AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Naruto Q&A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41532)

MikoKikyo 2008-09-03 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuujin (Post 1859844)
And failed, considering she still sucks. She got knocked out by a powerup sequence, for God's sake, that might well be a first...

HAHA I know! Wtf? That was painful to watch... It's almost as if she only exists to make other characters look stronger by comparison. Ugh.

I have a language question... Sometimes they say 'shinobi' and sometimes they say 'ninja', and in both cases it gets translated as 'ninja.' What's the difference in meaning/connotation between these words, in the Japanese?

james0246 2008-09-03 17:03

忍の者 is used to describe Shinobi. 忍者 is used to describe ninja. Both are all-encompasing term in the series, but ninja generally refers to men only with くノ一 (Kunoichi) used to describe female ninjas.

OtseisRagnarok 2008-09-04 16:09

Spoiler for plot development:

Rahan 2008-09-04 16:15

@OtseisRagnarok

I suggest you edit your post with spoiler tags since you are spoiling the anime readers.

Spoiler:

CMSensei 2008-09-04 17:02

Okay Question,

Spoiler for Question:

Rahan 2008-09-04 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera (Post 1867172)
Okay Question,

In the subbsitution Jutsu you subbsitute your self with another object,
they mostly subbsitute them selfs with a stick.

Now can they subbsitute anything else?
And am I right?

Yes they can. First bell exam, Kakashi switches position with one of Naruto's clones.

Keroko 2008-09-04 17:20

Which has always made me wonder why they never do that in battle, switch with an enemy as kunai are send flying towards you sounds like a major advantage to me.

Tsuyoshi 2008-09-05 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1867215)
Which has always made me wonder why they never do that in battle, switch wit an enemy as kunai are send flying towards you sounds like a major advantage to me.

Probably because back then, Kakashi was on a whole different level compared to Naruto. Kakashi was an accomplished Jounin, Naruto just became a Genin and wasn't even doing missions. The skill level isn't even worth looking at. Against enemies of similar level, something like that would be pretty easy to see through.

Casshern 2008-09-05 11:40

Besides, for some reason kawarimi is seriously looked down upon. If I remember correct Sakura got laughed at for using kawarimi in the forest of death. It's just one of those jutsu that became obsolete the second they were created, along with the regular bunshin and henge (though henge did come in handy a couple of times in the begining).

MikoKikyo 2008-09-05 12:07

Another question: in the first mission to find Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya come into this hideout in a village near the Sound country. Sakura finds Kabuto and he tells her that she's dragging everyone down, as she was in the chunnin exams.

But then some episodes later it turns out that guy wasn't Kabuto at all, but one of the random guys from the village they had just met the other day. Now how could that guy possibly have known about sakura and the chunnin exam?
Plothole maybe?

Keroko 2008-09-05 12:10

"Kabuto told him"

seems to be the logical option. Though why he would do so... that's the plothole.

Tsuyoshi 2008-09-05 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo (Post 1869463)
Another question: in the first mission to find Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya come into this hideout in a village near the Sound country. Sakura finds Kabuto and he tells her that she's dragging everyone down, as she was in the chunnin exams.

But then some episodes later it turns out that guy wasn't Kabuto at all, but one of the random guys from the village they had just met the other day. Now how could that guy possibly have known about sakura and the chunnin exam?
Plothole maybe?

First off, that was a filler character, so it doesn't count into the actual plot at all. How he knew at all is completely irrelevant. Who knows how he knew. Kabuto or Oro told him to say that because it would strike a chord in Sakura.

MikoKikyo 2008-09-05 19:59

keroko: yes, that's what I thought, either orochimaru or kabuto told him. But that seems like a stretch, to think that orochimaru or kabuto would talk to that guy about sakura's performance as a ninja... Implausible.

Master Mold 2008-09-05 21:21

does the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox have infinite chakra?

james0246 2008-09-05 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JINBEI (Post 1870703)
does the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox have infinite chakra?

To the best of my knowledge, it has not been mentioned in the series (manga or anime) that the Kyuubi has "infinite chakra". Rather, the infinite power source seems to be fictional or mythological in origin.

Master Mold 2008-09-05 21:37

Do you know what chapter it was mentioned?

james0246 2008-09-05 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JINBEI (Post 1870754)
Do you know what chapter it was mentioned?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no chapter saying that the Kyuubi has "infinite chakra". Not much is actually known of the Kyuubi, besides the fact that it is very powerful,
Spoiler for manga:

Master Mold 2008-09-05 22:24

Alright thanks James.

Master Mold 2008-09-14 00:03

Manga
Spoiler:

Tsuyoshi 2008-09-14 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JINBEI (Post 1896807)
Manga
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Oro's powers: