AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past SAO Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Sword Art Online - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116397)

molitar 2012-11-26 23:26

The sprint for the console was a dumb move because it was in plain view of the scientist. She should of kept crouched and semi ran to it in one of the other aisles out of view of the scientist. They must have noticed her pretty quickly sprinting in there peripheral vision as they did not move very fast so must of started moving toward her almost immediately.

That console was quite far away so if she would of snuck closer too it than she would of had time to get logged out. Captivity really seems to have dulled her thinking there.

Chiibi 2012-11-26 23:39

This episode was really good...but those goddamn slugs unleashed my wrath. :frustrated:

DAMN YOU, SLUGS.

Hmm it's supposed to snow here soon. Think I'll go steal a salt truck.....=w=

halibonga 2012-11-27 12:52

so i m sure most of u saw the infamous SAO reaction videos made by DragonisMarch on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DraconisMarch

HAVE to watch all of them lol, was laughing uncontrollably the whole time, this dude is a national treasure, he must REALLY love/hate this show

Dengar 2012-11-27 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher (Post 4452238)
He just said that Asuna could have at least tried to use them. Wings usually exist for a reason.
But it's not like that it would have changed anything if she could fly anyway.

The problem, again, is how could she even TRY to use them if she doesn't know how they work?

Xellos-_^ 2012-11-27 14:10

slightly off topic

if given a choice anyone else want to play as a Tentacle Monster in a VR Game :D

Anh_Minh 2012-11-27 14:11

If they work at all where she is. I don't think they're supposed to work indoors. It's debatable whether the surroundings of her cage count.

Dengar 2012-11-27 14:18

Yeah, but ignoring any "no fly zone" rules. If no one tells Asuna how to fly, how can she fly? Because I can't think of any way to fly without knowing how it works.

Anh_Minh 2012-11-27 14:26

Focus on the muscles of your back and hope for the best. (Including hoping the Nervgear's brain frying on character death function's been disabled...) It's not entirely unintuitive, but it'd have to work where she is when she tries it. And she'd probably crash anyway.

Oroboro 2012-11-27 14:27

Kirito had to open the menu just to enable assisted flight if I remember correctly, and I doubt Asuna can even open hers.

Dengar 2012-11-27 14:29

Not even that, Kirito had to have Aura Yui explain the gesture for the assist controller. And he needed Leefa's explanation for unassisted flight.

Dauerlutscher 2012-11-27 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4453436)
The problem, again, is how could she even TRY to use them if she doesn't know how they work?

The problem (if we can all it that way) was that she has not even tried and not that she could not try. It just never crossed her mind.
It's nitpicking, i know. It just something i find a little irritating, because everyone would have at least tried to use them somehow.
I mean, imagine that you got wings, how likely do you think it would be that you would completely ignore them?

Oroboro 2012-11-27 15:22

If someone like Sugou was the one who gave me wings, I probably wouldn't even bother.

In any case, Asuna's been there for over 2 months already, so who knows what all she has and hasn't tried. (It's not like SAO is any stranger to having stuff happen offscreen. =P)

relentlessflame 2012-11-27 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher (Post 4453477)
The problem (if we can all it that way) was that she has not even tried and not that she could not try. It just never crossed her mind.
It's nitpicking, i know. It just something i find a little irritating, because everyone would have at least tried to use them somehow.
I mean, imagine that you got wings, how likely do you think it would be that you would completely ignore them?

Again, what possible good would flying do her if she's trying not to be seen...? Now is not the time to be like "oh cool, I have wings, I wonder if I can use them?" It's not like she'd blend in to all the other (non-existent) people flying above the world tree...

Dengar 2012-11-27 16:32

Quote:

I'm sorry, I don't really get this argument. How can you even TRY to use them if you haven't the slightest clue how?

Hooves 2012-11-27 16:42

If you try to fly without knowing how. You'll fall, especially not knowing how long you can fly. Even if Asuna knew how to fly somehow, she wouldn't know how long she could fly. Maybe she has unlimited flight which is good, but not knowing how to fly. Or especially how ALO works is like being stuck in a desert with your winter uniform on.

Also, if she did sneak away somehow. How would she escape Sugou's inevitable GM powers? Her best bet was to try to log out, but the timing itself wasn't the best. Or she just wasn't fast enough.

Anh_Minh 2012-11-27 17:07

Quote:

Imagine someone stuck cardboard wings to your back. Would you try them?

Rising Dragon 2012-11-27 17:25

Fun fact: So far every player in this game lack wings when they're not in flight. They only appear when the player wills them to. Asuna's wings remain on her person regardless of what state she's in. It's entirely possible that the wings are just for show or are a part of her current outfit; some games add pointless wing attachments like that.

Hooves 2012-11-27 19:01

The Fairy King has his wings out constantly. So I'm just going to assume Asuna has permanent wing flight limit. Since Sugou thinks he can win her over, and eventually have her tag along with his plans.

Insane 2012-11-27 21:37

The players hide their wings or make them transparent for convenience when not in flight mode. As for why sugou still have his wings on perhaps because he's clueless about how they work in the first place. He may be the Fairy King, the highest-ranking GM, but it' entirely possible that he's just an evil idiot who happens to possess absolute authority in ALO realm with no single clue about how they work in the first place and leave all the headaches to his men.

relentlessflame 2012-11-27 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4453768)
The players hide their wings or make them transparent for convenience when not in flight mode. As for why sugou still have his wings on perhaps because he's clueless about how they work in the first place.

I think it's because he's trying to enjoy the roleplay of being the all-powerful Fairy King (just like he wanted Asuna to play her role as well). I think he doesn't care about "convenience", he cares about looking his part when he's in the game. Other than acting important ("I'm the King!"), I'm not sure if he really cares about ALO "gameplay".