AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 531 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102529)

Luminion Lancer 2011-03-10 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 (Post 3524537)
Also, he was associated with an armadillo penis.

-Its funny because "penis" means "wang"...no wait, that's not how the joke works is it :heh:?

Slayerx 2011-03-10 01:03

Chapters out...
Ok, i don't think Hanzou is actually dead... the round goes to mifune, but unless his sword and cut souls or something, Hanzou should just regenerate. Though apparently he does not seem to be at all a match for mifune... but ya. this might be more badass if we actually SAW (not just told) hanzou beat the crap out of someone really strong first before mifune came in... Still i feel like mifune hasn't truly made much of case for why anyone should even consider samurai over ninja in the narutoverse...

Shiryuu 2011-03-10 01:12

Pretty easy to guess how Hanzo is gonna be removed from the fight.

ronin myael 2011-03-10 01:50

why are we discussing popularity polls here? geez!!!

so some ninja were originally samurai eh? hanzou fought mifune once a long time ago. if he was such a great samurai (if the samurai were so great), then how come we've never heard of them before the kage summit? is it because they were never meant to be a part of this ninja-dominated world in the first place? what was so impressive about mifune's technique that he was able to defeat hanzou just like that? all he bragged about was his meitou. i know the significance of the katana for the samurai, they think of them as part of themselves. they even believe that their powers are so great that they would give them names. but i'm disappointed that we didn't see some tangible power from that meitou against hanzou. all we saw was one big slash and that's it. in the naruto world of jutsu and chakra i was expecting more from even the samurai than just some great sword.

Luminion Lancer 2011-03-10 02:03

-To be honest, the fighting was just a big giant "Yawnerama". I dunno about you fellas (and ladies), but once you see people spewing fire out of their lungs, making giant C4 replicas and manipulating the gravitational pull, suddenly swordplay vs. scythes ceases to impress.

-The more interesting bit comes from the whole idea that ninjas originated from these samurai. Was the Rikudo Senin therefore a samurai prior to inventing ninshu and were there wars between the samurai? All these facts and more which Kishimoto will swiftly forget and never bother to explore ever again :heh:.

AnbuItachi 2011-03-10 02:06

hanzou disappoints me!

ronin myael 2011-03-10 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto (Post 3524621)
The more interesting bit comes from the whole idea that ninjas originated from these samurai. Was the Rikudo Senin therefore a samurai prior to inventing ninshu and were there wars between the samurai? All these facts and more which Kishimoto will swiftly forget and never bother to explore ever again :heh:.

he tends to forget things that he doesn't really know how he came up with. we'll see though, maybe he will try to find a way to explain that little information.

james0246 2011-03-10 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 3524614)
why are we discussing popularity polls here? geez!!!

Why not? The poll came with the chapter, and this thread is dedicated to the chapters contents, so why shouldn't the poll be discussed?

Quote:

what was so impressive about mifune's technique that he was able to defeat hanzou just like that?

Mifune's attack was not derived from the power of strength, speed or jutsu, but rather a power of "will". Mifune's beliefs and faith (in himself, what he fights for, the future, etc) "shapened" his blade, whereas Hanzou's broken spirit (broken by Pain, and Hanzou's constant failures) dulled his blade.

In the end, it was a battle of "wills", and unlike their previous encounter (where Hanzou won quite handedly), the current Hanzou simply lacked the "will" to win so he was defeated.

Honestly, the battle was straight out of any number of Jidaigeki tales.

Quote:

.n the naruto world of jutsu and chakra i was expecting more from even the samurai than just some great sword.

This was exactly the type of battle I expected from a samurai...which is why I wanted Mifune to fight the Swordsmen or even Kimimaro.

ronin myael 2011-03-10 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3524628)
Why not? The poll came with the chapter, and this thread is dedicated to the chapters contents, so why shouldn't the poll be discussed?

i was being sarcastic james. :p

Quote:

Mifune's attack was not derived from the power of strength, speed or jutsu, but rather a power of "will". Mifune's beliefs and faith (in himself, what he fights for, the future, etc) "shapened" his blade, whereas Hanzou's broken spirit (broken by Pain, and Hanzou's constant failures) dulled his blade.

In the end, it was a battle of "wills", and unlike their previous encounter (where Hanzou won quite handedly), the current Hanzou simply lacked the "will" to win so he was defeated.

Honestly, the battle was straight out of any number of Jidaigeki tales.

This was exactly the type of battle I expected from a samurai...which is why I wanted Mifune to fight the Swordsmen or even Kimimaro
sorry but it was way too cheesy. if it was simply a sword battle i would expect some basic kendo techniques at least, more choreographed sword play or even a specialized sword style in the tradition of rurouni kenshin sword fights. but it was nothing more about wills? that chapter didn't feel like a solid fight to me, rather a "filler" chapter to fill the gaps of this war.

j0x 2011-03-10 02:29

nice to see Deidara is still talked by fans

james0246 2011-03-10 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 3524634)
sorry but it was way too cheesy. if it was simply a sword battle i would expect some basic kendo techniques at least, more choreographed sword play or even a specialized sword style in the tradition of rurouni kenshin sword fights. but it was nothing more about wills? that chapter didn't feel like a solid fight to me, rather a "filler" chapter to fill the gaps of this war.

I never claimed it wasn't filler. Kishimoto managed to haphazardly shove in several dozen samurai/swordsmen cliches into one chapter. Added to that, the characters were ill-defined, and the fights set-up was lackluster. Yes, this was a filler exchange (and if Hanzou "survives", it will continue to be filler).

ronin myael 2011-03-10 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3524641)
I never claimed it wasn't filler. Kishimoto managed to haphazardly shove in several dozen samurai/swordsmen cliches into one chapter. Added to that, the characters were ill-defined, and the fights set-up was lackluster. Yes, this was a filler exchange (and if Hanzou "survives", it will continue to be filler).

but it shouldn't be after it was revealed that the ninja were once samurai. if that's true then the samurai should be fairly important, they are part of the ninja history, after all. but they're not being treated as such. how are they related to the rikudou sennin? why did their numbers lessen over the years? and how come we've never heard of them before the kage summit?

KiNA 2011-03-10 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto (Post 3524621)
-To be honest, the fighting was just a big giant "Yawnerama". I dunno about you fellas (and ladies), but once you see people spewing fire out of their lungs, making giant C4 replicas and manipulating the gravitational pull, suddenly swordplay vs. scythes ceases to impress.

Just you wait... Naruto and Sasuke gonna make a planet size Rasengan and Chidori!

While talking bullshit for 10 chapters!

Kafriel 2011-03-10 02:51

Alright, so Mifune knows iaido and can stop Hanzou's seals...can't ninjas already do that with their kunai? Especially the sharingan'd ones :P So, Mifune ends up being another "nobody", just some guy Hanzou had defeated in the past who wants to come out winning because he believes in his ideals. As far as I'm concerned, that's a very weak plot device to turn the tables, it doesn't even make sense.

Nobodyman9 2011-03-10 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 3524644)
but it shouldn't be after it was revealed that the ninja were once samurai. if that's true then the samurai should be fairly important, they are part of the ninja history, after all. but they're not being treated as such. how are they related to the rikudou sennin? why did their numbers lessen over the years? and how come we've never heard of them before the kage summit?

There's no need to rack your brain over it.

Kishi can't write for beans. Accept it and move on.

Alchemist007 2011-03-10 02:53

I think the point was, Hanzou is old news that doesn't really matter. But we got to see Pein briefly.

ronin myael 2011-03-10 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 (Post 3524650)

Kishi can't write for beans. Accept it and move on.

i was just pointing out the "holes" in this whole ninja-came-from-samurai angle. it's not like i expect answers. but if he does answer them then good. we'll see how his answers fit into the story.

Tsuyoshi 2011-03-10 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 3524653)
i was just pointing out the "holes" in this whole ninja-came-from-samurai angle. it's not like i expect answers. but if he does answer them then good. we'll see how his answers fit into the story.

I would say it's like what Alchemist007 said, that the point of it was to show Hanzou is history in the Naruverse more than anything else. Besides, I don't think there's any reason to really ponder on how Ninja came from Samurai. It's quite possible in the naruverse anyways. For instance, we've seen Samurai use chakra swords. Sasuke used something similar and added Raiton to the chakra sword. Samurai are also users of Chakra, so it's quite likely that a lot of core techniques used by Ninja were derived from Samurai. Even irl, there are ninjutsu martial arts that use Samurai arts (Bujinkan Budo), so who'se to say Kishi didn't take that as a sort of inspiration? How the Samurai are related to the Ninja, perhaps the Rikkudo Sennin used to be a Samurai but was the first to discover new ways to use chakra and created ninjutsu as we know it in the Naruverse.

I doubt any of this is important but I'm just throwing it out there to show there's plenty of possibilities that are really irrelevant at this stage.

KiNA 2011-03-10 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 3524653)

He thinks Kishi can't write for beans. Accept it and move on.

And he knows it so good because he is an "author" as well - with a title that runs for more then 10 years already :rolleyes:. There is only 1 way to correctly write a story, and that is his way. Everybody should have used his idea on how to write a story. Because he is an "author".

:rolleyes:

One must wonder why he even bothers to read Naruto anymore if he thinks Kishi sucks so bad. I stopped reading Bleach after I find it going so ridiculous and no longer enjoyable. I dont go ranting how shitty or how incapable KT to write incoherent story days after days in Bleach forum.

Nobodyman9 2011-03-10 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiNA (Post 3524701)

He thinks Kishi can't write for beans. Accept it and move on.

And he knows it so good because he is an "author" as well - with a title that runs for more then 10 years already :rolleyes:. There is only 1 way to correctly write a story, and that is his way. Everybody should have used his idea on how to write a story. Because he is an "author".

Ha ha, yes. I absolutely said every single one of these things and you're NOT putting completely fictitious words in my mouth.

Of course, I know that Kishi can't write for beans not because I'm an author (really though, what is an author?) but because I have a functioning brain.

Quote:

:rolleyes:

One must wonder why he even bothers to read Naruto anymore if he thinks Kishi sucks so bad. I stopped reading Bleach after I find it going so ridiculous and no longer enjoyable. I dont go ranting how shitty or how incapable KT to write incoherent story days after days in Bleach forum.
Jeez, you're right man. How dare I say that something is bad? Oh yeah, and I'm just ranting up a storm up there. I wasn't originally going to add the "for beans," but I was feeling frisky today.