AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and totoum
Showing Visitor Messages 111 to 120 of 332
  1. totoum
    2013-03-30 18:16
    totoum
    lol what news do you want?
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-03-30 07:11
    Pocari_Sweat
    Moar PA news k thnx.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-03-22 02:03
    Pocari_Sweat
    1) Lawl. At this point it's just unintentionally hilarious than rageworthy. I guess it's the Family Guy factor. Do it once or a few times, it's funny. Do it continously then it's start's becoming cringeworthy. Keep doing it as a running gag and it becomes funny again.

2) Don't care. People are still spoilt. When people complain about visuals in Angel Beats, Guilty Crown or Fate Zero and the like, that's just being a spoilt brat.

3) I already knew that
  4. totoum
    2013-03-22 01:43
    totoum
    1)it took zetsuen no tempest 23 episodes but we got some crossdressing, and by a yuuki Kaji character! (it was originally in the manga)

2) Those angel beats pics,there's some SHAFT worthy stuff in there, now I do understand where people are coming from, but hey the animation director and director photography both weren't from PA anyway all the "real" staff was already working on HSI

3) Another and Red data girl are both novels
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-03-13 08:48
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'll keep it in mind.

On a random note, I finished the last 4 episodes of Kokoro Connect (the DVD only eps)... and holy shit. Definition of forced drama. It was so forced I actually enjoyed it cause I was laughing at it unintentionally.
  6. totoum
    2013-03-13 07:47
    totoum
    I can definatly understand your concerns,I sometimes wonder if I'll get more enjoyement out of watching people rage over the show than the show itself.
    If you're tired of over the top drama,I do have a recommendation:Sengoku Collection episode 18
    No,this isn't a joke,I'm not trying to trick you,I genuinely enjoyed that episode (my sig for the last couple months is from that episode) and it's completely standalone so there's no need to watch any other episodes to understand it.
    The plot might be forced a bit when I stop and think about it but it's the way it's told that makes it memorable.It's extremely restrained,unlike 99% of animes out there and much more like a european arthouse film.
    Worse case scenario I waste half an hour of your time,but I think odds are you'd find it interesting.
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-03-12 02:34
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'm actually really worried about nagi no asukara. It really looks like anohana done by pa...
  8. totoum
    2013-03-10 08:24
    totoum
    I figured you'd enjoy it!
    Every darn time I hear people ask "Is Hosoda the next Miyazaki?" I go "you've got the wrong ghibli director, if he's a next anything then he's closer to Takahata."
    Though in the end he's just Hosoda anyway.
    Oh and a few animators from PA works did some in between animation for Wolf children, so they had a small part in the making of this film!

Speaking of PA works, what I meant before was that I actually think RDG looks worse visually than Another and they must be putting in all their effort on Okada's original anime.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-03-08 00:38
    Pocari_Sweat
    Finished Wolf Children...

Let's just say I started tearing up when the credits started rolling. Without a doubt, by far Hosoda's best film. Whilst Girl Who Leapt Thru Time and Summer Wars were just pure fun and excellently made, Wolf Children adds sentimental and nostalgia (without the excessive melodramatic bullshit anime tends to do a lot *cough* Anohana/Kokoro Connect*) which I am totally a sucker for. He channeled both Only Yesterday and Usagi Drop and compiled it into one masterpiece. Pretty much an instant 10/10 and favourite. Don't think I've watched an animated movie that moved me as much as this since 5 Centimeters Per Second.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-03-04 01:51
    Pocari_Sweat
    Look like True Tears? No way bro . Looks like Another if it had a budget tho xD.