AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 248
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-08-01 10:28
    Pocari_Sweat
    So I watched this PA Works OVA called Mai no Mahou to Katei no Hi. It's a 30min edutainment piece exploring a snippet of an everyday life of a typical Japanese family and values of a Japanese family. It was pretty much as good as it can get (bloody brilliant). It was done in a naturalistic, genuine, understated way and the visual style is akin to one that is acceptable on daytime television (Sazae-San style etc) since it's totally devoid of moe.

I highly recommend you check it out and if you require, I can provide a link to you via PM (subbed version ofc) since it's not the easiest thing to find. You know ironicially, it might actualy be PA's best piece of work despite being an OVA
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2013-07-30 04:18
    Guardian Enzo
    Sorry, opened it on my sumaho and didn't see it.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-30 00:29
    Pocari_Sweat
    The "last game" link doesn't work for you?
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2013-07-30 00:25
    Guardian Enzo
    Thanks, sounds interesting. Any of it scanlated?
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-29 21:23
    Pocari_Sweat
    I don't know how often you read manga, let alone shojo manga, but I found a gem thanks to a sig link of a fellow Animesuki Member. It's called Last Game. First two volumes are set in elementary school and high school respectively, but by the third volume it's set in college (YAY! Love college settings!). I find the main female lead incredibly moe though I'm not sure due to the twisted definitions of moe lately it classifies anymore despite the whole concept of moe being derived from shojo in the first place.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-28 07:13
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'm very sorry regarding my Anohana post. Sometimes I can't hold in my dissappointment . If it makes you feel any better, it's better than anything Visual Arts Key tried to accomplish.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2013-07-17 07:37
    Guardian Enzo
    I dunno - maybe you can try a different login just for that site? That's very weird.

My favorites so far are Gin no Saji (exactly what I expected - for one ep), Watamote (brilliant, but agonizing to watch), Uchouten Kazoku (second ep far better than the premiere, a ton of upside), Servant x Service (best premiere, imouto destroyed the second ep, very worried), Blood Lad (pleasant surprise), and Rozen Maiden (recap premiere was silly, but Mochizuki showed his stripes in the second and Watanabe is a very fine director). Gatchman Crowds wasn't all I'd hoped, but it was only one episode.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-17 06:59
    Pocari_Sweat
    Nah no context, I watched it a few years ago (I own the whole Genius Party DVD package) but I just randomly saw it uploaded on youtube so I've been getting people to watch it (namely Archon Wing because he's a lazy ass bum and needs to be spoonfed/recommended ) but I was wondering your opinion on it.

Obviously it wasn't as great as 5CM by sheer length standards but it was damn powerful and evoking. Also it reminded how dissappointing Kids on the Slope was

Btw, I'm having trouble posting on your blog again. I don't know why but your website hates me hence I've been spamming your wall a lot . Based on my initial impressions of the season (which is not bad for a Summer Season I guess), I'm most anticipating Uchouten Kazoku, Watamote and the new Rozen Maiden.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2013-07-17 06:50
    Guardian Enzo
    Don't be sorry! I was just trying to figure out if there was some context I should have been remembering, but wasn't. In any event yes, I did see Baby Blue and and it's the usual Watanabe brilliance. Some people compare it to the first part of 5CM and I don't think it's quite on that level, but it's pretty special.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-17 05:31
    Pocari_Sweat
    I can't remember. If I did, well sorry .