AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 111 to 120 of 486
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-02-11 22:32
    0utf0xZer0
    Finished: Idolma@ster. I got a ways into Natsuiro Kiseki before I stopped due to time constraints. I didn't get that far into AKB0048 or Love Live, though I'm interests in seeing more Love Live to see if I can figure out why it has the third longest sales "tail" of any recent show after Bakemonogatari and K-On.

I also want to see Idolm@ster Xenoglossia because of the concept and the fact it's directed by Tatsuyaki Nagai. That, and to see if I can make fun of one of my friends from undergrad for voting it his favourite anime of 2007.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-11 21:15
    Pocari_Sweat
    Question, what other idols shows have you tried and/or finished?
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-02-11 18:31
    0utf0xZer0
    You get excited by tragedy moe? Eww, what kind of pervert are you?

All kidding aside, I'd say that the tragic circumstances and will to carry on are moe points, and that while empathy for characters is not strictly speaking moe, it plays a key role in proper appreciation of many moe works.

That's one reason I think a lot of anime adaptations fail - what may be empathy evoking in a slow burn format like a visual novel may not necessarily work well in an anime.

When it comes to WUG, I'm a fan of Miyu, the maid cafe waitress. This is likely because I know quite a few moe-otaku girls via the local cosplay scene and while I'm not sure I'd call her realistic, I think she does a good job capturing the "type".

(Did you know that I once spent $3 on a tiny polaroid of myself with a tiny asian girl cosplaying Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku SS in a maid uniform because the cafe (a one day thing organized by a local anime club) didn't allow taking your own photos? In my defense, I was already a big fan of hers from the Taiga and Ririchiyo cosplays she had done over the preceeding few years.)
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-11 03:54
    Pocari_Sweat
    Man... I think I'm liking Wake up Girls more than I should be... or at least Mayu who I find incredibly moe, though I'm not sure if that's the right word. Same feeling I had for like Wakana from Tari Tari, where you feel empathy for her loss, tragic past but find satisfaction when you see them happy or enjoy themselves. Would that be classified as moe? What does Mr. Pretentious Moe Scholar think?

Heck, I would say I'm liking WuG more than NagiAsu atm...
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-02-03 05:13
    Pocari_Sweat
    Bah the last 2 eps of Nagi kara is turning bad again. Enough with this romance angst Okada jeez...
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-30 06:53
    Pocari_Sweat
    Just re-watched the entirety of White Album 2 (cause I fucking love this show - so buying it if it gets a release. NIS America LETS GO). However, a part of me still is regretful that it didn't get a higher production budget. Imagine if PA Works did it! Would be like instant 10/10!

/dreaming
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-30 02:10
    Pocari_Sweat
    Btw, you have no idea how much I'm craving for a show like Iroha, Tari Tari or Hyouka I am atm...

It's kinda killing me

I'm quite picky with my moe... which probably explains why I'm always so cynical.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-01-30 01:55
    Pocari_Sweat
    So you're shipping for that series?
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-01-30 01:45
    0utf0xZer0
    So I watched this week's Inari Konkon.
    Touka + Uka = One True Pair.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-01-29 18:32
    0utf0xZer0
    More or less what I expected you were going to say since you didn't seem to really carry about me waifu-ing Kuroneko.

I kind of suspected it was going to be that clip. Not sure if you noticed but Ayana actually flip flops on whether Azusa qualifies. Also, the clip kind of makes me want to see some Sister Princess just to see what imouto anime from like 2001 was like.

Personally I have trouble deciding whether to go with your standard or whether to, say, set a cut off at 15 or so to fit in characters like Nadeko. And I actually do sometimes call characters like Azusa loli or loli type without really meaning it in a strict sense.