AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 236
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-07-08 02:40
    Pocari_Sweat
    Internal plagiarism... nice term .
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2014-07-08 00:51
    Guardian Enzo
    I agree, so far it looks pretty good. Trust me I'd rather have been wrong about Glasslip, but my impressions based on once episode are frighteningly close to what I expected going in - it's just too self-aware and internal plagarism on a KyoAni scale.

I'm curious about Akame ga Kill - I'll be watching it shortly.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-07-08 00:44
    Pocari_Sweat
    Well looks like you were right this time regarding PAW . Was expecting Tari Tari. Got... I don't know wtf I got.

In terms of the slice of life/drama type shows this season, Barakmon takes the award for having the best pilot episode. Conversely, Glasslip's was dull, boring and unenthusiastic. Quite disappointed. Though like I said (and I know you disagree ) not infuriating like NagiAsu's pilot episode.

I'm actually quite surprised with the likes of Gekkan Shoujo. Was actually pretty good and it did give me a few chuckles albeit it didn't have me in stitches or anything. Sailor Moon remake was competent but like yourself I don't have any attachment to it since I wasn't really into it when I was a kid (more a DBZ person but who wasn't haha).

Heavy hitters are Aldanoah Zero and Tokyo Ghoul so far, but I suspect Zankyou no Terror to be part of the list once it airs later in the week.

Haven't seen Ao Haru Ride as of this post, but plan to check its pilot episode out. Perhaps Tokyo ESP too but Xebec tag is worrysome. There might be a few missing so hit me up if I missed anything.

Rail Wars and Sword Art Online 2, as expected were quite bad. Will give it the 3 ep treatment to see if it improves but I'm not hoping much. REALLY hoping Glasslip improves though, because if it doesn't, it might be the biggest disappointment this year for me considering how much I love PAW...

Overall more shows have me interested than winter and spring put together, so perhaps the summer season can carry like last year perhaps? .... Maybe?...
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-08 19:43
    Pocari_Sweat
    Well that had more to do with the author rather than the medium . You can add Baccano, Durarara and Spice and Wolf to the "exception" list too
  5. Guardian Enzo
    2014-06-08 07:37
    Guardian Enzo
    Light novels did give us Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita...
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-08 05:15
    Pocari_Sweat
    In response to Flower's animechart - What are you talking about man!! Light novels are the wittiest and smartest concepts I've read!
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-15 06:04
    Pocari_Sweat
    Both.......
  8. Guardian Enzo
    2014-04-15 05:34
    Guardian Enzo
    TV spoilers or book spoilers? Can't really blame people if it's TV spoilers.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-15 04:06
    Pocari_Sweat
    Trying to dodge Game of Thrones spoilers is turning out to be incredibly difficult...
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-03-29 07:41
    Pocari_Sweat
    It's even sadder because it seems that the popularity of the series is now at an all time high and it started to go downhill due to the romance and shipping pandering and the like :/