AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best English Dubs (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6715)

Flawfinder 2011-12-15 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 3899386)
I actually don't think Bosch's voice works for Lelouch at all. The laugh is great but not regular speaking. Lelouch is supposed to have a very refined voice so when they chose the same guy who plays Ichigo, my reaction was "WTF no". lol

Tell that to the Japanese. I think they love his dub voice more than his Japanese one. :heh:

Utsuro no Hako 2011-12-15 07:54

In terms of voice acting, Eden of the East is worth watching just for Juiz and Micchon. The rest of the English cast does a good job, but those two are absolutely perfect for the roles. Unfortunately the translation itself loses most of the political subtext.

tyranuus 2011-12-16 19:23

I don't like most dubs but I did like the Beck and Black Lagoon dubs a lot.
Fmp is also pretty good but having heard both now I give the slight edge to the JP dub

Anime-fan10 2011-12-21 21:05

Like a lot of other people here, I don't like most English dubs. However, I did enjoy a few of them such as: Love Hina, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DragonoBall Z. I think DBZ is the best English dub to ever come out; the voice acting is so good and much better than the original version,

Tori 2011-12-21 21:42

I don't particularly like dubbed anime but if I had to choose the ones that are decent they would be Bleach, Death Note, and Code Geass.

Kyuu 2011-12-21 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 (Post 3912933)
Like a lot of other people here, I don't like most English dubs. However, I did enjoy a few of them such as: Love Hina, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DragonoBall Z. I think DBZ is the best English dub to ever come out; the voice acting is so good and much better than the original version,

Without DBZ English -- we'd never have Over 9000. :D:D And the follow up of Oprah saying "Over 9000 Penises". The LULZ is DBZ English's greatest contribution. :D:cool:

Baccano! in English. I'll refuse to ever watch this one in Japanese. It utterly does not make sense to watch this one in Japanese... because... the series is set in America. On top of that, they threw in the New York accent... to... oh... I dunno... New York based characters.

solomon 2011-12-22 23:29

One thing fans have to do is get away from "so and so doesn't sound like so and so-sama" and more of "does this voice fit the character and is it acted well". And remember, inevitably Jaapanese and Western voices will sound different because there's such a large difference in average sounds of dudes and chicks between the two languages.

I learned that when watching foriegn versions of the Simpsons. Homer sounds WAY different in Latino, but it's funny and captures the spirit of Homer.

Still for me, my favorite dub is still Bebop.