AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 453
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-18 01:26
    0utf0xZer0
    I don't particularly care for the anti-moe crowd, although I will acknowledge that some light novel adaptations and such are kind of shit.

BTW, I still consider HSI best PA Works anime.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-17 02:36
    Pocari_Sweat
    Moe is cancer. More like moe haters are cancer. You agree yes?
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-14 21:07
    Pocari_Sweat
    I remember the ef anime OPs having a lot of engrish .
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-14 18:52
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Is this a Bunny gave me diabetes. That show is definitely a NOPE!
    How utterly shocking.

I've stuck strictly with the PC as a gaming platform for costs reasons but the Atelier franchise tempts me from time to time - it looks like my kind of series. Escha has a pretty nice character design, especially the tail.

I'm finding Brynhildr a little more intriguing after two episodes than one, BTW.

My watching is still constrained by studying for exams. Especially since I'll be in Seattle next weekend for Sakuracon and will have two exams the following week... really hoping my girlfriend and I get into this year's Saturday night concert as this year's musical guest is the singer for the two EF anime OPs - and Memories will be one of five shows screened as part of a showcase of her work at the con, so I'm thinking there's a chance she'll sing one of them.
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-14 07:17
    Pocari_Sweat
    Is this a Bunny gave me diabetes. That show is definitely a NOPE!
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-13 08:09
    Pocari_Sweat
    One of my best friends (Reth on this forum, but he doesn't post much) is a big fan of the Atelier games and whilst he's been trying to get me to play the franchise along with some other JRPGs... unfortunately I can't get into the JRPG genre unless if you are called Persona or games made by Atlus. Nonetheless, I watched the pilot episode and it was decent. I did find the main girl a bit annoying though and too squeaky (common problem in anime though) and the atmosphere a bit too fluffy... but then again One Week Friends was the same too but without that oomph factor that ef tale of memories did. Conclusion, both Atelier and One Week Friends are on probation atm.

I also tried No Game no Life, Knights of Sidonia, Hitsugi no Chaika, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Mahouka and Soul eater Not and they didn't catch my attention. I'll let the AS hipster council TM decide the outcome of that .

Soredemo Sekai though is a definite keeper. You were completely right that it was right up my alley . That and Mushishi are two of that have caught my interest.

I'll give Akuma no Riddle and Ping Pong a try very soon.

Btw, I'm enjoying Nisekoi way more than I should (I should hate the shit out of it)... I blame the character designs. They are so GOOD and wasted on trash like this. Particularly this new girl Marika. Can we bring her to a PA Works show instead and completely rework her personality. Cause you know, PA Works have learnt some terribad habits from Kyoani with sameface syndrome and they need to relearn how to draw proper characters!

But if I was to be completely honest I just want Summer to come so I can get my PA Works fix with Glasslip since NagiAsu was bloody dissappointing and that ran for bloody 2 cours grrrr!
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-12 22:40
    0utf0xZer0
    Judging by first episodes, I have to say that Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka?, and Atelier Escha and Logy are my favourites so far. So two moe slice of lifes and something that feels kind of shoujo-y and seems to have plot.

After that things get tricky. There's a substantial list of moe shows I want to see at least one more episode of, and I haven't even finished sampling the non-moe stuff (though I have seen Mushishi s2 and Ping Pong now).

I will say that if push comes to shove, I'll probably prioritize Akuma no Riddle, Hitsugi no Chaika (as generic as it is…), Brynhildr in the Darkness and One Week Friends above other options.

And at the other end of the scale, Mahouka, Soul Eater Not, and Black Bullet are looking like probable cuts when the crunch hits, because there's other moe or semi-moe shows I'd prefer to concentrate on keeping up with. And I already dropped Mangaka-san to Assistant-san on the basis that it is terribad.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-11 00:59
    Pocari_Sweat
    That critic thread is giving me a headache...
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-10 19:35
    Pocari_Sweat
    It's actually the same case in Australia. The majority opinion is written by one judge and the other agreeable judges pretty much say "I agree with the opinion with Justice except for the following points". Dissenting judges though write their full opinions.

I got some time over the weekend so I'll check out some of the titles you mentioned. Particularly the World is Still Beautiful since the premise intrigues me and it's been a while since I've seen a good fantasy/adventure anime. I also really like artstyle of One Week Friends as it reminds me of Wandering Son/Bunny Drop. Plus it seems like Brains Base is back on track (hurrah for non-otome game adaptation ). Otherwise, I'll check out other titles as they come based on recommendations made by yourself and others.

In regards to Mahouka, not touching that with a 10ft pole unless it's agreed upon "credible sources" that's it's actually good ala Raligun S2. Megapopular light novel adaptation from Dengeki. Yeah, nah. I rather watch Kyoani moeshit than that.

Talking about Kyoani, they are really trolling the shippers hard with the Tamako Market movie promo posters .
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-10 18:26
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    I also like your attitude of "This is a moe show that caters to me and I like it, so fuck you haters" for certain shows
    More or less, though I'm usually too subtle a person to say "fuck".

Watched the first episode of Is The Order a Rabbit... great show, but judging by your experiences with stuff like Non Non Biyori I think it's sense of humour and sensibilities are too cutesy for your taste (yes, moe shows can have a cutesy sense of humour - I'm pretty sure you know what I mean). Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin was okay.

BTW, I ended up researching an Australian case for a paper I'm writing, and my god, how do you guys ever figure out what the law actually says when every judge writes their own opinion? It's not like the judges at our highest level court always agree, but it's usually way easier to figure out what the majority opinion was, as usually either one judge will write for the majority, or one judge will write an opinion and you'll get other judges who concur (ie. "I agree with judge X except for the following points").