Mark Forums Read
Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Trouble logging in?
We were forced to invalidate all account passwords. You will have to
reset your password
to login. If you have trouble resetting your password, please
send us a message
with as much helpful information as possible, such as your username and any email addresses you may have used to register. Whatever you do, please
create a new account. That is not the right solution, and it is against our forum rules to own multiple accounts.
Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Well, according to the Liner Notes (again), Big West send them the official names that way after the chapter 4 was released:
- Klein Klan change to Kuran Kuran.
- Mr Birura change to Richard Birla.
btw, why you add 'a' after my nick?
EDIT: If you wanna see it for yourself, you need to create an account and make some (3?) posts to gain access for the section E
lol.... sorry, I guess I was in my "castellano" mindset. It wasnīt intentional.
BTW, where can I find the liner notes? While I have to ask permission to post them here, Iīd really like to take a look at them already for myself. ^^
for the info. I have already sent cheesie a message, but it might take time for her to check it since she is pretty much busy out there
Oh so they finally released official romanizations for all the names? What about Michael/Mikhail? I was wondering which one was the right one for him. I don't think I'll ever be able to call Klan "Kuran"....it just doesn't work for me.
Yeah, that was my point of contention with it, too. ^^ It didnīt feel right... and it looked a bit weird, because the guys who did the subs changed her name suddenly from episode four to episode five.
Thanks for the notice, Natsu. I've edited the post with credits, darkaplatform!
Actually, I've pulled the interview off from the public thread first in case your friend gets in trouble in the forum, since it was under restricted access. Would anyone like to help request for proper permission?
, it'll be great if you could translate our wishes to have access to these notes. I'm pretty sure the GF and SF factions wouldn't mind as well. :P If you need any extra hand, you could PM
, as he's pretty fluent with Spanish as well.
I'm absolutely excited to read what the liner notes said. O_o
Hope we'll get those liner notes, soon. Too bad my spanish really isn't up to par, so I could help out...
In the meantime, I've brought the real ending to the series, thanks to KinA.
Well, I donīt know if I should just, y'know, "fall through the door" like that. I just wrote my introductory post there, and am now looking for some threads where I can contribute something with my opinion, before going all "Oh, and
by the way
Also, if I read this correctly, I need a good more than three posts before Iīd get access to section E.
*edit* Incorrect, three posts are enough.
Darkplataform, should I PM Shaloom directly? They seem to be a good more bit, ah, exclusive than we are over here with their information. I donīt want to upset no one there.
you can try :
*edit* i just saw your posts, man they are horribly redacted...^^
Hey, waddaya want. ^^ Iīve been posting for more than ten years now in English, I havenīt posted on a Spanish board since, uh, never.
being heralded next door for being .. urm .. rational then the rest of us lots here.
Or maybe they just scared you stop posting wanker images
That's more likely, KiNA.
I got permission to translate the liner notes and post them here.
of material, so Iīll keep to the important stuff, if you all donīt mind.
A few things:
- Many interactions between Sheryl, Alto and Ranka were homages to the Macross light novels, written by Ohnogi. The really interesting part? Basically always when that happened, Sheryl was the stand-in for Misa and Ranka for Minmay.
- Altos last name is a homage to Ranma 1/2
- The scene between Monica and Captain Wilder in episode 14 is a homenage to Hirochi Ohnogi and his wife Yuki Kinoshita, who got together in a somewhat similar fashion.
Thereīs more stuff, but as I said, tons of material. I was really surprised how many references to past materials were put into the series, much more than we ourselves realized. More info is coming over the weekend to you. ^^
Oh, and Shaloom, the guy who posted all the liner notes also posted some rumours floating around the Japanese message boards. Very interesting stuff, although one particular rumour is very discouraging.
About the film:
- It wonīt be longer than 90 minutes
- There were plans to make it two films, but due to the economic crisis those plans were put on reconsideration
- Almost all the staff returns for the production, except Ohnogi.
- The movie isnīt directed by Kawamori, but he stays on as executive producer
- There are visual changes, for clothes, decoration and style
- Yoko Kanno is at the moment in Poland, recording the new OST.
About the story:
- There will be generally new plots and a new interpretation of the story
- Will Sheryl win? Will Ranka win? It is a fact that there will be a winner. But they say... that Kawamori insists that the triangle either stay open or that Ranka wins. ( Yeah, that was the bad part of this batch of rumours
- Some chatty Japanese say that there were very severe discussions about the triangle between the staff and that maybe this is the reason that Ohnogi doesnīt participate in the movie.
- There has been a "scene" which was worked on "highly secretively". Only Kawamori and the director Kikuchi have seen the storyboard. What kind of scene will it be? Combat? A concert?
About the characters:
- According to some chatty Japanese people, there will be an enormous fanservice scene of a nude Sheryl.
- We will get to know more about the past of the characters.
- There will be more romantics and more kisses between the couples than we have seen in the series. ( Shaloom supposes Cathy / Ozma and Michael / Klan ).
Okay, these are rumours, so donīt freak out yet. Letīs hope they are not true on the "Ranka has to win" part and that enough angry fans mail Kawamori that he reconsiders.
Also, please try to keep this stuff here in the club. If anybody takes this anywhere, which I do not hope, then, for Gods sake, please attribute this to Shaloom on the Macross Generation forums and include the links. They are very touchy about this over there. We do not want this source to dry up, because some people were behaving like dinks.
So, you finally gain access.... Now you can see how this people really breath macross over there.
*edit* You are gonna put all the translations here or use links to an uploaded folder?
If is the first I think the notes could be more organized in a different thread instead of all here
Iīll translate stuff which I think is interesting and put up a link to the original post, just like I did above.
Thanks for the info.
And, well, if that particularly
rumor turns out to be true, Tak's got a shipmate to go
. 'Nuff said.
Bwuh, I thought Alto's name were more like a joke of his errr... beautiful face and his prettehness
I mean, you know that the kanji "乙女” means
Interestingly I heard about that "Ranka wins" rumor from 2chan too... I'm not really sure about the credibilty of that one. But NOOOOOOO!!! Ohnogi is not returning?!
*pokes Macross staffs to make Ohnogi the director instead of KAwa-ass*
Thank you so much magnuskn!
@KiNA and BetoJR
Me hath no idea how the heck did I got pointed out as "pretending" to like Ranka lol Hey, I never said that I fully like Ranka haven't I? :x
Well, I said if Kawamori really took control he'd have Ranka win. The fact is he favors her clearly. With Ohnogi out of the picture here is his chance to push Ranka. Of course, he is no longer directing but I'm sure he'll be heavily involved with the movie, unlike Ohnogi. The only reason Sheryl got all the attention and development she did was cause of Ohnogi.
But considering how popular Sheryl/Alto is, despite his urge to have Ranka win he might give in to pressure and leave it open. So I definitely think it'll most likely be a triangle end or a Ranka end.
Yeah, yeah, Zalem, keep up the pessimism. <g>
I am re-posting what I wrote today into the movie thread in the general forum, since I got permission from Shaloom to do so. Further liner notes will be posted in the Macross 25 generic thread over the next days.
Some of the stuff that appeared in 2ch are completely fabricated. (There was a time before Episode 25 aired that 2ch posted the second stance of Dokun Dokun, sung by Alto in which he clearly reciprocates, and we later find out this is clearly not the case at all.
) Same goes for other news that didn't fall through, so try not to give too much thought to these 2ch rumors.
Also, please try to keep this stuff here in the club. If anybody takes this anywhere,
That said, I saw this posted in the main AS forums, magnus dear...
You might want to post this at the resources thread, so it won't be buried under the heaps of posts here along the way as you post.
Page 52 of 63
Mark This Discussion Read
Mark This Discussion Read
All times are GMT -5. The time now is
-- AnimeSuki Default
-- AnimeSuki Default (Contacts Highlighted)
-- AnimeSuki Default (Original Navigation)
-- AnimeSuki Compressed
-- AnimeSuki Blue
-- AnimeSuki Blue (Reordered)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.