AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Divine Gate (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=140498)

kuromitsu 2016-01-09 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi (Post 5750161)
Wow. Dialogs in this show are masterpiece. Person who has written them is a genius. A new Leo Tolstoy.

:uhoh:

What, you don't appreciate the poetry of "you can only eat food as cold as your heart"? :heh: (That's right up there with "Boobs are soft, not hard like this cockpit!")

Chosen_Hero 2016-01-09 19:02

Oh god please don't tell me that this emo asshole is the MC and then there's all of the pretentious dialogue, it made me almost kick a puppy, i'll give till episode 3 if it's still the same by then I'm dropping this.

P.S. The second even the dog was treating him like crap I almost stopped the anime and moved on to the next, next thing they'll show us how when he was a baby they just ignored him and let him cry.:uhoh:

carmolita 2016-01-09 19:13

I actually enjoyed this episode, and can't wait for the next one to see where the series goes. I hope it doesn't disappoint. I liked that the main character is emotionally wounded, but not weak and can hold his own in a battle. It's a change from the already over powered MC who saves and wants to be friends with everyone he knows and sees

shmaster 2016-01-09 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairy Water (Post 5749947)
2/ There is already a genki sporty girl, to be short the wind girl. From what I saw in ep 1, it seems she makes a nice duo with fire boy already. :heh: Only two options left, cheerful girl or quite girl.
Imo Aoto might not have feelings for any girl or they all stay as BFF :eyespin:
Or maybe he needs the warm from his fire partner? :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzen12 (Post 5749968)
2)Yes, she makes nice duo with fire boy... but unfortunately he is not protagonist. If they ended together it would be nice twist.

I wonder how the two of you is going to feel after Dorothy shows up.:rolleyes:

PreSage 2016-01-09 21:04

Aoto seems to have an interesting but tragic story. Although I do wonder about him killing his parents. It looked like they were killed and then the who place was set ablaze. Given his ability is water, why would he use fire? :heh: And I may have missed it but I don't recall seeing the younger brother's body?

I don't mind the angsty MC; it's refreshing from the happy-go-lucky MCs like fire boy.

bakato 2016-01-09 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreSage (Post 5750401)
Aoto seems to have an interesting but tragic story. Although I do wonder about him killing his parents. It looked like they were killed and then the who place was set ablaze. Given his ability is water, why would he use fire? :heh: And I may have missed it but I don't recall seeing the younger brother's body?

I don't mind the angsty MC; it's refreshing from the happy-go-lucky MCs like fire boy.

The brother probably did it. Future antagonist.

This thing feels like Devil Survivor 2 complete with a confident Yamato Hotsuin.

Master_Yoma 2016-01-09 22:21

Well Aoto is something taking that guy in one hit but that backstory just made his life horrible leaving his food on the ground and in the rain

Wandering Soul 2016-01-09 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreSage (Post 5750401)

I'm guessing it was actually the little brother that did it. Aoto probably just claims he did it out of some sort guilt.

IceHism 2016-01-10 06:57

Holy shit this show needs to lay off the sililoquys and metaphors cause it obviously can't pull it off. Also I don't find this chuu2 at all. Man, dies irae can't come any sooner.

Wind girl is qt. I'll watch for her.

Tranhieu 2016-01-10 11:33

This whole metaphor thing is weird as hell. I mean, well I haven't read much Japanese literature except for news but associating time with rain is really something I never heard of before.

Blueknight78 2016-01-10 11:48

this series give me a "fairy tail vib", not just for one of the VA being the same as natsu, but he also is "fire" and making friend with a "water"(which could be ice) like natsu and gray and we even have a "lucy" in the middle being the "air" I guess, also we have more peoples in the team, this serie really have a "fairy tail vib" but with a more "serious tone".

VDZ 2016-01-10 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by the one above all (Post 5750459)
I'm guessing it was actually the little brother that did it. Aoto probably just claims he did it out of some sort guilt.

Precisely. Following the cliches with the tons of "foreshadowing" the episode kept giving over and over, the little brother set the house on fire, Aoto tried to put the fire out with his water ability, but failed as his power was not strong enough. As a result, he became an emo who claims to have killed his parents (because in his head his inability to save them is the same as having killed them) and lost all enthusiasm for his water ability and similar magic (brushed off with the typical emo 'everything is pointless'). Later on in the series, he will meet another character, generally of the opposite gender, who will teach him that his ability can still save people in the present and future even if he can't change the past, and he realizes that what happened back then wasn't his fault. At the same moment, he runs into his little brother (who is the real culprit) and has a climactic final battle with him.

Flower 2016-01-10 15:25

Ep 01

Err...Aotos inner monologues came off as just a little too artificial for my taste. Other than that the series seems kinda average at best? Well...maybe another ep?

~Yami~ 2016-01-10 16:28

I feel surprised to see that this is actually adapted from smartphone game
I don't really get the vibe when watching this

I actually like this kind of MC.. it kinds of become a point of difference comparing to most anime nowadays.. gloomy, cold, "wet" :heh:, and have a dark past

watching at the opening, looks like the team would be awesome

anyway, is the brother already appeared? Is the student council prez is Aoto's brother?

shmaster 2016-01-10 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 5751093)
anyway, is the brother already appeared? Is the student council prez is Aoto's brother?

Council president? You mean Arthur?
No. He is the head of the Knights of Round.
And the person behind the World Council is someone else.

James Rye 2016-01-12 18:21

First thought that blondie's an emo, but that flashback... damn, really wanna hug him now and tell him it's okay to eat warm meals...

Iron Maw 2016-01-12 20:28

Came across something, this show actually projected to be one of this season's top sellers by Amazon's Stalker, even higher than Phantom World. I guess the game has bigger following than I thought. That and premier was probably viewed more positively there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Rye (Post 5753152)
First thought that blondie's an emo, but that flashback... damn, really wanna hug him now and tell him it's okay to eat warm meals...

Honestly I think the flowery internal monologue in beginning is probably something sounds better in Japanese than English. It doesn't help that unlike west Japan doesn't share the obsession of calling anything remotely depressing emo or edgy. They seem much receive to troubled and traumatic characters in my observations. There also tertiary issue these two negative terms aren't even used correctly anymore but I suppose that's topic for another thread.

Still regardless I think it's pretty silly and petty reason that some have taken to throw the whole show under a bus. Especially since that seems to be the only real glaring issue people had with the episode. If your issue is it cringly there are much worse out there even in this very season. See "breast talk in Grimgir (intentional or not) despite me liking the show overall. I certainly wouldn't drop because of that either.

Then again it's probably for the best if you can't help but nitpick everything about the show.

Psyco Diver 2016-01-13 00:57

I'm enjoying the animation, I'm kinda digging the MCs also

erneiz_hyde 2016-01-14 17:56

厨二乙! :heh:

Unfortunately even for me the show felt more "wot?" rather than "kewl!" :heh:

Will keep watching though, the chuu2 vibes are there, I just hope it develops it's chuu2ness better in future eps.

Stark700 2016-01-15 09:56

Episode 2:

The story still feels all over the place.

They did manage to help out a kid and is Father. Good action there. At the same time, we find out more about Aoto and this tragic past. I think throughout the show, we'll also learn his motives. I'm more curious about the stuff going on from behind the scenes as there seems to be something big building up. The main concept still revolves around the Divine Gate so I guess the main characters will discover its secrets as part of their journey. The show still feels pretty boring to me though.