AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 453
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-05-26 03:45
    Pocari_Sweat
    Little girls! With animal ears!

On a serious note, I wouldn't have the faintest clue
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-05-26 02:40
    0utf0xZer0
    So you know how I've sometimes said I want to write a novel but never seem to get around to it?

I'm interested in what sort of characters you think I'd include.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-24 03:04
    Pocari_Sweat
    Also, it's funny how retrospectively the more I reflect, the more I think HSI was a great series, and that it's "down" episodes were exaggerated aside from episode 3 and a certain Takako/Enishi one at around 17 or something (the minkoface one) and that the majority of its episodes were actually really good, with some outstanding ones like the premier, ending and the Tokyo arc.

Tari Tari hasn't changed, always loved the series and still do. True Tears was going up and up due to lack of great pure romance series and then White Album 2 aired and I got my dose after 5 years. Uchouten Kazoku was amazing but for some reason I have a feeling I'm going to forget how good it was unless I actually rewatch it at some point, whilst with PA's anime original shows (except for NagiAsu), I will always remember them because of their particular atmosphere/style and its female characters. I think this is where that whole DVD/Bluray purchasing mentality comes in where heart > head as I still don't own Uchoten Kazoku. NagiAsu I will remember as an example of Okada indulgence and how I now want nothing with her anymore. Not buying that series.

I don't really have strong opinions on Another and Canaan but I did enjoy them at the time. Angel Beats and Red Data girl belong in the GTFO and Cool story bro tier respectively.

But really, I'm not a PA works fanboy by any means.

Spoiler for Real Reaction:
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-24 02:50
    Pocari_Sweat
    Also Pre-HSI and Tari Tari, I didn't really care about PA Works, I just loved True Tears. Then they released those + Uchouten Kazoku + Nagikara to an extent (though I didn't like this one very much as you already know) and now are building a studio image around the anime original slice of life/coming of age genre with the latest instalment going to be Glasslip. But unlike some studios (*cough Kyoani*) they don't tunnel vision into one genre and do try to experiment albeit it results in mixed results - Red Data Girl quality to Uchouten Kazoku quality (I should stop hating on RDG...)

But yeh, post HSI and Tari Tari was when fagmode was activated.
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-24 02:47
    Pocari_Sweat
    Renji's mom hahahahaha. She was one moe milf.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-24 02:42
    0utf0xZer0
    Hanasaku Iroha and Tari Tari hadn't aired yet at the time. This was like pre-Bakemonogatari era.

At the time I nominated Matsuri, Kotomi, Iriya Kana (Iriya no Sora), Horo, Eruruu, Mashiro Mito (Tayutama), Akiko Minase (Kanon) and Renji's mom from EF. I did second Noe's nomination but that was more liking the character than thinking she was a good candidate.
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-24 02:22
    Pocari_Sweat
    Isurugi Noe as an anime babe... wut?

At least choose like Sawa or Nako or something ...
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-24 01:17
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    F*** you. She's best girl. Worst girl is Tsugumi.
    I actually haven't kept up with Nisekoi at all (my girlfriend has...), so I'm going to say Tsugumi is best girl because she shares a name with Tsugumi Komachi from Ever 17, possibly my favourite VN character ever as well the female half of possibly my favourite VN couple ever - seriously, I named my two desktop computers after them and named my portable hard drive after her pet hamster.

(My laptop is Yune after the Ikoku Meiro no Croisee character, because of the scene where one of the French characters comments that he mistook her for a doll. I was originally thinking of naming her Kuroneko, because, you know, Thinkpads are black, but when I unboxed her she was so light compared to my old Dell clunker (3.3 pounds v twice that) that I thought she felt like a toy... hence the name.)

Brynhildr episode 3 was amazing, so it's going on my season favourites list now. Still having some trouble keeping up as I'm still in exam/papers mode and only watching during meal breaks.

BTW my brother bought the PA Works Illustrations book at Sakuracon since he's a huge Canaan and Tari Tari fanboy... and then because he hasn't seen True Tears he asked me to point out which girl was the one obsessed with chickens. Because one time he was running an anime babes contest and I helped write her profile (yes, someone nominated her), and I said that

Spoiler for True Tears:
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-18 22:01
    0utf0xZer0
    I love Tomoe but she does't have enough screentime to exert that kind of influence. But I really like Ohana and HSI's scenario. Uchouten Kazoku would probably be my #2 pick.

I'm probably least fond of Canaan and Angel Beats. I like Another, Tari Tari, True Tears, NagiAsu and I actually like Red Data Girl a surprising amount given that I didn't find it the easiest show to follow along with or really get into.

BTW, I made my brother watch an episode of Atelier Escha & Logy with me... in the scene where the two of them meet at the bureau I asked him to guess if it was a bishoujo game or an otome game, he said he would have guessed Otome had it not been for the OP.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-18 02:12
    Pocari_Sweat
    Is it because of Tomoe? I thought it would have been Uchouten Kazoku for you by this point.

I'm expecting Glasslip to be in the top tier though! I believe!