AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Pellissier
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 70
  1. Pellissier
    2015-04-16 07:37
    Pellissier
    So far I'd say that Baby Steps 2 should go there (since it was there in first season), and Oregairu 2 too for the same reason. For the non sequels, at the moment I only see potential five stars in Ore Monogatari and Hibike! Euphonium.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-04-16 05:28
    Pocari_Sweat
    Hmm... you know what this season lacks. A really GOOD series. In other words, one that is a *****+ rating. There's a bunch of good to great series *** or ****, but no *****.
  3. Pellissier
    2015-04-10 05:24
    Pellissier
    Watched it, good but as most of this shorts, it leaves you wondering what it could be if it was the pilot episode of an actual series. It can happen, though.

In other news, I've watched almost all episodes 1 I was interested in, and the best series so far have been:

- Hibike! Euphonium (pretty sure KyoAni is working hard on this, since they haven't done a masterpiece/top tier class since Hyouka in 2011)
    - Ore Monogatari (from the director and crew of Chihayafuru, I can only expect wonders)
    - Plastic Memories (curious to see how they handle the drama, because it looks there'll be a lot).
    - Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (nice designs, creative and a with a bit of good craziness. Left a very positive impression if it can keep this up).
    - Baby Steps 2 (more of the same)
    - Oregairu 2 (have to get used to the new designs, Yukino in particular, but the overall mood seems the same of the first season).
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-04-08 01:33
    Pocari_Sweat
    If you get the chance please watch Aki no kanade ova from anime mirai 2015.
  5. Pellissier
    2015-03-21 05:58
    Pellissier
    Examples on my side could be Kimagure Orange Road (1987), Hime-chan no Ribon (1992), Kodomo no Omocha (1996) and Cardcaptor Sakura (1998). All series with their own magic, but too different from nowadays' productions.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-03-21 02:21
    Pocari_Sweat
    Yeh, I understand the bias for "classic" series that have personal bias attached. I have my own share afterall. It's quite difficult to compare those to anime within the last decade. An example of a classic that I have great attachment for is Macross, both the original series and the Macross Plus OVAs.
  7. Pellissier
    2015-03-20 12:58
    Pellissier
    I said that at the end of first cour, at that time the anime was a 9/10. And while in the episodes 1-12 I gave three 10s, in episodes 13-22 I've given all 10s and a 9 (to episode 17).

More important than numbers was the greatness of this show, and the suffering. I really loved Kaori so each thursday was more and more of a pain as the time went by.

As for the ratings, I also give 10/10 very rarely. Last I had given was Chihayafuru 2 in 2013, then Anohana in 2011, Cross Game in 2010, Clannad AS in 2009, Bokura ga Ita in 2006, Honey & Clover 1-2 in 2005-06. There are a few other tens, but they're either movies or older "classic" series which I don't compare with the last decade.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-03-20 06:07
    Pocari_Sweat
    Quote:
    Shigatsu is ten material but I don't know if it will keep it up, personally I think it won't.
    Looks like you're wrong!

That ending. Wow. No cop out. Just the ending alone makes it better than most teen melodramas. Visual Arts Key is particularly bad at cop-outs for example. Combine Shigatsu with an incredible last third of the series, it a very strong 8/10 for me. Just out of my favorites (Hyouka/Tari Tari tier for me). Only if the middle parts were stronger and the childhood friend romance element wasn't so obnoxious I would have liked it more.

Btw how my ratings work is that anything 9/10 or above is on my alltime favourites list. 10/10 are super rare, I have like one every few years with the last entry being Cross Game which I only finished last year . S
  9. Pellissier
    2015-02-17 05:53
    Pellissier
    Heh, I linked the first page of the thread instead of the last and strongly warned though.

More and more posts were either asking for or giving hints about the future events and I decided it was time to cut them. From now on every such post will be deleted.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-17 05:41
    Pocari_Sweat
    Damn you Pelli. I clicked on the Manga link for the Shigatsu anime thread because my curiosity was too strong and spoilt myself