AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 453
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-15 02:19
    Pocari_Sweat
    So... thoughts? I actually have expectations for this one.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-15 01:36
    Pocari_Sweat
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-15 00:11
    Pocari_Sweat
    Well looks like I voted afterall:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...76#post4976376

Results show that Kyousogiga didn't make the cutoff for a lot of categories .
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-14 06:14
    Pocari_Sweat
    Heh I'm not gonna bother with nominations. Only going to bother with votes .
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-01-14 04:56
    0utf0xZer0
    I found a couple of these genuinely hard choices:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=110
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-01-14 04:20
    0utf0xZer0
    I like Tomoe for a couple reasons.
    First, while she gets made fun of just as much as most other single late-20s women in anime, her portrayal felt much more affectionate and sympathetic, making it an antidote of sorts to the usual portrayal.

Second, there's something bewitching about the contrast between her refined head maid side and her sassy, mischevious and boisterous side. (I borrowed the "bewitching" description from Otome Youkai Zakuro - the lead character of which also has a refined side that contrasts wonderfully with her sassy one.) I really dig that.
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-13 22:44
    Pocari_Sweat
    I still don't understand your fascination with Tomoe . I honestly thought you were going to try and argue about Ohana.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-01-13 14:52
    0utf0xZer0
    Wow, that actually was pretty bad. Normally I remember to include Matsuri when I claim waifus. I actually have a figure and wallscroll of her too. I blame my starting out by just talking about Kuroneko and Azusa. I didn't actually think about who else I was including that hard.

And if I'm going to waifu a PA Works character I'm going with Tomoe.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-13 06:32
    Pocari_Sweat
    Quote:
    My waifu is KURONEKO you infidel.
    Though Azusa is an appealing option, as is Charlotte Dunois. And while I'm loath to admit it, Kotomi is appealing on a sheer huggability factor.
    Sweet! Taking Matsuri off your hands then. Oh you don't want me to? TOO BAD! You didn't renew your license to claim her.

Also, claiming all the "good" PA Works females including Hiromi, Ohana and Wakana (and Minko for the "visual" factor, though her actual personality itself is a bit questionable). I'm feeling generous so you can have Noe. You can have all the Kyoani female characters for all I care, as I don't give a crap about any of them .

Seriously, there is something about PA Works female characters that I find incredibly moe about (3 of my top 10 female characters are from PA Works)... or maybe I'm just delusional due to my blind studio fagging.

Quote:
    Prior to playing DA I tended to find most *snip*
    The thing with old games I find is that you usually have to have the nostalgic factor to replay them, at least for me. If someone told me to play a classic which I didn't play in my childhood (for example the Doom franchise, yes I have never played any of the doom games), then it's very difficult to play them in this day and age. So I don't blame you.

Witcher 1 was a more clunky but customizable game, whilst Witcher 2 was more streamlined and restrictive. Nonethless, when I play "good" RPGs it's not so much the gameplay that I love but world and the story. The thing with Witcher franchise is that there is no clear good or evil - it's all grey. Some choices may be slightly lesser evils but in the end it still has major consequences. None of the characters are clear cut good guys or bad guys and that's what I love about it. I like to call it realistic "low" fantasy.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-01-13 06:16
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Nah, I thought you were Type B otaku that only watches "moeshit" and claims characters like Yui as your waifu.
    My waifu is KURONEKO you infidel.
    Though Azusa is an appealing option, as is Charlotte Dunois. And while I'm loath to admit it, Kotomi is appealing on a sheer huggability factor.

Quote:
    Must be the elitist oldschool Bioware fan in me but the Dragon Age: Origins was a massive disappointment compared to the likes of the Baldur's Gate franchise and the Fallout franchise (excluding Fallout 3, that was just Elder Scrolls with guns and thus meh). Never cared about Mass effect though it's probably more popular than even than Baldurs Gate at its prime by now.
    Prior to playing DA I tended to find most "full fat" RPGs I tried either a bit too overwhelming or a bit too clunky to really work for me. I think DA just managed to hit a sweet spot between meaty complexity and streamlining to really work for me. Plus, I liked a lot of the core characters and the fact it actually did force making some tough calls.

(Major surprise: the amount of time I spent doing extra stuff to pimp out my party. I generally haven't regarded myself as the kind of person who does that in games.)

The Witcher 1 and 2 are actually next on my list if I ever manage to finish my playthroughs of Awakening, X-Com, and a few VNs (and DA:Inquisition hasn't come out yet), and I actually did find the time to sample a few hours of the first one at one point. The setting looks greats, though the way travel and time of day are implemented feels a bit tedious.

I also have to say that Wild Hunt looks like a great way to show off a nice rig... I just may not be able to afford one for a while after the game's release.