AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Persona 4 (TV) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103307)

ars89 2012-03-09 21:40

Why! Never thought a P4 ep would have me at tears. How can they do that?

Chaos2Frozen 2012-03-09 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 4045398)
Why! Never thought a P4 ep would have me at tears. How can they do that?

By using a little girl... :(

Von Himmel 2012-03-10 01:27

It's been a while so I forget about it..but which of the BGM that is used in this episode is Heaven?

Quote:

By using a little girl...
Nanakoooo ;__;

SilverSyko 2012-03-10 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 4045724)
It's been a while so I forget about it..but which of the BGM that is used in this episode is Heaven?

It's this one. It stands out a bit since it's one of only two dungeon themes in the game with vocals.

Gotta say I still prefer the cutscene of Kunino-sagiri's appearance from the game more, it really gives the feel of a "savior" descending from Heaven:

Spoiler for Video itself doesn't have spoilers but some of the related video links at the end do.:

rpgman1 2012-03-10 01:41

That t-shirt reminds me of Vash the Stampede's motto: "Love & Peace". It's completely ironic for the 'savior'. How did Kunino-sagiri knew about Kohryu?

Jazzrat 2012-03-10 02:08

Episode 22 delivers the drama quite well, eventhough knowing the story beforehand it is still heart wrenching to see the last scene (which i shall not name the spoiler).

Glad to see Tam Lin gets an appearance at last which is one of my favourite early game demon to use especially in the Devil Survivor series. Also Devil Survivor 2 is out for those who still kept their NDS and so far have been lots of fun for me.

thundrakkon 2012-03-10 02:23

It's a little confusing what just happened. Did the psycho guy really try to save Nanako? He mentioned something about the fog, and Nanako's health deteriorated outside the TV world.

So maybe bringing them into the TV world after they have been chosen by Midnight Channel is a way for them to survive? In that they have to conquer themselves in order to become complete. If that is the case, then since Nanako did not complete that task, it is understandable why her health declined.

Also, I am guessing the fog is following Nanako, hence it become greatly foggy in the real world.

bayoab 2012-03-10 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4043499)
It couldn't have been Lucifer anyway considering Lucifer's arcana is Judgement, and Yu can't obtain that arcana before the events that occur this episode.

Game rules do allow fusions into arcanas that don't have an established s-link. Also possible through fusion errors. And Judgment still hasn't been established yet this ep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 4045769)
It's a little confusing what just happened. Did the psycho guy really try to save Nanako? He mentioned something about the fog, and Nanako's health deteriorated outside the TV world.

So maybe bringing them into the TV world after they have been chosen by Midnight Channel is a way for them to survive? In that they have to conquer themselves in order to become complete. If that is the case, then since Nanako did not complete that task, it is understandable why her health declined.

Also, I am guessing the fog is following Nanako, hence it become greatly foggy in the real world.

A lot of what you ask should be explained in future eps. However, the anime never really showed that the fog comes into the real world at a certain point after each dungeon opens up. You see this in game, and it vanishes the same night. Except this time, it hasn't and is worse than ever as was explained this ep.

Dengar 2012-03-10 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzrat (Post 4045758)
Also Devil Survivor 2 is out for those who still kept their NDS and so far have been lots of fun for me.

If you had not mentioned this. I would probably never have known about it.

com_gwp 2012-03-10 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4045856)
If you had not mentioned this. I would probably never have known about it.

The sad thing about some really good JRPGs...they never get the marketing they deserve :(

Episode pretty much covered what was expected. Yep, looking forward to next week with ya'll gamers. ;)

Meltyred 2012-03-10 10:47

Nooo....
Namatame, you retard, speak in coherent sentences and not make those kids confused dammit.
Also Adachi, I am starting to think you are leaking those detail about the case on purpose....

ookamigirl 2012-03-10 11:43

That Taro guy is a total nut job.
Yu getting controlled like that was pretty bad.
Nanako was the only one that brought him back to his senses.
The fights were nice.
Seems like the two worlds are more closer now.
The whole fog thing is kinda weird.

SilverSyko 2012-03-10 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 4045769)

There's actually one thing Teddie said this episode that you should take into consideration:

"Nanako is still small...so her other self (shadow) didn't appear like everyone else..."

This implies that Nanako isn't old enough for her to have a hidden "shadow side" festering in her mind yet, so facing herself would have been impossible from the beginning.

Quote:

Game rules do allow fusions into arcanas that don't have an established s-link. Also possible through fusion errors.
First of all, this is the anime, not the game. It's been shown that Yu can only summon Persona from arcana he has already obtained.

Secondly, Lucifer is the ultimate Judgement Persona, so in the game Yu can't even fuse it until he maxes out the Judgement social link.

rpgman1 2012-03-10 14:29

Persona Yu Narukami have at this point in the anime (up to ep. 22):
Fool: Izanagi
Magician: Jack o' Lantern
Chariot: Ara Mitama
Strength: Rakshasa
Moon: Yamata no Orochi
Priestess: High Pixie
Emperor: King Frost
Lovers: Leanan Sidhe
Temperence: Genbu
Hermit: Arahabaki
Tower: Abaddon
Death: Mot
Devil: Beelzebub
Star: Saturnus
Fortune: Atrophos
Sun: Tam Lin
Hierophant: Kohryu
Justice: Sraosha

Still has a very few Arcana left anyway and I'm not sure how are they going to be presented.

JohnNiles 2012-03-10 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_gwp (Post 4046072)
The sad thing about some really good JRPGs...they never get the marketing they deserve :(

Episode pretty much covered what was expected. Yep, looking forward to next week with ya'll gamers. ;)

Yeah, it wasn't that heavily advertised. I signed up for the email list on the Atlus USA website- that's how I get my reminders. The game's kicking ass!

Persona 4 rerelease for Vita will probably have a higher profile.

ranran 2012-03-10 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgman1 (Post 4046342)
Persona Yu Narukami have at this point in the anime (up to ep. 22):
Fool: Izanagi
Magician: Jack o' Lantern
Chariot: Ara Mitama
Strength: Rakshasa
Moon: Yamata no Orochi
Priestess: High Pixie
Emperor: King Frost
Lovers: Leanan Sidhe
Temperence: Genbu
Hermit: Arahabaki
Tower: Abaddon
Death: Mot
Devil: Beelzebub
Star: Saturnus
Fortune: Atrophos
Sun: Tam Lin
Hierophant: Kohryu
Justice: Sraosha

Still has a very few Arcana left anyway and I'm not sure how are they going to be presented.

Thank you for listing that out, I never play the game so this is really helpful.

Anyway, episode 22 was amazing, great amount of drama. Cant wait to see how things end, but at the same time I don't want this anime to end D8

Divini 2012-03-10 16:41

I... felt that last scene in ep.22 more than in the game.

Definitely because of Yu's reaction (vs a silent protagonist)

Kanon 2012-03-10 16:58

Excellent episode. The ending hit me hard. Out of all the characters they could kill, they chose the most innocent one for maximum impact. And it worked.

com_gwp 2012-03-10 17:46

I realize now we're not going to get any kind of romantic resolution. Disappoint. At least pick one Yu, they're all into you. :(

jeroz 2012-03-10 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_gwp (Post 4046541)
I realize now we're not going to get any kind of romantic resolution. Disappoint. At least pick one Yu, they're all into you. :(

what are you on about?

isn't it obvious in this episode that he picked
Spoiler for hmm: