AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [PSV] Persona 4 the Golden (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106612)

Elvin 2011-09-04 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl (Post 3754250)
I dunno, P4 was a very well-wrapped up game. I can't think of anything they could add that would make me want to buy it again. New character? The old cast is complete.

Why settle for perfect when you can have perfect + 1

FlareKnight 2011-09-04 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl (Post 3754250)
I dunno, P4 was a very well-wrapped up game. I can't think of anything they could add that would make me want to buy it again. New character? The old cast is complete.

Think they can tweak it a bit to just make it a little bit better. Doesn't sound like they are going too far and just making slight improvements to an already great game. Having it portable is nice by itself, more voiced content, some more scenes, more animated scenes, and a new character. Nothing wrong with the old cast, but if Marie is a good character it just adds to them. Though personally just being able to lay back and play this game while not having to pull out the old PS2 is nice.

Accelolita_ 2011-09-04 06:19

Mhm, you can see the change of costumes now, right?
Damn, I hope Atlus gives us the crossdressing costumes for the guys :p

Malkuth 2011-09-04 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelolita_ (Post 3754515)

:confused: Words are not enough to comment on that... +REP ;)

Von Himmel 2011-09-04 06:27

Oh oh! I want my crossdresssing Teddy ! :D

Shiroth 2011-09-04 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 3754521)
Oh oh! I want my crossdresssing Teddy ! :D

You mean Alice, right? :p

FlareKnight 2011-09-04 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3754584)
You mean Alice, right? :p

Haha the overwhelming champion of crossdressing :).

Aoi Toori 2011-09-07 09:32

first of all, "whhhyyy vita?!" but oh well :P

I knew it one day atlus will make P4 for portable and now it's finally appear! new anime scene! more voice acting! new chara! here we go! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelolita_ (Post 3754515)

yep I always want marilyn 'kanji' monroe in my party :D

RRW 2011-09-07 11:17

screen

http://www.andriasang.com/e/gallerie...olden_screens/

it seem they update texture and shadow

SilverSyko 2011-09-07 11:46

Hm, pretty impressive how a hand-held can churn out prettier visuals than the PS2 version of the game. The sunbeams were probably the most notable aspect to me.~

I guess that's the new beach area in the screenshot with Yu catching the octopus eh? I wonder if that developed shopping area is an accessible area now too at all times rather than just in social links...maybe so since it seems there's a new store in the game, which I'm guessing is for costumes.

Lastly, I guess Marie is a student at the school as well. What her actual role is still remains to be seen though.

com_gwp 2011-09-08 02:58

DAT FUSION SCREEN. Does this mean we'll finally get to choose the inherited skills? :D

Also liking the updated environment textures, only complain is the simple character models that remain since the p3 era

Von Himmel 2011-09-08 06:02

http://www.andriasang.com/e/gallerie...ns/2132460320/ < is this where the party member can change their costume for battle ?

Malkuth 2011-09-08 19:29

Why the Vita hate? What did you expect a remake on PS3 :confused:

And don't be so surprised about handhelds and phones having better graphics than PS2, even university professors can teach these days how to design PS2-generation processors, or at least I had a couple that managed to do it like professionals :heh:

SoulofSomfing 2011-09-09 02:52

well i dont realli hate it on the vita cause it has better hardware. But i just want it to also b on the normal psp too.

Shiroth 2011-09-17 09:12

Who's with me in hoping this might be a mini game? :heh:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4470/fullgb.th.jpg

SilverSyko 2011-09-20 04:03

Figured I'd bring this to attention, the official site for P4G has gone live: http://p-atlus.jp/p4g/

Not a whole lot that's interesting yet though apart from a bio of Marie (Which could use a translation. ;)), and some awesome new artwork of all the party members.

Shiroth 2011-09-20 04:40

I'm certainly loving those new designs for the character page, especially Naoto and Rise. Can't wait for the future Persona 4 the Golden artbook.

k//eternal 2011-09-21 03:52

The new art is excellent indeed, wish it was reflected in-game.

I'm hoping this has dual audio, considering how much more space they should have what with this being on Vita and not the regular PSP. Definitely will buy it if it does, probably not otherwise.

fertygo 2011-09-21 04:05

Dual Audio option is a bit hopeful, big chance its wouldn't happen.. I have no problem with it tho, I'm just disliking Yukiko's voice in the dub.. Hopefully the anime won't change my opinion :p

Btw, its just me that can't open the webpage?
Its so damn heavy.

Shiroth 2011-09-21 04:37

There's a chance we could see dual audio, though i'm not getting my hopes up. Either way i'll end up playing, because i won't let a dub destroy the experience. Especially when i've replayed P4 a few times already with the same dub.

fertygo 2011-09-21 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3774467)
There's a chance we could see dual audio, though i'm not getting my hopes up. Either way i'll end up playing, because i won't let a dub destroy the experience. Especially when i've replayed P4 a few times already with the same dub.

Same here. And actually the dub is very solid (Especially for the male roles, Goddamn I love Yosuke and Daichi's voice)

Dist 2011-09-21 05:56

^Or you could just use homebrew to play on undub. If there's issues like morality or w/e, buy the game and then dl it with audio changed to the original. I played P3 with JP audio w/ eng subs.. the dub was awful.

Dual audio is unlikely.. If only the game was released by NIS America, then there would be one :(. Gotta love that company for realizing that we want dual audio in our JRPG's.

fertygo 2011-09-21 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3774496)
^Or you could just use homebrew to play on undub. If there's issues like morality or w/e, buy the game and then dl it with audio changed to the original. I played P3 with JP audio w/ eng subs.. the dub was awful.

Dual audio is unlikely.. If only the game was released by NIS America, then there would be one :(. Gotta love that company for realizing that we want dual audio in our JRPG's.

Well we still dunno if Vita can use homebrew, I'll buy this game no matter what if I get Vita, I don't really mind with the dub.

P4 is awhole on another level than P3's dub btw, P3 dub is a wack job. Although people with mindset like you will raging so hard when hearing Chie's voice on first time :heh: (its grew on me tho, Yukiko's another topic)

And the lolis actually doesn't sound bad. :p

EmagEvil 2011-09-21 08:59

I played the dub and undub, it's a better work than with P3...

... But personally i prefer to hear the original voices; like i always watch original version movies with subtitles...

Malkuth 2011-09-23 01:31

Quote:

My approach too with PS2, unfortunately won't work for PS3, dunno about PSP and Vita, only recently bought the first, and after getting mortified by P3P, picked up Disgaea and some fighting games.

Anyway, dual audio would be great, but unlikely considering that very few companies make executive decisions based on their target audience, rather play safe by the book, meaning risk expansion instead of solidifying market hold.

FlareKnight 2011-09-23 01:47

Normally I'd probably go right with the Japanese voices if a dual audio was available, but after beating the game 3 times or so don't think I'd change from the English cast. Think just listening to the anime is going to throw me off for a few episodes just for the different voices. Besides Chie early on (she actually turned out fine later in the game) the voice work was pretty good for the dub so I'm not going to worry about it either way.

Tong 2011-09-23 11:23

You guys are crazy, the english Dub is more than excellent...
I also really appreciated Disgaea 4 US Dub.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-09-23 11:40

It's the same for the Japanese gamers as well when they play a game from the western community, they would rather the original English voice than the Japanese dubs.

It's just a more authentic experience, playing the game the way it was meant to be.

Tong 2011-09-23 12:19

I guess it's their job ,voice actors, to provide us with such experience in any language.
But sometimes it doesnt work because of some cultural differences. In Persona's case, the whole "-san, -senpai, -kun, -chan" thing doesnt fit well for americans since such sufixes are unique to JP.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-09-23 14:56

Quote:

I found the dub for Persona 3 perfectly fine. I think people need to visit Audio Atrocities to hear what a truly awful video game dub job sounds like. Just listen to any of the Sega ones.

k//eternal 2011-09-23 16:44

Of course there's a lot worse dubbing out there, it's just that Persona games are quite long and involved and include a lot of voiced material.

If you enjoy the dub, good on you, just remember that not everyone does and inclusion of both voices makes everyone happy.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-09-23 21:16

To clarify my position; I'm glad that they leave the sufixes like "sempai" and "San" and "Chan" etc and kept alot of the distinct Japanese Culture/Words in the story, but at the same time you can't help but feel weird hearing it being used in perfect English :heh:

Malkuth 2011-09-23 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tong (Post 3777307)
You guys are crazy, the english Dub is more than excellent...
I also really appreciated Disgaea 4 US Dub.

For americans, probably... not even english-speaking countries :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tong (Post 3777350)
I guess it's their job ,voice actors, to provide us with such experience in any language.
But sometimes it doesnt work because of some cultural differences. In Persona's case, the whole "-san, -senpai, -kun, -chan" thing doesnt fit well for americans since such sufixes are unique to JP.

You realize that you play a japanese game, butchered for americans... not to mention the 90% of mankind that has to cope with either the original language or something based on it ;)

Duo Maxwell 2011-09-23 22:13

I prefer everything in its original language. Some Japanese dialogues just don't work in English and vice versa. All I want is for them to give me an option to choose.

....Heck, I wouldn't bother if I finished my Japanese course. 1 and a half year still isn't enough to play a simple RPG.

fertygo 2011-09-24 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3777898)
I prefer everything in its original language. Some Japanese dialogues just don't work in English and vice versa. All I want is for them to give me an option to choose.

Well its still better than nothing even if there's no option.

Quote:

....Heck, I wouldn't bother if I finished my Japanese course. 1 and a half year still isn't enough to play a simple RPG.
Urgh, there goes my motivation to learn. :(

I really want to learn some japanese, even if its only help me reading inventory and not lost in the game, its fine. :mad:

Kyero Fox 2011-09-24 06:56

Yea! why bother dubbing a japanese game into the english monkey talk? Japanese language sounds so much cooler, even transform! sounds cooler in japanese.................:rolleyes:

Kazu 2011-09-24 07:46

well i like to listen to both, but yes there are somethings in english that wont work in japanese and vice versa, although some japanese made characters i cant even imagine in japanese, like the resident evil characters or dmc characters, when i listened to wesker and dante in japanese, they didnt have that same flair

Natsuki Hyuga 2011-09-24 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3778291)
Yea! why bother dubbing a japanese game into the english monkey talk? Japanese language sounds so much cooler, even transform! sounds cooler in japanese.................:rolleyes:

Just like a lot of people said, there are instances that a game sounds better (or rather, sounds right) if it is voiced in its original language. Persona is categorized under that even though I do love the dubs (particularly, Rise's. Mission Control with KugiRie's high pitch for 500x battles = DO NOT WANT. :(). I don't think many in this thread who wants the original Japanese voices to be preserved really think "OMG JAPANESE IS SUPERIOR TO ENGLISH, LIKE, 10000000x. ENGLESH DUB FAIL", but rather have the belief that dub (not only JP->Eng, but every dubs available) sounds... Weird, alien and just cannot fully convey the original in its full form. Or so I hope.

Alas, P4 has a great dub, which is why we have two opposing sides here :p

As for P4G, I have no doubt if Atlus USA localize it, they will dub it. It's just their policy and belief, after all, that if you localize something, you better give all out good localization (i.e: no moonspeak). The suffixes (-san, etc) aside, for whatever reasons lol :heh: Not really a big problem for me though, considering I usually just shoot for the Japanese release first for JRPG. :p

Tong 2011-09-24 10:17

That's true, Devil May Cry is a Japanese "americanizated" game.

That's why I think Dante and the whole cast sounds natural in english.
inb4 fill soul with liiiiiiiiight.

Kyero Fox 2011-09-24 13:28

Anyone have japanese master chief? :heh: or japanese mario? XD it ALL DEPENDS on the character and game :P

the new DMC's dante voice acter fits his look pretty good.