AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 255
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2013-08-21 06:51
    Guardian Enzo
    Not really, no, thus the smiley...
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-08-20 23:46
    Pocari_Sweat
    Don't tell me you took me seriously on the nagikara thread
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2013-08-15 08:10
    Guardian Enzo
    So I managed to find time to watch Mai no Mahou at last. You were right, it's very good - reminded me a bit of a much more cheaply made, less madcap "My Neighbors the Yamadas". There's nothing about it that especially screams P.A.Works to me, but it is further evidence that Yoshihara is a name to keep an eye on.

But why is the dog wearing a beret?
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-08-01 20:14
    Pocari_Sweat
    I think PA has a fascination for eufonius I swear I heard that artist a lot in their works .

Another departure was the Professor Layton movie, which was effectively marketed at kids.
  5. Guardian Enzo
    2013-08-01 20:11
    Guardian Enzo
    Same director as Uchouten... The visual style is indeed quite a departure (just watched 2 minutes). It's obviously cheap, but then this is a commercially-sanctioned advertising, effectively. It does have that daytime-TV look, with a bit of Ghibli in the character designs.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-08-01 20:04
    Pocari_Sweat
    Yeh, that's where I got it from.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2013-08-01 19:59
    Guardian Enzo
    Thanks - I'll check it out. There's a version on Nyaa, DLing it now.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-08-01 10:28
    Pocari_Sweat
    So I watched this PA Works OVA called Mai no Mahou to Katei no Hi. It's a 30min edutainment piece exploring a snippet of an everyday life of a typical Japanese family and values of a Japanese family. It was pretty much as good as it can get (bloody brilliant). It was done in a naturalistic, genuine, understated way and the visual style is akin to one that is acceptable on daytime television (Sazae-San style etc) since it's totally devoid of moe.

I highly recommend you check it out and if you require, I can provide a link to you via PM (subbed version ofc) since it's not the easiest thing to find. You know ironicially, it might actualy be PA's best piece of work despite being an OVA
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2013-07-30 04:18
    Guardian Enzo
    Sorry, opened it on my sumaho and didn't see it.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-30 00:29
    Pocari_Sweat
    The "last game" link doesn't work for you?