AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 453
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-18 02:55
    Pocari_Sweat
    I probably watched a few episodes here and there of various shows, but the last good one I watched in full was Minami-ke Tadaima. Before that it was Tari Tari. To be honest I have no idea what the definition of a 'moe show' is, but hell TT had the type of moe I like in spades.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-06-18 02:08
    0utf0xZer0
    If he didn't like Hyouka, Hanasaku Iroha, Uchouten Kazoku and Shin Sekai Yori I'd have to say that your tastes are closer to mine than his. Though on the other hand, I occassionally ship, like K-On (and Gochuusagi and...), and sort of like No Game No Life* - though Seikoku no Dragonar is by far my favourite guilty pleasure of the season thus far.

(It has kemonomimi and gorgeous Sakurasou style artwork, but I have a love/hate relationship with the over the top characterization and fanservice.)

I don't suppose you could clarify what you consider to have been the good "moe shows" of years past? I'm not quite sure how you draw the line on what's a moe show and what isn't.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-17 04:50
    Pocari_Sweat
    But yeh in general, I've been having terrible luck with "moe" shows lately. Or maybe my standards are too high.

Wait, I've been complaining about this for two years now .
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-17 04:32
    Pocari_Sweat
    Highlight the white text .

Oh you don't know me if you think I'm ironic, witty and "Archon-Wing" like most of the time. Should see me in LoL and how much I rage at the smallest of shit. Reth does too though lol.

I also said I like the artstyle of Atelier, not the games itself. But that's more because I like Kel Mishida's art. I don't play JRPGs unless they called Persona or from Atlus . And Demon Souls/Dark Souls if those count.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-06-17 04:27
    0utf0xZer0
    Chances of Pocari having to ask me what Sola is: 0. Plus, the episode 3 comment doesn't quite fit his still. You need to be more ironic and less outraged.

Next question is who would impersonate Pocari and likes Atelier? Probably the person Pocari said keeps trying to get him into that series.

(Just realized that the ebay listing is for a different Kishida illustrated novel... making me wonder if the Hisaya-Kishida collaboration was actually released.)
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-17 04:23
    Pocari_Sweat
    On that topic, Rethice hasn't posted on this forum for god knows how long. We also actually have pretty different tastes in anime, particularly when it comes to titles with emphasis on "moe", we like and we constantly like to give each other shit for it.

Examples: He likes Log Horizon and No Game No Life, I do not. He likes Nagi no Asu Kara, I do not. I like Hyouka, Hanasaku Iroha, Uchouten Kazoku, he does not (what a heathen for liking the "worse" PA shows and disliking the "better" ones ). I like Ping Pong and Shin Sekai Yori, he does not. I like Makoto Shinkai movies, he does not. He's a shipper, I am not!

There's a few titles where we both like Psycho Pass, Fate Zero, Spice and Wolf, Mushishi, Usagi Drop and the like but they are not too common .

I think he has more common in tastes with you actually. Just don't mention Hyouka. He's been giving me shit for recommending it to his anime club (didn't get voted out and was finished in its entirety) for about 3 months straight. Said it was the worst Kyoani series since K-on .
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-17 04:11
    Pocari_Sweat
    I have no idea what you mean.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-06-17 04:06
    0utf0xZer0
    Somehow, I'm reading more Rethice than Pocari in those last two.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-17 03:15
    Pocari_Sweat
    Also what is Sola?

Just kidding.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-06-17 03:11
    Pocari_Sweat
    Sakura Kagura. I remember that title. Just seeing that artstyle screams Kel Mishida off the bat (I like his artstyle including the ones he did for the Atelier games).

Sora no Method has a pretty nice art style. Might be tempted to try it out just for that, though chances are it might just be another "moe" show. My quality threshold for moe shows are pretty "pretentious".

And ffs, must you always mention HSI ep 3. It's an offensive and terribad episode that needs to be killed with fire!