AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 141 to 150 of 453
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-12-15 02:24
    0utf0xZer0
    These days most of my posts are about advancing my pro-moe opinions while spending the least possible effort.

That's mainly because school takes up so much time though. I like Oreki, but I'm not that Oreki like.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-12-12 02:43
    Pocari_Sweat
    Something tells me you get fired up whenever myself or one of Archon and co's peeps decided to bash Kyoani or overly troptastic moe stuff
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-12-11 02:46
    Pocari_Sweat
    I actually played the demo of that game a long time ago. It was pretty average
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-12-11 02:44
    0utf0xZer0
    You guys' scenario needs to involve the original True Tears game in some way.

You know, the one PA Works and Okada decided to totally ignore in making the anime:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2r3jouu.png
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-27 04:16
    Pocari_Sweat
    Not sure what to think of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_7x9Q2ZArs
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-17 06:58
    Pocari_Sweat
    Oi oi oi. Don't take my blind dislike of Chinami so seriously. I was only doing it to tease/annoy you a little .
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-16 19:36
    Pocari_Sweat
    Ignore this Reckoner infidel. He's been slandering me everywhere!
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-16 09:18
    Pocari_Sweat
    Lol.

Though, the bad Minami-ke season was Okawari (2nd season). 3rd season (Okaeri) was meh but it wasn't terrible by any means.

1st season > 4th >> 3rd >> 2nd is how it goes.

Still missing a good moe show for the year aside from Minami-ke Tadaima. I had to rewatch Tari Tari for my fix.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-11-16 04:47
    0utf0xZer0
    So there's a gag in this week's Outbreak Company episode I thought you might enjoy:
    Spoiler for Outbreak Company episode 7:
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-13 07:05
    Pocari_Sweat
    Hmm.. I'm not sure if "painted look" is a good term for Kyoani backgrounds. Because like you said True Tears had a painted look and so did something like Uchouten Kazoku and I adored the visuals in both those series.

Most of the time, what Kyoani really lacks in their visuals is a sense of emotive expression. I don't ... really feel anything from Kyoto Animation visuals other than the fact from a technical point of view they are very impressive (and hoping that they could use this in other genres... and no Kyoukai no Kanata does not count since it's an epic failure).

PA Works visuals though.... melancholy, bittersweet, heartwarming, mono no aware, nostalgia... no other studio evokes those emotions more than PA Works for me and it's a combination of their really "alive" backgrounds in combination of the choice of music and visual direction they go for. It's poetic in a way much like Shinkai movies are poetic. Of course PA Works work in a different framework as they still try to cater to a latenight audience.

Hyouka was an exception in that it did have those emotions. I guess you can argue that the Key adaptations did too, but unfortunately I dislike Key's formula of slapstick silly nonsense at the beginning, theatrical melodrama later on. This is something I can give credit to something like Anohana which was relatively consistent throughout the whole series. After Story is my default favourite Key show because it didn't have this mood whiplash. Talking about After Story, that flower field episode in episode 18 was one of the most beautiful and emotion evoking scenes ever made both in the way the drama was developed and how the visuals were expressed.