AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Reckoner
Showing Visitor Messages 71 to 80 of 80
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-04-15 01:37
    Pocari_Sweat
    Just watched first ep of Anohana and holy shit... I think this one-upped Hanasaku Iroha... at least on the dramatic side of things. Mari Okada... why u turn god-mode this season?
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-04-13 21:30
    Pocari_Sweat
    Quote:
    It's kind of funny because despite enjoying episode 2, I enjoyed the mood and feel of episode 1 better. I like the comedy bits too, but some of the antics played by some of the characters were personally not my liking for an anime I rather see as more serious/mind fuck.

The one example of this being, I'm not so much into the idea of cat girls ^_^;. But anyway, I do really like the characters so far, but without a solid, engaging plot this anime can very well be lost on me. I'm truly interested in this time traveling storyline thread and where exactly it can take us.
    I guess it's the opposite for me . To me, the story/plot isn't really striking me fancy, but as a comedy it is delivering. The dialogue amongst the characters is what is selling the show for me. Though the cat girls part was just pure fanservice and didn't affect me at all.
  3. Reckoner
    2011-04-13 15:14
    Reckoner
    It's kind of funny because despite enjoying episode 2, I enjoyed the mood and feel of episode 1 better. I like the comedy bits too, but some of the antics played by some of the characters were personally not my liking for an anime I rather see as more serious/mind fuck.

The one example of this being, I'm not so much into the idea of cat girls ^_^;. But anyway, I do really like the characters so far, but without a solid, engaging plot this anime can very well be lost on me. I'm truly interested in this time traveling storyline thread and where exactly it can take us.
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-04-13 06:08
    Pocari_Sweat
    Watched the 2nd episode of Steins;Gate. Must say that the comedy in this is pretty good, had me laughing at multiple points. Okabe is a pretty damn hilarious character.
  5. Reckoner
    2011-04-03 21:24
    Reckoner
    I don't know too much about the production teams behind chaos'head and steins;gate. I do know nitroplus is behind the source material which is a company affiliated with Gen. I do have faith in this production though for three reasons. 1) Studio white fox is behind this anime unlike Madhouse which did chaos;head, and with their track record of katanagatari, that bodes well for me personally IMO. 2) One of this anime's directors directed the show Texhnolyze, whcih happens to be a personal favorite (It's a cyberpunk that's relatively inaccessible to most common fans!). 3) The animation and art is FAR FAR better than chaos;head.

So I am very positive on my outlook for that show at the moment.
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-04-03 21:08
    Pocari_Sweat
    That's on my plan to watch list as well. I just hope it doesn't turn out like Chaos;Head. Was Gen in charge of the script for Chaos;Head/Steins;Gate?
  7. Reckoner
    2011-04-03 16:52
    Reckoner
    Man, the anime was surely fantastic. I haven't seen anything this good in this sort of genre since ef~ and ironically, True Tears. I can't wait to see more . You should probably check out Steins;Gate by the way. It will surely be another fantastic anime I would hope.
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-04-03 13:21
    Pocari_Sweat
    Just watched the first episode of Hanasaku Iroha. Depending on how the shows goes, this may have personally set a new standard on slice of life/teen coming of age stories for me. Review here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...60#post3556460
  9. Reckoner
    2011-02-05 01:56
    Reckoner
    Haha yeah. They're one of the defining reasons why 2010 was such a painful year of anime for me.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-02-05 01:31
    Pocari_Sweat
    Haha, you seem to really hate DEEN. Not that I have a problem with it, it is a pretty average studio after all :P.