AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 61 to 70 of 453
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-02 05:59
    0utf0xZer0
    RDG is another show I felt was a mess but ended up liking quite a bit because of the characters. Though I will admit that I like Nagi no Asukara more than RDG. The pathos is more beautiful.

Revised the post yet again because I honestly don't want to make a confrontation out of it, just offer up a different perspective on who thinks what and why they think that. And to add this 0utf0xZer0ism:

Quote:
    Hence why I reacted positively to Space Dandy being pitched as a retro sci-fi comedy by Watanabe and... didn't react positively when it was pitched as being about saving anime from moe. Because if moe is a problem, maybe I don't want to be saved.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-02 05:10
    Pocari_Sweat
    NagiAsu is in the bottom half of PA series for me, only above the likes of Angel Beats and Red Data. Hell, I would say I enjoyed Another and Canaan better and it's definitely not the calibre of Hanasaku Iroha or Tari Tari.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-02 02:27
    0utf0xZer0
    Also, regarding NagiAsu: the critic in me found Chisaki's reasons for taking so long to move on a bit unsatisfying. But the fanboy in me loves the Tsumugu/Chisaki pairing - I have a soft spot for quiet and reserved pairings - and that exquisite pathos! I haven't seen something like that since... well, okay, White Album 2, but I like the pairing her better.

So yes, I've been loving NnA's second half because of Tsumugu/Chisaki.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-02 02:16
    0utf0xZer0
    Perhaps a bit, but I think my really big frustration is just the sheer amount of time my "write to discover what my POV actually is" method of making insights consumes. It's freaking ridiculous, which is why I sometimes hate not being able to resist the lure of the debate. (Yes, I revised it again.)
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-02 01:03
    Pocari_Sweat
    I get the feeling some of the "critics", "non-moe fans" and/or "moe haters" are getting on your nerves
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-03-21 05:58
    Pocari_Sweat
    So I decided to power through about 12+ eps of Golden Time and holy moly. Something that is even more facepalm worthy than NagiAsu in the "romance mess" whambulance. I am impressed (not in a good way).
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-03-17 04:22
    Pocari_Sweat
    Quote:
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but Aiko appears in the True Tears/Hanasaku Iroha/Tari Tari crossover video that PA Works did.

Tomoe, unless I missed something, does not. PA Works you f***ers.
    UMAD?

In all seriousness, Tomoe is outside the marketable age which is why they didn't include her. The crossover vid is 110% PA Works fanservice/pandering so I wouldn't take it seriously. I feel really guilty liking it since it was by any other studio I would be dismissing it as "otaku trash" .
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-03-17 03:15
    Pocari_Sweat
    Nevermind found it:

PA Works = Pretentiously attractive Works
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-03-17 03:12
    0utf0xZer0
    Maybe there will be a scene where the main character is depressed about her work not measuring up to that of her coworkers and some girl will tell her she has talent because her work sparkles.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-03-17 03:12
    Pocari_Sweat
    By the way, I think PA Works anime originals (the ones that matter, so that doesn't include you Angel Beats and Canaan) can be arguably classified as "pretentious moe" works . I couldn't find a word starting with "A" that is similar to moe .

Cause I love the feelings their series give me (except the times they go full ham and retard).