AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Yozakura Quartet (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64238)

AngelsThesis 2008-09-21 09:39

@Shiroi cool~

what mag was that from?

Shiroi Hane 2008-09-22 17:40

August Newtype
http://lh5.ggpht.com/shirobane/SMsmY...4/DSC05244.JPG

aroduc 2008-10-02 22:05

OP/ED

Aside from the rambling and terrible exposition at the start, pretty well done. Really did make me think of a much more solidly produced Rental Magica with actual villains and maybe a plot.

Caps and whatnot. Blerg blerg.

Sterling01 2008-10-02 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroduc (Post 1956526)
Aside from the rambling and terrible exposition at the start, pretty well done. Really did make me think of a much more solidly produced Rental Magica with actual villains and maybe a plot.

Are you sure it's not just because of that comment...

aroduc 2008-10-02 22:26

Not sure in the slightest.

:shifty eyes:

kaosmos 2008-10-02 23:45

it has miyuki sawshiro in it,nuff said.

*go watch miyuki shouting:tatatatatatatata! for the tenth time in a row*

but seriously:i found that one to be a nice surprise,didn't even know the title so i wasn't expecting much of this one.
at the first second of the op i was like "another romance anime..?" then..nekomimi :confused: ...and then a spear..i was like... "ok,count me in" :heh:

Mgz 2008-10-03 02:22

does it have the same character design guy with Eureka 7 ?

i watch the 1st eps raw and i am not impressed :-/, is that tiny thing even a spear,lol ???

the music is quite nice tho, <3 savage genius

BluWacky 2008-10-03 02:26

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Stupid, stupid TBS and their stupid stupid 4:3 broadcasts - they could at least just letterbox the damn thing rather than making it nearly unwatchable due to screwing up all the scene composition. Can anyone remind me of the schedule for how long it takes until the widescreen broadcasts start? Do I have to wait three weeks for the BS-i broadcast?

asjk 2008-10-03 05:15

I've just preordered yozakura quartet #3 from amazon http://webtrendsml2.com/stubby/img/6...9d7b701668.gif not shipping till Nov 25th.. how am I supposed to wait that long? :)

Matrim 2008-10-03 07:13

The premise seems generic but the character designs really appeal to me and I trust the director to improve things later on.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2008-10-03 10:29

While i have to agree that this anime indeed gives off rental magica vibes, i would like to add that this anime has a better first impression than rental magica in terms of character. I don't know why ANN said that Akina is an "ordinary, powerless boy", because
Spoiler:

And for some reason, i couldn't help but be reminded of Kana from MInami-ke whenever Hime appears:heh:

Kaoru Chujo 2008-10-03 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrim (Post 1957504)
The premise seems generic but the character designs really appeal to me and I trust the director to improve things later on.

I agree about the character designs. There is something quite attractive about them. The presence of stupid criminal youkai is a real stumbling block for me, and the first story was pretty generic, but I'm glad you reminded me it was Kou Matsuo, so there is hope.

And Miyukichi (Sawashiro Miyuki - see avatar, sig, and blog post) really shows her stuff, when she gets the chance. I thought Fukuen Misato was good as Hime, too, as she was as Miyafuji in Strike Witches.

BluWacky: The BS-i broadcast of episode one is on October 23, so three weeks it is.

Mgz: The character designer/animation director is Kikuchi Satonobu, and this is the first time he has done character design or been animation director for an entire show. He was involved in Eureka 7, but just for the mecha in episode 40, according to ANN. He also directed animation for episodes of Rozen Maiden, sola, and other shows.

Series composition (i.e., lead writer) is Hanada Jukki, who did Rozen Maiden, sola, Idolmaster Xenoglossia, and H2O. That's two good shows and two train wrecks, in my opinion, so I'm not sure whether to expect things to get more interesting or not. The way they planned the roll-out of characters and their abilities in ep1 was pretty good, however, I thought.

Matrim 2008-10-03 13:40

Quote:

And Miyukichi (Sawashiro Miyuki - see avatar, sig, and blog post) really shows her stuff, when she gets the chance.
Not to mention she seems to be the absolute favourite seiyuu of the director since she voices one of the leads in each of his series. So I would say she does get plenty of chances from Kou Matsuo which should mean something considering he certainly manages to get everything and little bit more from the seiyuu he is working with. Exemplified by Tanaka Rie's Suigintou but obvious in his other works too. I just hope Yozakura will be dramatic enough for this factor to be able to shine..though I guess "ta-ta-ta-ta-ta" was telling enough. ;)

expo25kr 2008-10-03 16:23

I liked the style of the anime and I have to say Yozakura...you're my hero :D

Managed to make some speed subs for people that would like to watch it. Please refer to my blog.

AngelsThesis 2008-10-03 19:33

love the art of the OP/ED they definately kept it as close as possible to Suzuhito's style

hell i could even say the ED could be done by Suzuhito himself x3

Mei 2008-10-04 07:59

I was anticipating this series a teeny bit and actually felt a little bit dissapointed when it finished. It just seemed so mediocre and generic. I enjoyed the OP though ^^.

Deathkillz 2008-10-05 06:43

Maybe it's because I didn't have much thought on this series but I came out of the first episode fairly impressed.

ep 1
Spoiler:

Sin Ansem 2008-10-05 11:58

Wait wait wait

Why does the ED remind me of Gurren Lagann OP?

abarnes 2008-10-05 19:52

Eh, I wanted to sub this series, but my TL ducked out on me...great fun. So I've yet to see it.

Sin Ansem 2008-10-06 22:03

^FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Kick his ass or something

Also, it looks like most other groups are avoiding it because I'm seeing nearly every raw tagged with "this raw sucks". :/