AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > raile

Notices

Conversation Between raile and BetoJR
Showing Visitor Messages 71 to 80 of 99
  1. raile
    2011-04-01 10:21
    raile
    I guess stupid was a strong word. I guess impulsive is a better euphemism. Don't get me wrong, I love Ariel. When I was a little girl I would watch the VHS tape of the Little Mermaid every single day. I had Ariel dolls, Ariel-printed shirts, an Ariel bathing suit. The OST is in my iPod to this day.

BUT. I cannot ignore the stupid actions she pulled to win the heart of a guy she never even had a proper conversation with in the movie. C'mon, to leave the life and family you have, plus your voice to a clearly evil-sea witch for a guy you thought was cute was kinda WTF. XD

Despite that, I still love her like crazy.
    Your daughter has good taste! *high fives fellow little Ariel-fan*

Ahhh, theose were the times. I miss the good old Disney movies.
    Tangled (A stupid substitute for Rapunzel) and Princess of the Frog were pretty solid though. Hmm, no releases yet here. Well in my city at least, but I bet my country's capital (spoiled Manila) has it. The movies aren't dubbed here though, as English is considered our second language.

Ohh, a son! Congratulations to you! Be sure to give him a cool name! CoughRaileCough .
  2. BetoJR
    2011-04-01 08:38
    BetoJR
    Oh, c'mon, the poor girl is not stupid. She's headstrong, is all. And stubborn. And... yeah, she's kinda stupid, alright. Still love her, tho. Funny how a "girly" movie stuck so with me (such a macho-man I was, as a kid), through my formative years - and it helps that my daughter absolutely adores her, as well.

I still remember fondly watching it at my favorite theater (when multiplexes were the stuff of nightmares and movie theaters were actually worthy of such titles) and recording it with my two VCR's (it wasn't all that common to find non-rental VHS tapes, in my days), buying the LD and, finally, the DVD. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray of it, myself - even if Disney is kinda disappointing us with their local releases, around here... Has it come out over there, already? My only beef about importing these movies is that portuguese audio and sub tracks are, more often than not, only found here and in certain european releases (not all, even). And my daughter (and soon, my son) will want to watch them and understand.
  3. raile
    2011-04-01 05:24
    raile
    Despite Ariel's stupidity, I love her still.
    She is my childhood idol after all.
  4. BetoJR
    2011-03-31 14:30
    BetoJR
    Someone's gotta big love for Ariel, eh?
  5. raile
    2009-05-10 08:19
    raile
    Very well, soon-to-be-minion-of-my-minion.
  6. BetoJR
    2009-05-10 08:17
    BetoJR
    Can it wait until my knees are a bit less sore? I still got over 30 physiotherapy sessions to go, you know?
  7. raile
    2009-05-10 07:57
    raile
    I shall spare you the suffering...for now.
    But you must serve as West's lackey for a week!
  8. BetoJR
    2009-05-10 06:39
    BetoJR
    Why? I'm not doing anything... uh... I like green?
  9. raile
    2009-05-10 02:22
    raile
    *ponders on putting Beto into the GREEN room*
  10. BetoJR
    2009-05-08 03:53
    BetoJR
    NOT AGAIN!!!

Damn you, Westlo!!! You haven't heard the last from me yet... oh, wait... I'm sorry?