AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Code Geass R2 - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70836)

morbosfist 2008-09-01 02:28

It's as good as being dead. There would be no point to life.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 1856494)
I don't care if they beat him up when he was little, what he did was rob people of their free will, and his being treated like a hero.

I doubt if this was the real world equivalent (america invades a country) it would be so liked. I am trying not to mention examples, as to not cause a flame war.

He made them accept him as Emperor, nothing more. What he did in episode 20 was truly robbing people of free will.

ApathyEcstasy 2008-09-01 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by anyme (Post 1856331)
Nunnally is alive methods.
-She have code
-She is with Shnizel
-She is important for next season or till the end of this season
-She is Director's girl

if not, she is in the heaven.

when they say she was found, they mean before she became governor of area 11

edit: beaten

D a m i e n 2008-09-01 02:33

In a nutshell cause i havent had the time to read the 50pages yet.
"How original, i want to create a frozen utopia where everyone is happy but cant evolve or move on."
"No i wont let you do so humanity deserved to lead its own fate"
How many times have we seen this? Evangelion comes straight to my mind, to a lesser extend even an obscur anime like Scrapped Princess had the "same plot" (iirc even in gunxsword the clawed man had the same kind of motive but GxS didnt leave any impact my memory)
The only good thing is that Lelouch after refusing such a plan decide to be proactive instead of letting humanity follow its own course.
Lelouch is really doing every to direct all the hatred toward him during his intonisation ceremony... it s really infuriating to see this as both CC and Kallen are extremely sad or angried by his action.
i have a bad feeling that next episode is going to crush the Lelouch x Kallen supporters's hopes.

Charred Knight 2008-09-01 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 1856497)
Its official. AnimeSuki suffers from Unpleasable Fandom.

I am not unpleasable at all, I am just finding the direction that this series is taking to be disturbing. At least when Zero did evil things in the past either Zero or someone else would call him out on it, he just brainwashed his family, and no one seems to care. In the previous episodes Lelouch used his brain to get out of situations, now his just using his Geass.

I feel that Code Geass had a lot of potential but completely wasted it on idiotic storylines like Drugzaku, instead of trying to develop the Black Knights, especially wasteful was Todoh, who should have been the Code Geass version of Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time, a military genius to match Lelouch's political genius. Instead Todoh was just some guy who brought along 4 extra mechas. and we got the Black Knights reduced to Zero's babies, unable to do anything without him. The only worthwhile fighter was Kallen.

If Zero gets Kallen it just seems game over for Schneizel, even if Xingke, and Todoh join him what are they going to do? Damage Kallen, and Suzaku's weapons when they die?

ApathyEcstasy 2008-09-01 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 1856522)
I am not unpleasable at all, I am just finding the direction that this series is taking to be disturbing. At least when Zero did evil things in the past either Zero or someone else would call him out on it, he just brainwashed his family, and no one seems to care. In the previous episodes Lelouch used his brain to get out of situations, now his just using his Geass.

I feel that Code Geass had a lot of potential but completely wasted it on idiotic storylines like Drugzaku, instead of trying to develop the Black Knights, especially wasteful was Todoh, who should have been the Code Geass version of Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time, a military genius to match Lelouch's political genius. Instead Todoh was just some guy who brought along 4 extra mechas. and we got the Black Knights reduced to Zero's babies, unable to do anything without him. The only worthwhile fighter was Kallen.

If Zero gets Kallen it just seems game over for Schneizel, even if Xingke, and Todoh join him what are they going to do? Damage Kallen, and Suzaku's weapons when they die?

Meh, I'm lovin' it.

Rising Dragon 2008-09-01 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 1856522)

Before anyone should make judgments on the storyline of Code Geass at all, we should wait until the very end.

Personally, I think Lelouch and Schniezel have closer similarities to Mat Cauthon. I can't see Lelouch as Rand al'Thor, that's for sure. We've still got four episodes left. We should wait until we see those before we condemn the story, or ascend it into legend.

Charred Knight 2008-09-01 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by morbosfist (Post 1856506)
It's as good as being dead. There would be no point to life.
He made them accept him as Emperor, nothing more. What he did in episode 20 was truly robbing people of free will.

Against their will

He didn't give them a choice, he just forced them to accept him as Emperor by stealing their free will.

I don't consider their to be much difference between this, and what he did last episode. He crossed the line, and now his using Nunnaly as a shield for critisim, and I am afraid that the staff agree with him. It's okay to force people to agree with you by force of arms.

aohige 2008-09-01 02:40

Zomg, after watching 46 episodes, someone finally figures out that our beloved protagonist is an anti-hero!

:p

ApathyEcstasy 2008-09-01 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftghb (Post 1856229)
how incredibly ironic...they have some explaining to do in episode 22...otherwise it doesnt make any sense how Suzaku jumps from avenging Euphie to 'Knight of Zero'...I love what the writers did here...on appearances, it looks like Lelouch simply gave Suzaku a rank without any peer, but they name itself speaks volumes..."Knight of ZERO, knight of Lelouch"...last thing anyone would expect has finally come to fruition

well..remember the whole time suzaku wanted to change things from the inside? in the end..suzaku by himself was never able to do it...but with him and lelouche together, they can do it....and now it seems like lelouche understands that and agrees with it

edit: also, remember "it's not that you can't forgive, it's that you don't want to"...i think suzaku finally understands this....

Charred Knight 2008-09-01 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 1856535)
Zomg, after watching 46 episodes, someone finally figures out that our beloved protagonist is an anti-hero!

:p

The problem is that Lelouch and some fans are no longer calling him an anti-hero but are starting to agree with his methods.

Rising Dragon 2008-09-01 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 1856552)
The problem is that Lelouch and some fans are no longer calling him an anti-hero but are starting to agree with his methods.

More like all of the old Suzaku haters are transferring their rage to a new target. >_> Not calling you a Suzaku hater, though.

I've yet to see anyone "agree" with his methods. I can see how it was necessary to Geass the lot of them. He did give them a chance to acknowledge him normally, but they called the guards on him. But in the end, I'm able to realize that its just a story, made of fiction, and is not the real world.

OMG, I'm able to differentiate reality from anime!? *mind breaks*

aohige 2008-09-01 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 1856552)

..... And why are those two mutually exclusive?
You can acknowledge an anti-hero, and still agree with him.

Lupin III and Space Cobra are criminals with blood on their hands, but boy do I love them. :D

To hell with boyscouts that wear their underwears outside their pants and wear red capes, hellooo hottie to Black Lagoon gang.

Charred Knight 2008-09-01 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 1856554)
More like all of the old Suzaku haters are transferring their rage to a new target. >_> Not calling you a Suzaku hater, though.

I've yet to see anyone "agree" with his methods. I can see how it was necessary to Geass the lot of them. He did give them a chance to acknowledge him normally, but they called the guards on him. But in the end, I'm able to realize that its just a story, made of fiction, and is not the real world.

OMG, I'm able to differentiate reality from anime!? *mind breaks*

Of course their going to call the guards on him. If I kill the President of the United States, I don't get to become the President, I get shot. I don't think Britannia would work any differently.

My problem is that the writers, and Director have gotten lazy and are just using Geass as a crutch. Instead of having Lelouch grow as a leader, and a commander his getting worse. Instead of winning troops over with brains, loyalty, and respect his forcing people too.

Kaioshin Sama 2008-09-01 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 1856497)
Its official. AnimeSuki suffers from Unpleasable Fandom.

No, that's just how it goes for Geass in general these days. I'm thinking once it's all over and the memes and movements have died down though people might come back and actually watch the show for real. We'll see.

RURURURURULELELELERU 2008-09-01 03:13

a fren did dat. @_@

Spoiler for LOLS.:

Freya 2008-09-01 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RURURURURULELELELERU (Post 1856568)
a fren did dat. @_@

o.o???????

aohige 2008-09-01 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 1856563)
Of course their going to call the guards on him. If I kill the President of the United States, I don't get to become the President, I get shot. I don't think Britannia would work any differently.

My problem is that the writers, and Director have gotten lazy and are just using Geass as a crutch. Instead of having Lelouch grow as a leader, and a commander his getting worse. Instead of winning troops over with brains, loyalty, and respect his forcing people too.

Did you ever once think, that perhaps he's driving Britannia into the ground, from within?
He and Suzaku may be playing the role of an evil tyrant, to destroy Britannia from within.

It's a thought.

Cat Megex 2008-09-01 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by rururururuleleleleru (Post 1856568)
a fren did dat. @_@

Spoiler for lols.:

xd .

Charred Knight 2008-09-01 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 1856581)
Did you ever once think, that perhaps he's driving Britannia into the ground, from within?
He and Suzaku may be playing the role of an evil tyrant, to destroy Britannia from within.

It's a thought.

The series is almost over, and the fact that his claiming to be trying to doing this in Nunnaly, and Euphemia's name says other wise.

I wouldn't mind if Lelouch becomes the demon king, an Emperor ten times worse than his father, and he enslaves the entire surviving female characters as his wives. Hell considering how I am starting to hate most of the cast I welcome that kind of ending. I just don't want to have some BS be about him doing it the way Nunnaly (one of the few cast members I still like) wanted.

I just find the idea that he could change from Hitler to Ghandi in the space of a couple of episodes to be stupid, I am tired of character changes that come off like the characters are insane. One minute Suzaku hates Lelouch, and the next his basically his boyfriend (it happened earlier in the season too with the Life of Brian scene), everyone but Kallen becomes useless in a fight.

grey_moon 2008-09-01 04:00

I'm getting a little confused with how the plot is coming together, but that aside, all I can say is...

Spoiler: