AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Playstation 4 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111328)

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 01:50

HAHAHAHAHAAA.... Feb 22 :T_T:

Something about waiting for more titles to be ready for Japan at launch.

Rias 2013-09-09 01:50

Seems the next gen battle is concentrated in North America instead...

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 02:11

That Evil Within Trailer was awesome :D !

Rias 2013-09-09 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4824588)
That Evil Within Trailer was awesome :D !

That seems like the REAL Resident Evil should be.

I'm counting on you, Mikami

New Yakuza trailer with the twist at the end was cool.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 02:32

HELL YEAH! Guilty Gear :D !

Westlo 2013-09-09 02:33

finally a system seller, guilty gear!

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 02:36

Oh shit, Nacom Bandai!

*30 seconds later*

... Huh?

EDIT:

DEEP DOWN!

...Is a SCI-FI?!?!

EDIT:

Deep Down Gameplay!

EDIT:

...Did they just said unique to PS4?

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 03:25

A Japanese Day with Playstation Trailer...

...What? Japan always loved their Killzone, right :p ?

Duo Maxwell 2013-09-09 05:19

Today's conference is pretty great. It's longer than I thought, and it's all about games.

The translators are comedy gold, lolz.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 05:40

I await fanarts of translator-san :eyespin:

Duo Maxwell 2013-09-09 06:08

There were like, what, 5 or 6 of them, right? They made some boring part (the Knack one) became much more awesome, honestly.

Reality_Breaker 2013-09-09 06:18

I'm calling it Deep Down is either Demon's Souls re imagining or Dragons Dogma 2, I can't be the only one who thought the knight looked eerily similar to the DS Knight, am I?

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-09 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 4824819)
There were like, what, 5 or 6 of them, right? They made some boring part (the Knack one) became much more awesome, honestly.

It was specifically the knack lady that was awesome :eyespin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker (Post 4824825)
I'm calling it Deep Down is either Demon's Souls re imagining or Dragons Dogma 2, I can't be the only one who thought the knight looked eerily similar to the DS Knight, am I?

Demon Soul + Assassin's Creed

Duo Maxwell 2013-09-09 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4824832)
It was specifically the knack lady that was awesome :eyespin:

I dunno. The Yakuza guy also made me spit my drink. :heh:

"There are so many people. Don't talk. Be serious."
It's like I'm watching Hadena sub.

Talking about Yakuza, I heard some insider info that this one will come to the west, but a little bit later. Awesome news if that's true.

TnAdct1 2013-09-09 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 4824573)

Don't forget Europe.

As such, you can understand from a business standpoint why the Japanese will have to wait three months for the PS4 (as PS4 will obviously be the dominant system in that region, while it will tighter in the western countries, with Sony wanting to ensure success there during the holiday season).

Rias 2013-09-09 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnAdct1 (Post 4825437)
Don't forget Europe.

As such, you can understand from a business standpoint why the Japanese will have to wait three months for the PS4 (as PS4 will obviously be the dominant system in that region, while it will tighter in the western countries, with Sony wanting to ensure success there during the holiday season).

I did forget about them - but mainly because XBone is not going to be there either.

I can kind of see why Sony would leave out Japan as the important areas:

1. Lack of a rival console system. WiiU isn't selling, XBone isnt there yet.
2. Fulfilling overseas orders comes first (Sony official reason, which leads to...)
3. Winning North America against XBone will pretty much guarantee them the victory for the generation (as XBone has concenrated all effort in North America)
4. Lack of JP launch titles. Somehow they havn't caught up yet, as most comes out next year, or for the Feb launch.

4Tran 2013-09-10 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 4824573)

Precisely. North America is going to determine whether Microsoft is going to get overwhelmed. So far, I don't think it looks particularly well for them, but there's still a chance for them to recover.

Quote:

Don't forget Europe.

Europe has been Playstation territory since the PSX days. Microsoft's numbers there were so bad that it prompted them to add FIFA as a pack-in bonus. The chance of the PS4 relinquishing its hold in the region is just about non-existent.

Quote:

I think that it's largely Sony being conservative. It's probably a good idea in the long run as there really isn't any alternative for Japanese gamers interested in a new home console. (Other than the Vita, TV that is. :))

Besides, while Japan isn't used to waiting, a three-month delay isn't a huge deal. Especially since it allows a number of Japanese staples to accompany the PS4 launch.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-09-10 01:02

Considering it's not region lock- There's no reason why Japanese gamers couldn't simply ship one over right? Assuming they REALLY want a PS4 asap and have the money to spend on it.

Duo Maxwell 2013-09-10 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4826037)
Considering it's not region lock- There's no reason why Japanese gamers couldn't simply ship one over right? Assuming they REALLY want a PS4 asap and have the money to spend on it.

That's why they add a free Knack in for Japanese.

Beside, I don't think they could find any more PS4 in the US or EU anymore. Those area already stopped receive pre-order. Their biggest chance would be re-sell ones from ebay or the like, and we all know the horrible price of launched consoles.

4Tran 2013-09-10 01:26

Both Sony and Microsoft have limits on pre-order numbers to ensure that there will be units on retail shelves at launch. I'd imagine that at least 30% are held back for this reason. Still, I imagine that only a relatively few fans will try to import.