AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Nanoha - Q&A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=44131)

Liingo 2007-07-01 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darco_emp (Post 1020523)
:heh:, Never throught there is a day the you would speak up for the series

I'm one of those mad denziens of the OC thread.... Of course I would speak for the series.. :heh:

Chaos2Frozen 2007-07-01 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darco_emp (Post 1020521)
I'll leave Chaos or Kha to write a long winded essay on this....

I'll pass on that :heh:

It's just not worth it... The long-winded explaination that is.

Sephi 2007-07-04 03:55

Hi. Forgive me if it's been asked before. But 13 pages was a bit to much to read true.

Does anyone know the following info about the characters?

Caro
Magic typ
Device name

Teana
Magic typ

Rein
Magic typ

Lutecia
Magic typ
Device name
For example:
Subaru
Magic typ is Modern Belka
Device is Mach Caliben
Age 15

Thanks in advance

Chaos2Frozen 2007-07-04 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephi (Post 1025213)
Hi. Forgive me if it's been asked before. But 13 pages was a bit to much to read true.

Does anyone know the following info about the characters?

Caro
Magic typ
Device name

Teana
Magic typ

Rein
Magic typ

Lutecia
Magic typ
Device name
For example:
Subaru
Magic typ is Modern Belka
Device is Mach Caliben
Age 15

Thanks in advance

Caro
Kerykeion
Mid-Childan

Teana
Mid-Childan

Rein
Velka

Lutecia
Velka
Asclepius
unknown

Nemesis 2007-07-10 01:27

How did Erio feel in episode 5 when he found himself in Caro's arms?I cant find a word or phrase to describe it

Keroko 2007-07-10 02:21

Embarrased, I'd say. Or nervous.

Ratler 2007-07-12 15:32

Ok a friend asked me a few questions yesterday and i though they deserved a post so i shall do my best to repeat it.

What powers the TSAB's space ships??
How do the ships use magic like teleportation?
And is the Arc-En-Ciel a Magic spell or a weapon??

sorry if any of this is a repost.

Chaos2Frozen 2007-07-12 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratler (Post 1039232)
Ok a friend asked me a few questions yesterday and i though they deserved a post so i shall do my best to repeat it.

What powers the TSAB's space ships??
How do the ships use magic like teleportation?
And is the Arc-En-Ciel a Magic spell or a weapon??

sorry if any of this is a repost.

There hasn't been any official statement, remember that this show doesn't swing that way. But base on best guess...

1. Whatever powers any other space ships from any other sci-fic series. Except the energy source would most likely be magic.

Think Guilty Gear. Free Energy.

2. The same way as the humans use magic like teleportation, only this time it's via machine.

Think Guilty Gear. The Gears.

3. It's a 'magicial' weapon.

Ratler 2007-07-12 21:17

Thanks Chaos I'll pass that along

Kha 2007-07-15 06:04

Okay, I've watched Epi 12, and I've got a messy notebook of Influent Skills. While I figured out their names, and how they work and are activated, I can't seem to attach the skill to the Number it belongs to. These are the IS I could find:

Heavy Barrel
Silver Curtain
Wide Impulse
Deep Diver

Are there more? And who do these and others belong to? It would also be helpful if someone can help me translate the meaning of the Number's name too... :heh:

Thanks a bunch guys!

LoweGear 2007-07-15 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kha (Post 1043156)
Okay, I've watched Epi 12, and I've got a messy notebook of Influent Skills. While I figured out their names, and how they work and are activated, I can't seem to attach the skill to the Number it belongs to. These are the IS I could find:

Heavy Barrel
Silver Curtain
Wide Impulse
Deep Diver

Are there more? And who do these and others belong to? It would also be helpful if someone can help me translate the meaning of the Number's name too... :heh:

Thanks a bunch guys!

Yosh... connect the dots time! :D

Heavy Barrel - Dieci (Ten)
Silver Curtain - Quattro (Four)
Wide Impulse (I still hear "Ride" though :heh: ) - Tres (Three)
Deep Diver - Sei (Six)

And nope, no other IS for now, might have to wait for tonight to find out :)

Nightengale 2007-07-15 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kha (Post 1043156)

Heavy Barrel
Silver Curtain
Wide Impulse
Deep Diver

Thanks a bunch guys!

That is all of the Influent Skills we know of it for now. The Numbers never really got much limelight after 12.

Wide Impulse - No. III - Tre(s) (( An ~is~ sound behind ))
Silver Curtain - No.IV - Quattro
Deep Diver - No. VI - Sei(n)
Heavy Barrel - No.X - Dieci

And all of the Numbers are named in Italian (( which makes sense since Ferrari is an Italian brand )), and since there's...

Spoiler for episode 15:

Thisguy 2007-07-15 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1043165)
Wide Impulse (I still hear "Ride" though :heh: ) - Tres (Three)

It's officially "Ride Impulse", as seen in one of magazine article... is that how sub translated it? :heh:
Also, it's "Inherent Skill", not Influent Skill.

@Nightengale
Yep, she's Wendy.
Apparently staffs chose to go for more "name"-like sound than strictly following original words on several Numbers, like;
11 being "Wendy"
12 being "Deed" or something.

LoweGear 2007-07-15 07:22

Unfortunately, yes. :heh: Thanks for the correction though :)

Tokkan 2007-07-15 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thisguy (Post 1043196)
@Nightengale
Yep, she's Wendy.
Apparently staffs chose to go for more "name"-like sound than strictly following original words on several Numbers, like;
11 being "Wendy"
12 being "Deed" or something.

I say it's Uendi and Dido. That way they still contain letters from Undici and Dodici.

Thisguy 2007-07-15 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob the Fox (Post 1043208)
I say it's Uendi and Dido. That way they still contain letters from Undici and Dodici.

Hmm, that's a point.
Although I have problem imagining something else than Wendy out of ウェンディ...
But yeah, we don't have official spelling for them yet, unlike other early appeared Numbers.

Kha 2007-07-15 10:12

Thanks a lot guys!

Okay for those who are wondering what I'm up to, here's a snippet:
Spoiler for Hmm...:
:uhoh:

Tokkan 2007-07-16 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thisguy (Post 1043214)
Hmm, that's a point.
Although I have problem imagining something else than Wendy out of ウェンディ...
But yeah, we don't have official spelling for them yet, unlike other early appeared Numbers.

Not sure about Italian, but even though Uendi isn't a real word or name in English, it would be pronounced the same as Wendy when following English phonology.

Edit: I checked, turns out that "Ue" in Italian equates to we or in IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet). is the same as the "We" in "Wendy". Therefore, Uendi is perfectly acceptable for her name.

JagdPanther 2007-07-18 07:09

Okay, I haven't actually started watching any of the Nanoha's yet because they're so far back on my "To Watch" list right now (I have a thing about watching stuff in the order in which it was obtained). But...

I do know a little about the series from others' discussions and I'm not particularly averse to "spoilers."

So, I saw on a topic on another message board some screenies from StrikerS episode 14.

Soooo... My question is...

Spoiler:

Keroko 2007-07-18 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagdPanther (Post 1047952)
Okay, I haven't actually started watching any of the Nanoha's yet because they're so far back on my "To Watch" list right now (I have a thing about watching stuff in the order in which it was obtained). But...

I do know a little about the series from others' discussions and I'm not particularly averse to "spoilers."

So, I saw on a topic on another message board some screenies from StrikerS episode 14.

Soooo... My question is...

Spoiler:

No. StrikerS gives huge amounts of fanservice to the Shoujo Ai lovers, but Nanoha and Fate are close friends. Not a couple.