AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 281
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-25 06:53
    Pocari_Sweat
    It's been a while so WTB RandomC Podcast with Sage Enzo
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-04 06:47
    Pocari_Sweat
    The acronym possibly, but the phrase has been used since forever
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2015-02-04 06:43
    Guardian Enzo
    That's the one.
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-04 06:42
    Pocari_Sweat
    The phrase CGBC?
  5. Guardian Enzo
    2015-02-04 06:38
    Guardian Enzo
    Certainly.

Did I coin that phrase? I honestly can't remember anyone using it before I did...
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-04 06:37
    Pocari_Sweat
    I think we can agree though that modern CGBC shows though are definitely inferior and smell of being tugged by too much by marketing influences. They simply lack the grace and elegance older ones do. And the humour.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2015-02-04 06:32
    Guardian Enzo
    Different strokes. There can be more than one primordial anything, of course, and Aria came before Minami-ke (both as manga and anime) but in any case I've never considered M-K a CGBC series. Yes, there are cute girls in it - but thematically it's a situation comedy than relies on the humor more than the cuteness. It also has a very strong supporting male cast. To me, it just doesn't fit the definition.

As for Azumanga Daioh, I confess I could never make it through that show. So I guess I can't say one way or the other!
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-04 06:15
    Pocari_Sweat
    Just saw your description to Flower, but to me the primordial CGBC series is Minami-ke. Or Azumanga Daoih. Though I don't like the latter as much as some people do.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2015-02-02 06:26
    Guardian Enzo
    I would take 2009-10 over the last two years in a heartbeat, personally. And 2015 is off to a terrible start, though at least on paper Spring looks as if it could be tolerable.

I was looking at my output from Spring 2012 the other day, and I was blogging 20 shows that season - and could have blogged even more. If you want to be depressed about where the industry is now, that will do it to you. There were at least 8 shows airing that season that were better than anything airing now, or anything in 2014 not named H x H or Mushishi.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-02 06:22
    Pocari_Sweat
    Hey I wasn't accusing you of anything! (and certainly not accusing of you being optimistic back then). I just liked the time period (and your posts) back when the grass was greener. Seeing anime today is like being ported back to 2009-10 which makes me want to hit my head against a wall.

By no means am I saying your posts are bad, just stating reading them along with various commentary out there makes me depressed as hell.