AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 371 to 380 of 533
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-01-22 04:13
    Pocari_Sweat
    Subject? Oh so I'm a guinea pig now eh?

Will dl and give it a crack.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-20 15:51
    0utf0xZer0
    You should already know about it from Enzo's praise, but I feel like convincing another person to watch Kotoura-san and you seem like a decent subject for it.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-01-06 01:47
    Pocari_Sweat
    I still remember the "youth is about tears, sweat and overflowing juices" quote
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-01-06 01:04
    Pocari_Sweat
    I think the show is doing something right if I'm actually laughing at the comedy of a series that is actually of the comedy genre (common problem with anime for me where I actually find comedy series unfunny whilst its the actual non-comedy series that have comedic parts that tend to be funny). Also the fact yuuno looks a bit like hiromi, is a flirt so I was yelling at the Mc to put it in whilst loling at tamaki antics. I imagined tamaki as okada during her college years right down to her arc where she goes apeshit when her bf breaks up with her for extra lol factor.

God dammit. That writer has ruined me forever. Whenever there's a female character that trolls with romance/flirtaous or pervy dialogue she always comes to mind! This is beyond being tsundere...

Anyways very fun series indeed. Unfortunate that the plot wasn't the same level.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-06 00:30
    0utf0xZer0
    There's a joke among my friends that Kurenai is actually a show for guys who are into older women disguised as a loli show - and it's funny because it's true to an extent.

IMO the shows big strength is it's sophisticated but fun sensibilities and characters, which more than make up for a bit of plot wonkiness and being a harem show in disguise.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-01-05 23:04
    Pocari_Sweat
    So... I watched the entirety of Kurenai. P good series. Yuuno had the fap/shipping factor and Tamaki was a lulzy perverted troll. Plot was a bit all over the place but I didn't care much since the chars were so fun.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-12-04 04:33
    0utf0xZer0
    If there's one thing that sucks about our profession, it's that we're never going to get to work for a company with such a glorious culture.

Something I noted while looking up Shurelia, BTW:
    Quote:
    Nekomimi Mode: Donning a stereotypical Kitty Cat hairband and whipping out her legendary weapon "Pinku no Keyboard", Miyuki gains increased speed: Enabling her to fight off monstrous bugs, reply to forum concerns, and ward off imbalances. Unya Nya!
    I wonder if this is intended as a reference to the the OP song for Tsukuyomi Moon Phase:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNWr_Jlx6p0

fun facts about this one:
    1) This is the OP for what is, as far as I know, the first project Shinbo directed for Shaft way back in 2004 (though Shinbo has actually been directing since sometime in the early/mid 90s).
    2) The voicework? Saito Chiwa, who a few years back people thought was getting typecast for this kind of thing. For reference, Saito Chiwa's recent roles include Hitagi and Homura.
    3) This is the show that got me into anime. No, the show is not as random and sugarcoated as the OP makes it look, thought it still is about a cat ears wearing gothloli loli vampire (and some photographer dude who keeps capturing ghosts on film).

Quote:
    $1m or $2m prize pools aren't uncommon.
    It's this kind of thing that drives companies like Razer to make some crazy computer gaming gear:
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-hex/
    (Despite Vexx's stories about reliability issues with some Razer gear, I kind of like the company. Course, it's hard to hate a company whose contribution to the anti-SOPA campaign was to put a giant, neon green "FUCK SOPA" splashpage on their website to explain to people why they should go bug Congress about it.)
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-12-03 21:06
    Pocari_Sweat
    A fair bit of LoLs characters are influenced by anime culture so I'm not surprised. One of the ex-devs Shurelyia was a massive weeb afterall Sona who is the most popular support class char is based off hatsune miku. Lux is based off Marisa from Touhou. Ezreal the most common attack damage carry looks like a generic male shonen hero with cloud strife like blond hair and goggles and his /dance emotion is the Haruhi dance. And pink skin Taric, the most popular custom skin because he's so FAB looks like a power ranger.

Riot is really into this whole geek and pop subculture. Twisted fate's /dance has been changed to the Gangnm style dance for e.g.

Explains why there's a massive casual audience for the game as well as having being a top notch professional game which has overtaken even starcraft. $1m or $2m prize pools aren't uncommon.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-12-03 03:44
    0utf0xZer0
    Despite not playing LoL (I'm loath to get into online games given how rarely I get to game at all these days, so I tend to stick to single player and LAN (when I have friends over), I actually have print of Ahri by a local artist. Oddly, the first thing I remember noticing about here is the colour of her tails, which makes her look sort of like a mature version of this character, to whom I credit much of the inspiration for that fantasy novel I want to write (used her as a desktop background back around 2007, decided I wanted to write something involving a foxgirl with super-fluffy tails).

Re: heights:
    I have a thing for short girls (though my girlfriend is only maybe 15-18cm shorter than me) and memorizing their stats. Anime characters, seiyuu, cosplayers - whoever's data I can get my hands on.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-12-03 02:43
    Pocari_Sweat
    So I've been playing a lot of this game called "League of Legends" (Dota variation) lately and I dunno why but I should have linked you this earlier since I recall you liking cat ears and foxgirls.

She's a mage class, throws around fire orbs and spirit fires and has a "charm" spell. And every line of dialogue she says can be mistaken for something kinky or an innuendo.

Alternatively, this is a custom skin of hers (have to pay $ for it): Foxfire version.