AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Rose Guns Days (07th Expansion) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110037)

legomaple 2012-02-12 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDZ (Post 4001016)
This story takes place in an entirely different universe, so that's unlikely.

Aren't the fragments bassically other universes?:P Nah, just kidding.

Tamekichi 2012-02-13 12:35

Is anyone or any group planning on translating this when it comes out?

Yirba 2012-02-13 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamekichi (Post 4003892)
Is anyone or any group planning on translating this when it comes out?

I think the translation groups are interested, but don't expect an announcement until at least we know more details about the game. :p

Tamekichi 2012-02-13 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yirba (Post 4003911)
I think the translation groups are interested, but don't expect an announcement until at least we know more details about the game. :p

Which translation groups would that be, Witch Hunt and Ronove?

Yirba 2012-02-13 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamekichi (Post 4003925)
Which translation groups would that be, Witch Hunt and Ronove?

I don't know about Witch Hunt, but we in the Higanbana translation group haven't discussed the possibility. There may be other groups who want to translate Rose Guns Days, so it's hard to say how things will work out.

Klashikari 2012-02-13 13:01

Better to have more info, and potential a first playthrough before we can announce anything. It also depends how busy we will be when RGD will be released.

Yirba 2012-02-13 13:09

Yeah, for instance, we don't even know if Rose Guns Days even uses NScripter. In the unlikely case that 07th Expansion uses a different engine, it may be difficult to get at the scripts, etc.

Given the fact that we know next to no info about the story, it's hard to say whether translators would be interested enough by it to want to translate it.

I'm sure it'll get a translation. But who will be doing the translation probably wouldn't be decided until close to, or even after the game's release.

Snow_Storm 2012-02-13 13:14

DIdn't he JUST came out with a visual novel not too long ago?

I really wanna see how he'll tackle the American style Film Noir in terms of visual novels.

Yirba 2012-02-13 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow_Storm (Post 4003959)
DIdn't he JUST came out with a visual novel not too long ago?

I really wanna see how he'll tackle the American style Film Noir in terms of visual novels.

Well, Higanbana: The Second Night was released in December…

It's really just conjecture as to whether it's really a 'film noire' style, but it should be interesting nonetheless.

RandomAvatarFan 2012-02-14 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yirba (Post 4004045)
Well, Higanbana: The Second Night was released in December…

It's really just conjecture as to whether it's really a 'film noire' style, but it should be interesting nonetheless.

1) That's why I got confused; I thought there was going to be more after the Second Night.

2) It really looks that way at first glance with the costumes, but you know what genre also have guys in fedoras and girls in gowns? American westerns

I have a feeling with the "novel game" instead of "sound novel" if the amount of interaction will be greater. "Looking for a bodyguard"... I bet the game play will be like that of a dating sim :heh:

Yirba 2012-02-14 21:13

The Second Night marks the end of Higanbana (for now, anyway).

Yeah, I do think there'll be more interactivity, but I doubt it'd be much like a dating sim.

RandomAvatarFan 2012-02-14 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yirba (Post 4006316)
The Second Night marks the end of Higanbana (for now, anyway).

Yeah, I do think there'll be more interactivity, but I doubt it'd be much like a dating sim.

Well, not storyline, but gameplay. I'm imagining it to be more like the mainstream games where the player has different "paths", one for each "bodyguard" maybe?

Well, until the 26th or it actually comes out, we won't know. It's only two weeks away... why does it feel like an eternity?

Yirba 2012-02-15 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan (Post 4006364)
Well, not storyline, but gameplay. I'm imagining it to be more like the mainstream games where the player has different "paths", one for each "bodyguard" maybe?

Well, until the 26th or it actually comes out, we won't know. It's only two weeks away... why does it feel like an eternity?

I think the gameplay would be more like a regular visual novel with a branching story, than a dating sim which tend to be more about tracking statistics.

Anyway, Ryuukishi07 has made a new post on his blog. Seems to be mostly about the upcoming 07th Expansion Party, but he does talk about Rose Guns Days a bit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuukishi07 on his blog [570]
ローズガンズはガンガン執筆中です。
とりあえず、やっと5万字ってところかな?
早いペースでどんどん書いて、余裕を持って完成できたら素敵だな!
たまには、夏前に体験版を公開! とかやってみたいです。

My Japanese is rubbish, but it seems that Ryuukishi07 has written 50,000 characters and is hoping to release a trial version of the game before Summer.

Snow_Storm 2012-02-16 00:19

By "characters", I hope he meant words.

Yirba 2012-02-16 12:22

Yeah, 50,000 kanji/kana/whatever characters. :p

RedKey 2012-02-16 12:53

Making 50,000 actual story characters? Wouldn't put it past Ryukishi.

It's Friday! New characters:

They look... well-endowed, indeed. :uhoh:

immblueversion 2012-02-17 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedKey (Post 4009253)
They look... well-endowed, indeed. :uhoh:

Oh lord, imagine if DEEN got their hands on them...

~Ayane~ 2012-02-17 11:59

Why does almost no one have eyes so far? :uhoh:

Yirba 2012-02-17 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 4010951)
Oh lord, imagine if DEEN got their hands on them...

Heh, they still need to finish off Umineko and hopefully adapt Higanbana… :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ (Post 4011043)
Why does almost no one have eyes so far? :uhoh:

This isn't the final artwork. Ryuukishi07 will probably draw the characters properly closer to when he's finished writing the story.

RandomAvatarFan 2012-02-18 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yirba (Post 4011342)
Heh, they still need to finish off Umineko and hopefully adapt Higanbana… :p

I'm on the fence on this. If DEEN does any more of Ryukishi's works, they better do it correctly (or if they do any other adaption of anything for that matter) and give it love.

Quote:

This isn't the final artwork. Ryuukishi07 will probably draw the characters properly closer to when he's finished writing the story.
Plus we've only seen a few out of the 50,000 characters. :P Hmm... actually wasn't Higurashi's main cast seven characters?

But even with the coloring, you can see that they aren't finished and shading still needs to be done. And gosh darn it, it looks pretty!

Except that girl on the right there... she's the culprit!

Gotta say though... I love that he's giving the female cast those long flowing gowns we all loved from Umineko! He should start his own fashion line!