AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 371 to 380 of 453
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-15 18:25
    0utf0xZer0
    I know you haven't cared much for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia much so far, but I figured you might find this exchange fromwhen my friends and I were watching it recently somewhat amusing:

Me: I noticed this before, but have you noticed that this show has a character called Yuuko in it who is a ghost?
    The Russian (group elder geek and another EF fan): Yes. And she has amnesia.
    Me: ...Whoa.

Both him and I are actually somewhat optomistic for the show, though in the facts it's based off an incomplete source is a worry.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-03 03:47
    0utf0xZer0
    Really looking forward to Kokoro Connect and Taritari this summer... amusing contrast with my most anticipated spring shows (Game of Thrones and Fate/Zero, though there's lots of others on the list too).

Renji is a dress would be an amusing image if not for the fact it keeps reminding me that

As to the rest... I had started drafting a reply, but my workload is heating up again faster than expected. Unfortunately you might need to wait until later this month, I'm just too tired to write long stuff right now.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-04-01 22:15
    Pocari_Sweat
    Nisemonogatari - Ugh. About half the episodes were good ol' Bakemonogatari style. However the other half was entirely fetish fuel (and not the good kind). Nadeko in ep 2. The whole toothbrush debacle. Araragi groping Hachikuji and Tsuhiki because he can (and ignoring the fact he already has a girlfriend in Hitagi). I donno... it just turned into a predominately fanservice/ecchi show for about half the series albeit in a "Shaft style".

Another - Excellent for the first 10 episodes, even the beach episode which was a subversion. Then suddenly bam... turned into Battle Royale or Higurashi. Found it unintentionally funny because at how over the the top deaths (and the lolz factor in "Killer Granny") but ultimately they were bad.

Ano Natsu - Last episode I saw was actually 10 so I need to get a move on with this before new season starts (and Chihayafuru and Natsume too)

Never watched more than 2 episodes of Inu x Boku SS but from what I've seen, seems like a shojo supernatural series with all that sparkling lol.

As for next season, I'm most looking forward to Sakamichi no Appollon and Uchuu Kyoudai. The former is no brainer as Watanabe (Cowboy Beboop, Samurai Champloo) is directing it with Yoko Kanno doing the music. The latter, well its a 4-cour space drama series. Since when do we ever see 4-cour+ series outside of big shonen titles! Considering the trailer is giving me strong Planetes Vibes (which is one of my most favourite animes of all time) I have high expectations of this.

After that comes Fate/Zero, Jormungand and Tsuritsma. Don't really care about Kyoani-ka and Faffing about Box :3.

Game of Thrones... to be honest this is just in a totally different league to anime. Even during 2011 where it is considered the best year since 2007, my enjoyment for Game of Thrones was higher than Madoka and Steins Gate put together. I know that Fate/Zero fans will disgress, but imo that has absolutely nothing on Game of Thrones. It's no brainer the second season (which started airing yesterday) is highly anticipated for me, moreso than any anime series. I've always loved Sci-fi or Fantasy epics, which are quite rare these days considering entertainment from the "West" largely composes of either sitcoms, crime dramas or superhero adaptations.

About Renji... hmm. I guess if his voice was a little less deep and he wore a dress (DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MARI OKADA) then I guess he could pass off as a girl :3.
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-04-01 09:08
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'll write my reply very soon - been quite busy. But just letting you know that Shin Oonuma will doing Kokoro Connect this summer.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-29 23:57
    0utf0xZer0
    Back, thought probably not for long.

Anyway, in my opinion:
    Nisemonogatari: started mostly great (I absolutely love Bake's dialogue, style and tongue in cheek humour), stayed good til the end of Karen Bee. Tsuhiki Phoenix... didn't ruin the series for me but was vastly inferior to what I'm used to from the show. Ending was okay.
    Another: start slow, got good around episode four or so and settled into a fantastic slow building tension that worked until episode 11, when everything kind of turned into a giant mess. However, they managed to rein it in a bit in twelve and I was actually very impressed with the climax and actual ending.
    Ano Natsu de Matteru: start out feeling "so generic it's awful", slowly improved until the Okinawa arc which I thought was great. Kept being great through episode 10. Episode 11 was a bit crazy but it handled it better than Another. Ending was pretty good but could have been better - I get the impression that what they discovered is more meaningful if you've seen the previous Onegai works.

I'll honestly put all three as "favourites of 2012" candidates, and I'm not inclined to try and pick which is best.

Weirdly, I think the series with the strongest last couple weeks is actually Inu x Boku SS... episode 11 was amazing and the finale was pretty good too. Also a show that started weak then got better IMO... though I still find it makes me wish there was more Otome Youkai Zakuro episodes.

Also, I recently realized that next season will have Fate/Zero airing in close proximity to the new season of HBO's Game of Thrones... interesting just because for some reason I feel like I like the two shows for similar reasons.

Also, quick question. Do you think Renji from EF is intended to look like a girl? I was looking at some cosplays of him on a Japanese site and I noticed that pretty much all of them are done by girls.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-20 16:59
    0utf0xZer0
    Despite my best efforts to keep off the board until after the assignment I've loaded it up without thinking a couple times out of sheer force of habit. So I'll give you a very quick reply but spare more detailed discussion until after the paper.

I've seen most Another episodes twice: first with my girlfriend (we're watching Another, Ano Natsu, and Inu x Boku SS together) and then again when I meet with my anime buddies every week or two. It's a favourite of mine too, due to its ability to keep me on my toes (both in terms of tension and plot twists), and Mei is adorable even if she ends up reminding me a lot of a certain other character. That said, I did feel this week's episode was a bit messy in contrast to the tight writing of the previous episodes. They tried to cram too much in. Ano Natsu also went a bit wild this week but more in terms of tone than messy writing so it didn't bother me quite so much.

Won't be checking back until, well, whenever I end up loading the page without thinking again. I hate to say it, but it's actually incredible how much more productive I am when I don't read AS.
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-03-19 05:23
    Pocari_Sweat
    On another topic, I present you with two hilarious pics . I added them to the Mari Okada club thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.ph...ictureid=43509
    http://forums.animesuki.com/group.ph...ictureid=43510
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-03-15 09:01
    Pocari_Sweat
    Question? Are you following Another by any chance? To me and as the general consensus I think (excluding the Monogatari fanboys lol) I think it's the best of the season. Unfortunately "mystery/horror" is not a popular genre in modern anime so it's been bombing in Japan.

And oh good luck with uni.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-08 12:21
    0utf0xZer0
    Have both, but probably won't be on until summer. I probably shouldn't be on here as much as I am at the moment, actually.

Tried showing Ano Natsu to my girlfriend last night, surprisingly she loved it from the get go... she made me watch three episodes with her and probably would have done more had we not had significant homework. She's a Remon fan too.

BTW, did the twist about Mio feel Okada-ish to you? Loved her and Tetsurou during the Okinawa arc.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-03-08 08:12
    Pocari_Sweat
    Btw, do you have AIM or MSN account?