AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 153
  1. Last Sinner
    2016-07-08 08:56
    Last Sinner
    Orange, ReLife, Amanchu. I've read enough of the manga of all three to know that it would take sheer incompetency to mess up them. The first two look more than fine to me in anime form. Still waiting for the beginning of Amanchu to surface, it had been slated for today.

I guess the one piece of advice I could give about Orange is that Episode 1 may seem...simple. It isn't. And that's all I should really say. Friends I've shown it to thus far are into it. One of my friends who is a hardcore cynic really adores Orange.

ReLife has been released in full - already. It's covered about 80% of the manga done thus far. Again, it may have some sense of 'I've been here before' about it. But I need to say that romance is not the primary objective of ReLife - as is the case in Orange. The fact Arata is an adult now in a 17-year old body gives him a different perspective. This has a significant impact on how things go for everyone. Tropes don't hold in either title for the greater part.

Amanchu is Aria in a more realistic setting but with the Aria-like atmosphere, visual bliss, personality quirks.

I hold out some hope for Danganronpa 3. But it's Seiji Kishi at the helm....and we all know what he's capable of...
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2016-07-08 08:45
    Pocari_Sweat
    Unfortunately, I haven't seen much. At the moment just Planetarian, Tales of Zestraria and ... got coerced into Love Live Sunshine (I don't like this franchise at all lol).
  3. Last Sinner
    2016-07-08 08:38
    Last Sinner
    It came across differently. Apologies. The tone somewhat suggested you were with the Libs.

I'm still a little riled about Julie Bishop referring to South Australia as a phenomenon that are obsessed with Nick Xenophon and that we don't have a clue. I'm sure the Libs are still wondering how South Australia was the only state that didn't swing to them during the Abbott reign.

Seen much of July?
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2016-07-08 08:27
    Pocari_Sweat
    Huh? I don't have a problem.

I'm in the same boat as you.
  5. Last Sinner
    2016-07-08 08:11
    Last Sinner
    What of it? Problem?

That's all you have to say since January?
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2016-07-08 06:50
    Pocari_Sweat
    I can see from your discussion with RRR that you're a lefty in the political sphere. Then again, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of young people are lefties.
  7. Last Sinner
    2016-03-26 09:10
    Last Sinner
    Regarding a comment you made about Orange.

Comparing this to other shoujo manga you listed - I don't think that's an appropriate comparison.

Erased and ReLIFE are far more appropriate since they and Orange all involve people wanting to turn back time/the clock to change something from the past.

Also, Hana Kanazawa confirmed as voicing the MC, Naho.

Try and view this without shoujo romance pre-conceptions. While romance does exist in Orange, there's more important things going on that are the primary purpose for this title.
  8. Last Sinner
    2016-03-17 16:08
    Last Sinner
    Welp - Episode 11 just utterly ruined Erased being one of the titles of the year.

If you haven't read the manga, I sincerely urge you to ASAP.

Time issues and whatever compelled them to do an alternate ending has crippled Erased.

And this is why you don't call AOTY after just one episode.
  9. Last Sinner
    2016-03-10 17:12
    Last Sinner
    I'd say after Episode 10, Erased just lost its grasp on AOTY. But don't worry. I'm sure Orange will be your go-to title in July.
  10. Last Sinner
    2016-02-16 22:22
    Last Sinner
    This here is what you should look out for in July as an AOTY contender.