AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn (TV Anime) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=139945)

The Green One 2016-03-19 00:02

Poor Kurtz just wants his opponents to take him seriously and Nene more or less ignores him. Hilarious.

Ii_chan 2016-03-19 03:18

when Nene and Clarion met and talk about five minutes, I'm imagine how Fear waiting them to end their discussion.

Magewolf 2016-03-19 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ii_chan (Post 5805504)
when Nene and Clarion met and talk about five minutes, I'm imagine how Fear waiting them to end their discussion.

He was just waiting for his boss to stop ranting.

Sagitta Luminis 2016-03-19 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magewolf (Post 5805813)
He was just waiting for his boss to stop ranting.

Yeah, I like how they lampshaded that scene by having the villain monologue, too.

The Green One 2016-03-19 22:18

Pretty much a GITS verse trope that everyone monologues at length. There's been several stealth nods toward that series in this one.

moodie 2016-03-19 22:37

After i did a marathon from episode 4 i must say holy shit i wasnt expecting this anime to be soo good. I mean I thought I was going to get another low budget try hard moe with meaning anime but this blew my mind. Still its not anything more than a 6/10 for me but the themes presented are nice. Budget or not I like this anime.

Stark700 2016-03-25 13:37

Hmm, the first 8 or so episodes imo felt more like a chore to watch. The last 4 episodes had a better presentation imo in particular with Clarion and Nene's relationship. If only this show had a higher budget...

ValvraveTruth 2016-03-25 14:35

I pity the guy for taking so many efforts and time just to hack into buer's fettish collection Lol.

Master_Yoma 2016-03-25 21:17

Clarion and Nene are just so cute together but poor B.U.E.R getting all of his thigh pics leaked

8/10 Needs anther season

justsomeguy 2016-03-25 22:11

Only 6 pages? Talk about extremely underrated. Not that there's much to discuss, this was a very lighthearted and straightforward show. Almost every episode was slice of life, and the plot only mattered in the first and last two episodes. Sahar's ultimate plans remain a secret, and Kurtz fails because he and Takumi hacked Buer's voyeur folder and not its controls. Nene spent the entire show bumbling around the island and hugging Claring, I don't think she even understood or thought about any of the events happening around her. I have to say that spending the middle episodes on side characters was a very nice touch, since they gave civilians' POV on cybernetic tech and life on the island, which was something that the other cyberpunk show lacked.

Score: 7/10. Pretty fun to watch, but not very deep and doesn't try to be. I have no complaints about the production values; they're good fit for this type of show and were not as jarringly bad as KonoSuba's.

serenade_beta 2016-03-25 23:08

Spoiler for final thoughts:

The Green One 2016-03-25 23:48

That was a fun unwind series, nothing too serious, just cuteness and comedy. Would watch a sequel, not that there's likely to be one.

Liddo-kun 2016-03-28 06:54

Watched the final episode today.

Laughed so hard when Buer and Kurtz both got angry for totally different reasons. One guy expected to rule the world but only discovered fetish pron, and another had his secret stash revealed to mass media. ahoho :D

Anyway, the fight scenes and character development for Nene and Clarion are good the past 3 or so episodes. And even Robert had his short time to shine when he slammed the bad guy.

So sad... not going to see a new episode anymore on Mondays.. I hope there would be a special episode. ><

Final score: 8.5/10 :)

lfhoule 2016-03-29 04:48

I'd give it an 8/10: a light hearted series to be sure, and for those who hasn't read the manga, do so! You won't regret it.
(BTW, how many volumes is the manga? Seven Seas just recently published vol.3).

Also, during that montage of people seeing BEUR's fetish stash, did anyone else notice a certain u-boat getting her mind blown by the images?

Auxilism 2016-03-29 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfhoule (Post 5813506)
(BTW, how many volumes is the manga? Seven Seas just recently published vol.3).

Volume 8 just came out about two weeks ago.
Spoiler for Anime original ending vs manga:

Kismet-chan 2016-03-29 13:16

Cute, fluffy show that I have few complaints about. The animation quality really suffered here and there, but I can overlook it given the genre and overall tone. Nene and Clarion are really too adorable.

If anything, the only thing about this show that made me really sad was the lack of Uzal. I know it was for the sake of plot and pre-recorded joke messages, but she was actually my favorite character and we got so little of her! :heh: