AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 415
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-10 19:35
    Pocari_Sweat
    It's actually the same case in Australia. The majority opinion is written by one judge and the other agreeable judges pretty much say "I agree with the opinion with Justice except for the following points". Dissenting judges though write their full opinions.

I got some time over the weekend so I'll check out some of the titles you mentioned. Particularly the World is Still Beautiful since the premise intrigues me and it's been a while since I've seen a good fantasy/adventure anime. I also really like artstyle of One Week Friends as it reminds me of Wandering Son/Bunny Drop. Plus it seems like Brains Base is back on track (hurrah for non-otome game adaptation ). Otherwise, I'll check out other titles as they come based on recommendations made by yourself and others.

In regards to Mahouka, not touching that with a 10ft pole unless it's agreed upon "credible sources" that's it's actually good ala Raligun S2. Megapopular light novel adaptation from Dengeki. Yeah, nah. I rather watch Kyoani moeshit than that.

Talking about Kyoani, they are really trolling the shippers hard with the Tamako Market movie promo posters .
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-10 18:26
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    I also like your attitude of "This is a moe show that caters to me and I like it, so fuck you haters" for certain shows
    More or less, though I'm usually too subtle a person to say "fuck".

Watched the first episode of Is The Order a Rabbit... great show, but judging by your experiences with stuff like Non Non Biyori I think it's sense of humour and sensibilities are too cutesy for your taste (yes, moe shows can have a cutesy sense of humour - I'm pretty sure you know what I mean). Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin was okay.

BTW, I ended up researching an Australian case for a paper I'm writing, and my god, how do you guys ever figure out what the law actually says when every judge writes their own opinion? It's not like the judges at our highest level court always agree, but it's usually way easier to figure out what the majority opinion was, as usually either one judge will write for the majority, or one judge will write an opinion and you'll get other judges who concur (ie. "I agree with judge X except for the following points").
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-10 04:12
    Pocari_Sweat
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've tapered completely off my usual anime knowledge expertise since I'm kind of naturally steering off the anime hobby as I age and find other interests so I don't look at charts no where near as much as I use to.

I also like your attitude of "This is a moe show that caters to me and I like it, so fuck you haters" for certain shows .
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-10 03:53
    0utf0xZer0
    My favourites so far would be The World is Still Beautiful, Akuma no Riddle, Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, Brynhildr in the Darkness, One Week Friends, Hitsugi no Chaika and maybe Black Bullet. Some of which I think would be more to your taste than others.

I'll recommend The World is Still Beautiful to you right off the bat. And I suspect that Brynhildr will surpass it's so-so start to become one of the better "boy meets girl, shit gets weird yo" shows in recent memory.

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara is by far the most moe-moe shows I've watched so far. It's also Noucome level stupid. Unlike the little I saw of Noucome, I enjoyed it.

One Week friends looks like it could be good in a "slow and steady"kind of way.

Black Bullet and especially Hitsugi no Chaika were very satisfying but also quite generic.

Not sure what you'd think of Akuma no Riddle's yuri and psychotic assassin girl sensibilities. I liked it.

Haven't seen Soul Eater NOT yet (which looks like it'll be far more moe-moe than the original). Waiting for subs of Atelier and Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin. PRetty sure that Is that Order a Rabbit? Is going to be too cutesy and SOL for your taste.

Mahouka had a weak opener. Bokura was Minna Kawaiisou didn't start real strong either.

Wixoss - the lead girls lack of acknowledgement of how creepy the card game she's learning to play is didn't work for me, might get better as the anime raises the stakes. Triple_R liked more than I did.

Seikoku no Dragonar had a weak opener - my brother got my hopes up by saying he wouldn't watch it because it was a cross between Dragon Crisis, Zero no Tsukaima, and Unbreakable Machine Doll.

My brother did like Blade & Soul. Blade & Soul is basically Gonzo returning to its old shenanigans. It's an MMORPG based anime where some badass lady assassin skinny dips in the woods and then makes some guy who sees her pee his pants. That and some stuff about an evil empire threatening villagers. Not as good as Hitsugi no Chaika IMO - generally speaking I prefer gothloli wizards to badass lady assassins and it's going to take more than a hot skinny dipping scene to make me go against my principles.
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-09 21:25
    Pocari_Sweat
    So aside from Mushishi Season 2, I have no idea what I'm supposed to watch this season. Suggestions are welcome... including your token moe show(s) of the season .
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-06 00:59
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'm curious to see if Tamako Market love story movie will be a better romance series than Nagi no Asu Kara. My gut reactions thinks yes, which is damn scary.

But, I still stand by my opinion that Tamako is one of Kyoani's best female characters, and that I do quite liker her. No idea how she would rank in my general preferences though.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-06 00:57
    0utf0xZer0
    When you run into a Tamako cosplayer at a local Japanese cultural festival, the correct procedure is to buy $5 of mochi so you can ask her to pose with it for photos, right?

When I first read your comments on Chisaki, it got me thinking you probably wouldn't like one of the major characters in a story I want to write... then I realized my character isn't actually all that angsty. Just, like, an few orders of magnitude more timid and socially anxious than Chisaki is.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-06 00:52
    Pocari_Sweat
    Some redundant analysis that you may find interesting :
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...73#post5071573
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-06 00:24
    Pocari_Sweat
    Quote:
    Because if moe is a problem, maybe I don't want to be saved.
    Lawl. Moe is definitely not a problem, in fact it's part of the charm that contemporary anime brings that no other medium does as far as I know.

However what is a problem is fetishizing the concept, particularly when it involves sexualizing said moe characters especially when it involves prepubescent girls (and boys) or putting them in a light where it be deemed discriminating - I would imagine feminists in general would have a field day regarding the anime medium if they were informed about the hardcore otaku subculture.

Quote:
    Quick question for you: are there any anime characters that tend to remind you a lot of Matsuri in Sola?

For me, it's Yuki Souya in Taisho Yakyuu Musume. Granted, Yuki lacks Matsuri's tragic backstory and is far, far younger, but I feel the characters mannerisms are somewhat similar - it's one of the few other cases I can think of where Noto Mamiko takes her typical "soft spoken and refined" voice and injects a bit of "pep" into it.
    Can't think of any on top of my head. Never watched Tiasho Yakyuu Musume so I can't comment.

Quote:
    I texted my girlfriend that Triple_R thinks Chisaki is fine but you don't like her.

She texted back "he likes hiromi so no taste".
    Pfff. Inferior commoners liking the noeblob! (intentional typo)

Quote:
    True Tears reference? My girlfriend thinks yuou should up your rating of the show because of it.
    That reminds me more of Silver Spoon than True tears in all honesty .
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-05 22:22
    0utf0xZer0
    http://tinypic.com/r/iy3dds/8
    True Tears reference? My girlfriend thinks yuou should up your rating of the show because of it.