well.

Quote:
    But my fav of the season is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. Not sure if it's you're type of comedy, but I find it absolutely hilarious. Outside of the cute, colorful and crazy outside, it's brutally dark and ironic in its satire.
    Then that's pretty much my type of comedy (or at least, my favorite type of comedy) Dark Comedies had always a special place in my adult life, and I'm glad to hear that there is one currently airing that is at least well received and well done ... the problem with them is, of course, is that they are usually the hardest comedies to make. Making that a priority.

Quote:
    What's even ironic is that it's directed by Seiji Kishi... and you already know how much I hate him

The funny thing about Seiji-san is that ... I think I might have became a fan these past few years? I still find his work unpolished in a lot of areas, I still think he is a far superior director in comedies than in action shows (though he does decently) and I still find his shows to not be able to tonally balance the mood of the show correctly.

And yet, I find myself drawn more and more to his style (and he has one, that's for certain) to the point where even though I had my issues with his work, I still manage to enjoy to them regardless. In a lot of ways, I think I might be getting to the point where I generally appreciate the sort of work he is bringing out.

Quote:
    I do hate the OP though. F***ing emo nano ripe!
    Oh cool, that's awesome! I love nano.Ripe

Seriously man, you should learn to accept it already. nano.Ripe are awesome, and you love them. OBEY!

2. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-08-05 03:17
    Pocari_Sweat
    Totoum (who's also a Ayahi fanboy) spammed links of various Ayahi niconico vids to me. And I must say she is an IMPRESSIVE vocalist. But like any anime singer, one must have enough dough to survive so there's also a bunch of mediocre stuff too (i.e. the nasal congested, high-pitched anime girl singing she also does).

There's actually 3 good SoL's airing atm - Tari Tari, Hyouka (carryover from last season) and Kokoro Connect. I'm particularly surprised with Hyouka considering my bad experiences with "recent" Kyoani, but Hyouka is more Haruhi-like and less Lucky Star/K-on like. Kokoro Connect has been a pretty solid teen drama so far with a body swapping gimmick. Tari Tari is still /fanboy and just further proves that PA Works anime original moe SoL/dramas are the best in the current industry to me .

But my fav of the season is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. Not sure if it's you're type of comedy, but I find it absolutely hilarious. Outside of the cute, colorful and crazy outside, it's brutally dark and ironic in its satire. What's even ironic is that it's directed by Seiji Kishi... and you already know how much I hate him . I do hate the OP though. F***ing emo nano ripe!
  3. Arabesque
    2012-08-05 03:08
    Arabesque
    An impressive deduction, considering that 1) your ''superior spy skills'' are on par with Johnny English and 2) I've been pretty ''secretive'' about my interest in the show, from me watching every show PA Works brings out, to praising the casting choice for the three leads to even saying how much of Ayahi Takagaki fanboy I am and drooling over the idea of how awesome the music was going to be ... I really should give you more credit, since your skills seem to be actually legit

Okay, without kidding around, thanks for the recommendation, really . It's been a while since I watched anything, so getting any sort of help is appreciated to help me get back into the grove of things again.
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-07-06 09:29
    Pocari_Sweat
    So given your tastes using my superior spy skills, if there's one anime you should watch this season, it's Tari Tari. Also, you'll get a nice bonus down the road with me as I will most likely get to see me rage a few episodes later on when PA Works decide to deviate off like they always do...

But for now... /fanboy mode.
  5. Arabesque
    2012-06-10 05:14
    Arabesque

7 pages ... Jesus ...

Err, guess I gotta read it huh ...

Quote:
    So how is our sparkling member doing lately?!
    Hanging around twitter mostly since I only have enough time to really post there, watching anime, annoying jemjem. You know, the usual
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-06-01 09:01
    Pocari_Sweat
    So how is our sparkling member doing lately?!

Also, your prescence is needed in this thread. Totoum just did the unspeakable!
  7. Arabesque
    2012-05-07 21:03
    Arabesque
    Yeah I gave my impressions on the thread ... expecting too many TL;DR responses to follow XP

I think you gave a good point about Oreki putting on a facade when it comes to him being lazy and what not. He is clearly just the sort of likes avoiding having to do anything taxing, but he's more cleaver that he let's on (or likes to admit)

Also, I knw you and know that you are as big of a Kyoani hater as a PA Works hater

Which means you hate neither lol
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-05-07 09:37
    Pocari_Sweat
    Think you might like this post. Me trying to explain why by the 3rd episode, I'm quite liking Hyouka. This is despite me being apparently a "Kyoani hater"
  9. Arabesque
    2012-05-05 17:06
    Arabesque
    I would like to say ''validated by history'' but then again ...

I think it has more to do with Hanasaku Iroha having more value in rewatchs than AnoHana does. That and Anohana is a whole lot more of an emotionally exhausting (and seriously way too melodramatic) series that works only when you forgot just how miserable and sad everything is for these kids. Hanasaku on the other hand works better because you get to notice things you didn't the first time round and also appreciate just how positive it is and how much energy it has.

That and I think it's the better written of the two, but I wont say that to you, else you'll say I'm pissing you off or something

It's certainly also better visually, thanks to the K.Mell designs (but that's a personal preference) and the one with the better quality control (the last episode of AnoHana was ... difficult to watch for a number of reasons).

10. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-05-05 01:50
    Pocari_Sweat
    You know... I donno why but as time passes, I'm actually liking HSI more and more. Tried to give an explanation here and but even then I'm not entirely sure why. I blame it on dem PA visuals.

In contrast, Anohana is a series I have been beginning to not give a fuck about as time passes. Which is funny because I considered it the better series when both series were both airing in Spring 2011.