AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Hiroi Sekai

Notices

Conversation Between Hiroi Sekai and SilverSyko
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 22
  1. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-28 19:03
    Hiroi Sekai
    Yeah, it's not exactly a discussion-brimming series, it's just meant to provide general amusement. Kinda sad to see it go soon, personally.
  2. SilverSyko
    2012-11-28 16:47
    SilverSyko
    Just finished marathoning all the current episodes. Unfortunately it didn't really make me laugh as I feared, however it was still rather amusing. Not a bad show really.

If I had to compliment it on one thing though that would be the imagination fight scenes. Those were actually pretty awesome. It's just too bad it's only the characters' imagination.

It's good for staving off my boredom though so I plan to watch it to the end now. Not much to discuss about it though.
  3. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-28 05:16
    Hiroi Sekai
    I'm a tad picky about comedy series, so I think Chuuni's actually done very well in that. Nothing else that can be said, just give it about 3 episodes and you should be sold or turned away.
  4. SilverSyko
    2012-11-28 02:54
    SilverSyko
    Well I've always classified what can make me laugh as a funny show, so if Chunnibyou can do that and on a frequent basis then it's definitely worth my while.

I guess if there's nothing else you can say, even though I'm still rather hesitant, the only other thing left is to try it.
  5. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-28 02:17
    Hiroi Sekai
    Azumanga Daioh is more of a drawn-out comedy, and Chuunibyou is closer akin to the likes of Nichijou. In terms of actual "laugh-out-loud" moments, Chuunibyou has a stronger effect, that's all I'm saying. I love Azumanga Daioh just the same as I always have.

I rather like it, that's all I can say.
  6. SilverSyko
    2012-11-28 01:58
    SilverSyko
    Yeah I'm considering it, but I just need a bit more convincing before I'll go through with it. Being funnier that Azumanga Daioh though? Personally that's going to be a high hurdle.

Nah, I'm just considering Chunnibyou because it's really popular and from what I've seen of it it looks like it could have potential. Aside from what I'm already watching nothing else this season has really piqued my interest.
  7. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-28 01:32
    Hiroi Sekai
    Ah, I understand. If you haven't seen and evaluated it yet, I'd say give it a shot. In terms of actual comedy, I'd say Chuuni is better than Azumanga Daioh. It's worth a chance in my opinion.

If you want comedic this season I'd recommend that. However, for interest in general there's quite a few others; this season's been quite nice.
  8. SilverSyko
    2012-11-28 00:10
    SilverSyko
    Mmmm, it's not really that I don't like it. Other comedic anime I've found funny before (There were times that Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou were HILARIOUS for example), it's just a lot of the time lately when they make a joke I'm mostly left wondering "that was supposed to be funny?" I think it's more a lack of understanding than any real dislike of it.

I'm incredibly bored lately and have nothing else to do so I'm just curious whether or not I should give it a try since it's so popular. It has me intrigued so that's a start , but I don't really want to start watching if there's no guarantee I'll be invested cause I have a personal policy to finish every show I start.
  9. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-27 23:50
    Hiroi Sekai
    Not exactly, if you don't like Japanese humour then it's probably not a genre for you, that's all.
  10. SilverSyko
    2012-11-27 23:33
    SilverSyko
    Not really an answer I was hoping for cause those first 3 points don't really mean anything to me. Is there anything more..."worthwhile" about it?

I'm not very confident I'll find it all that funny either being a foreigner and all. I've noticed Japanese humour tends to get lost on me a lot lately.