AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Kudryavka

Notices

Conversation Between Kudryavka and Marcus H.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 23
  1. Marcus H.
    2013-02-13 02:52
    Marcus H.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
  2. Kudryavka
    2013-02-13 02:35
    Kudryavka
    When I said that, I was thinking more of the people who were being off topic and not contributing to the conversation.
  3. Marcus H.
    2013-02-13 00:20
    Marcus H.
    I think I may be viewed at as "taking it seriously" when I answered that long-ass post about a bunch of titles another user thought was "among the worst" with an equally long-ass one.

Honestly, I thought the thread was created with the intent to troll (judging from the current status of the OP), so I just wanted it to be closed after being necrobump'd.
  4. Kudryavka
    2013-02-02 21:41
    Kudryavka
    Yes, the comedy is preserved. Done better in some cases, actually, since we get to see what actually happens instead of just character portraits and words.

I also like how they include the whole Little Busters team in the down times, instead of just Riki like in the game. It is much better at giving a sense of true binding friendship and love. A nice way to make up for not including all of the special groupwide bonding moments in the game.
  5. Marcus H.
    2013-02-01 23:53
    Marcus H.
    I honestly think that the comedy in Little Busters is handled well (of course, this is from the same studio that first brought Hayate no Gotoku). But I have to agree that Masato is handled like some running gag of sorts instead of being a true harbinger of humor. Honestly, I think Kyousuke gives a better dose of humor than Muscles.

That said, it's good hearing from a fan of the original VN that J.C. hasn't screwed up LB that bad. Yet.
  6. Kudryavka
    2013-02-01 21:52
    Kudryavka
    I'm glad I missed that drama. To be honest I was highly doubting KyoAni would do a LB anime since they had a steady lineup of other projects ever since 2008/2009, and LB is too big to do justice without prioritizing it.

Anyway, I've only gotten through a few episodes, but I like it so far. Of course it has its flaws, but so does every game-to-anime adaptation I've watched where I've also played the game. I overlook stuff like compressing or omitting stuff that isn't extremely important to the story. e.g. there is a very cute and kinda lengthy scenario between Masato and Kud in game, but I fear that won't make it into the anime due to time constraint. I definitely wouldn't attribute these flaws to being JC Staff's fault, since I've seen other companies, most notably KyoAni, run into these as well.

I agree with some of the others in that a few characters didn't survive the game to TV transition well. Masato for example, is quite stupid. Game Masato is a little dull, sure, but he can actually be surprisingly intelligent and eloquent, often unintentionally so, and he could at least tell when someone was laughing at him, not with him. The anime took his muscle obsession and slight stupidity and decided to turn him into a complete idiot... I'd hate to see this result in a cold water sensation later on.

There are also improvements as well, like how the background characters look like anime. You may not believe me, but in the game the background characters all look like real East Asian people, down to the small eyes, realistic body proportions and ear to shoulder length, dark colored hair. It annoyed me to no end to see big eyed colorful anime characters on a background of regular looking people, so I'm glad JC Staff threw that failed concept out.
  7. Marcus H.
    2013-02-01 21:07
    Marcus H.
    How's the anime, by the way? Based on the discussions on the subforum, it doesn't look well-accepted. Fortunately, relentlessflame has stopped the "Why isn't this KyoAni-made?" ruckus from happening in the first place.
  8. Kudryavka
    2013-02-01 20:57
    Kudryavka
    Yepppp, money talks!
  9. Marcus H.
    2013-02-01 20:53
    Marcus H.
    The only thing that I have to say with that is: money talks.
  10. Kudryavka
    2013-02-01 20:48
    Kudryavka
    Since LB anime is getting licensed, I'll watch it now on Crunchyroll.

The thing I told you before is confusing me now, though. I thought VA would not want any of their new stuff to leave Japan, but here we get a license, and an officially translated game... it's all confusing, I'll have to ask the VA president if I can get hold of him on Twitter.

tl;dr boycott over, watching LB, it's awesome.