AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 457
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-24 02:22
    Pocari_Sweat
    Isurugi Noe as an anime babe... wut?

At least choose like Sawa or Nako or something ...
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-24 01:17
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    F*** you. She's best girl. Worst girl is Tsugumi.
    I actually haven't kept up with Nisekoi at all (my girlfriend has...), so I'm going to say Tsugumi is best girl because she shares a name with Tsugumi Komachi from Ever 17, possibly my favourite VN character ever as well the female half of possibly my favourite VN couple ever - seriously, I named my two desktop computers after them and named my portable hard drive after her pet hamster.

(My laptop is Yune after the Ikoku Meiro no Croisee character, because of the scene where one of the French characters comments that he mistook her for a doll. I was originally thinking of naming her Kuroneko, because, you know, Thinkpads are black, but when I unboxed her she was so light compared to my old Dell clunker (3.3 pounds v twice that) that I thought she felt like a toy... hence the name.)

Brynhildr episode 3 was amazing, so it's going on my season favourites list now. Still having some trouble keeping up as I'm still in exam/papers mode and only watching during meal breaks.

BTW my brother bought the PA Works Illustrations book at Sakuracon since he's a huge Canaan and Tari Tari fanboy... and then because he hasn't seen True Tears he asked me to point out which girl was the one obsessed with chickens. Because one time he was running an anime babes contest and I helped write her profile (yes, someone nominated her), and I said that

Spoiler for True Tears:
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-18 22:01
    0utf0xZer0
    I love Tomoe but she does't have enough screentime to exert that kind of influence. But I really like Ohana and HSI's scenario. Uchouten Kazoku would probably be my #2 pick.

I'm probably least fond of Canaan and Angel Beats. I like Another, Tari Tari, True Tears, NagiAsu and I actually like Red Data Girl a surprising amount given that I didn't find it the easiest show to follow along with or really get into.

BTW, I made my brother watch an episode of Atelier Escha & Logy with me... in the scene where the two of them meet at the bureau I asked him to guess if it was a bishoujo game or an otome game, he said he would have guessed Otome had it not been for the OP.
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-18 02:12
    Pocari_Sweat
    Is it because of Tomoe? I thought it would have been Uchouten Kazoku for you by this point.

I'm expecting Glasslip to be in the top tier though! I believe!
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-18 01:26
    0utf0xZer0
    I don't particularly care for the anti-moe crowd, although I will acknowledge that some light novel adaptations and such are kind of shit.

BTW, I still consider HSI best PA Works anime.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-17 02:36
    Pocari_Sweat
    Moe is cancer. More like moe haters are cancer. You agree yes?
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-14 21:07
    Pocari_Sweat
    I remember the ef anime OPs having a lot of engrish .
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-14 18:52
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Is this a Bunny gave me diabetes. That show is definitely a NOPE!
    How utterly shocking.

I've stuck strictly with the PC as a gaming platform for costs reasons but the Atelier franchise tempts me from time to time - it looks like my kind of series. Escha has a pretty nice character design, especially the tail.

I'm finding Brynhildr a little more intriguing after two episodes than one, BTW.

My watching is still constrained by studying for exams. Especially since I'll be in Seattle next weekend for Sakuracon and will have two exams the following week... really hoping my girlfriend and I get into this year's Saturday night concert as this year's musical guest is the singer for the two EF anime OPs - and Memories will be one of five shows screened as part of a showcase of her work at the con, so I'm thinking there's a chance she'll sing one of them.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-14 07:17
    Pocari_Sweat
    Is this a Bunny gave me diabetes. That show is definitely a NOPE!
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-13 08:09
    Pocari_Sweat
    One of my best friends (Reth on this forum, but he doesn't post much) is a big fan of the Atelier games and whilst he's been trying to get me to play the franchise along with some other JRPGs... unfortunately I can't get into the JRPG genre unless if you are called Persona or games made by Atlus. Nonetheless, I watched the pilot episode and it was decent. I did find the main girl a bit annoying though and too squeaky (common problem in anime though) and the atmosphere a bit too fluffy... but then again One Week Friends was the same too but without that oomph factor that ef tale of memories did. Conclusion, both Atelier and One Week Friends are on probation atm.

I also tried No Game no Life, Knights of Sidonia, Hitsugi no Chaika, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Mahouka and Soul eater Not and they didn't catch my attention. I'll let the AS hipster council TM decide the outcome of that .

Soredemo Sekai though is a definite keeper. You were completely right that it was right up my alley . That and Mushishi are two of that have caught my interest.

I'll give Akuma no Riddle and Ping Pong a try very soon.

Btw, I'm enjoying Nisekoi way more than I should (I should hate the shit out of it)... I blame the character designs. They are so GOOD and wasted on trash like this. Particularly this new girl Marika. Can we bring her to a PA Works show instead and completely rework her personality. Cause you know, PA Works have learnt some terribad habits from Kyoani with sameface syndrome and they need to relearn how to draw proper characters!

But if I was to be completely honest I just want Summer to come so I can get my PA Works fix with Glasslip since NagiAsu was bloody dissappointing and that ran for bloody 2 cours grrrr!