AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 237
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-11 00:11
    Pocari_Sweat
    I can respect that. I also don't doubt Bakuman is good.

For me it's just one of those series that I "should" like but for some reason find boring. The two obvious recent series that fall into this category is Silver Spoon and Chihayafuru. You should see how much crap I get from "certain people" on AIM for not liking those two haha.
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2014-02-11 00:01
    Guardian Enzo
    Considering the budget he had to work with I thought he did quite well with Bakuman.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-10 23:28
    Pocari_Sweat
    As I mentioned before, Kasai's peak was when he directed Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile and I believe he directed Major too though I never seen the series (read a bit of the manga a long time ago though). Aoi Hana was also pretty good, a yuri story that isn't about fetishizing the concept, like how Wandering Son didn't fetishize crossdressing and transexuality.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't direct much anymore for me to make an opinion as of late.
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2014-02-10 23:24
    Guardian Enzo
    Yeah, I sometimes switch those two in my head...
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-10 20:12
    Pocari_Sweat
    Sorry for butting in regarding your convo with Reckoner regarding Toradora, but Kasai wasn't involved in the Toradora in the adaptation. It was Nagai.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-09 02:29
    Pocari_Sweat
    You didn't give Yuki Kaiji that award?! What blasphemy!
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2014-02-09 02:14
    Guardian Enzo
    "Whoever voiced him"?? That's Miki Shinichirou, I'll have you know - one of the finest seiyuu in history! And a role for which I awarded him my "Best Actor" statue for 2013.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-08 21:54
    Pocari_Sweat
    Gintarou was the star of the series. Whoever voiced him too did a phenomenal job.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2014-02-08 19:25
    Guardian Enzo
    I ended up loving it, just not quite enough to fit in the Top 10 (11-13 were basically tied, and just missed). I see people dismiss it as fluff and lightweight, and that saddens me because Gingitsune is actually quite deep and emotionally and psychologically subtle.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-08 11:16
    Pocari_Sweat
    As I mentioned on twitter, finished absolutely adored Gingitsune. Think I actually liked it more than you did actually. I think I have a weak spot for these heartwarming, bittersweet, mono-no-aware type stories as of late. Must be getting old or something .

Very nice appetizer before the new Mushishi season starts next season. Which also reminds me, I have still have to watch the 4th season of Natsume...