AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Seiyuu (voice actor) Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9959)

<xellos> 2004-03-22 21:21

Seiyuu (voice actor) Discussion

my 2 favourite women seiyuu would have to be Chiba Saeko - Azumaria, Chrno Crusade, and Tanaka Rie - Chii, Chobits, i think they have the cutest voices (at least for tha characters ive seen them play)

i was just wondering others peoples favourite voice actors

if there is a thread about this already just let me know, cause i did a search and didnt find it, it might have another name though

Yamano667 2004-03-22 21:42

umm.. to heart Kawasumi Ayako =Kamigishi Akari
Ah my goddess = Inoue Kikuko =BELLDANDY

Slade xTekno 2004-03-22 21:45

I'm not otakuish to the point I know their names, but...
Yomiko Readman [ROD OVA and ROD TV]
Michelle Chan [ROD TV]
Kaname Chidori [FMPs]
Will post again if I can think of more...

<xellos> 2004-03-22 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
I'm not otakuish to the point I know their names

just go to www.animenfo.com and search for the anime, then it shows the name of the voice actor next to the character name

kj1980 2004-03-22 22:01

Quote:

I'm not otakuish to the point I know their names, but...
Yomiko Readman [ROD OVA and ROD TV]
Michelle Chan [ROD TV]
Kaname Chidori [FMPs]
Will post again if I can think of more...

Yomiko - Miura Rieko, former member of CoCo
Michelle - Kikuchi Shouko
Kaname Chidori - Yukino Satsuki (which means you must also like Sumiregawa Nenene in "R.O.D," Higurashi Kagome from "Inuyasha," and Tanabe Ai from "Planetes)

as for my favorites:
Tamura Yukari (Ranpha in "Galaxy Angel," Kanami "S-cry-ed," Yoshino Sakura "D.C.~da capo~")
Horie Yui (Multi "To Heart," Tsukimiya Ayu "Kanon," Narusegawa Naru "Love Hina," Honda Tooru "Fruits Basket," Shirakawa Kotori "D.C.~da capo~" Sakuya "Sister Princess")
Shimizu Ai (Minawa "Maharomatic," Onodera Karen "Onegai Twins," Sanada Momen "Raimuiro Senkitan")
Inoue Kikuko (Belldandy "Aa! Megami-sama," Tendou Kasumi "Ranma 1/2," Kazami Mizuho "Onegai Teacher" Sanzenin Yayoi "HAPPY LESSON")

and much more like:
Koyama Kimiko, Kanai Mika, Koorogi Satomi, Orikasa Ai, Nabatame Hitomi, Ikezawa Haruna, Kakazu Yumi, Kawamura Maria, Kawakami Tomoko, Mizuki Nana, Ueda Kana, Noto Mamiko, Hayashibara Megumi, Mitsuishi Kotono, etc. etc.

Lina Inverse 2004-03-22 22:23

Do you still have to ask? Hayashibara Megumi ( 林原めぐみ ) rules them all! :D

Slade xTekno 2004-03-22 22:26

Cool. Thanks kj1980.
The seiyuu for Chidori does Nenene? Didn't know that, but cool never-the-less.
Now that I think about it, they do sound alike.

Kyuven 2004-03-23 01:05

Hitomi Nabatame: Yuna (Maburaho) just the way she says "nee?"
Hayashibara Megumi: Lime (Saber Marionette) Lina (Slayers) female Ranma (Ranma 1/2) Rei Ayanami (Evangelion) Tira Misu (Sorcerer Hunters) Haruka (Love Hina) Megumi (Tenshi na Konamaiki) Pai (3x3 Eyes) Momiji (Blue Seed) Nuku Nuku (All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku) Anna (Shaman King) Kentaro (Maison Ikkoku)...and maaaaaaaaaaaaany more
Nogami Yokana: Teletha "Tessa" Testerossa (Full Metal Panic)
Inoue Kikkuko: see above...i'm not typing all those names -_-

Za Paper 2004-03-23 01:22

Yui Horie and Miura Rieko are some of my favorites at present. I just love their voices.

Slade xTekno 2004-03-23 01:22

Also, whoever did Arcueid Brunestud of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Very cool/cute.

kj1980 2004-03-23 01:36

Quote:

Also, whoever did Arcueid Brunestud of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Very cool/cute.

Nabatame Hitomi. She was a former stage actress-turned voice actress who first "major" debuted as Arcueid in "Shingetsutan Tsukihime." She also plays the role of Yuna in "Maburaho" and Torii Eriko (Rosa Foetida) in "Maria-sama ga Miteru."

Slade xTekno 2004-03-23 02:35

kj1980: Thanks [again]! You are the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to anime.
BTW, have you read the thread in my sig yet? Worth reading.

Wolfsbane68 2004-03-23 04:06

My two absolute favorites
Seki Toshihiko: Genjou Sanzo (Saiyuki), Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing), Raww Le Klueze (Gundam Seed), Yorimaru (Ninja Scroll), Benitora (Samurai Deeper Kyo) ....
Ogata Megumi: Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Deeper Kyo), Clayman (GetBackers)....

Melazoma 2004-03-30 01:59

This needs more discussion and bumping....^^

For the Kanji-friendly/oriented people,^^ here's my favorite Seiyuus^^

関智一: Seki Tomokazu
G-Gundam: Domon Kashu
Gundam Seed: Izak Juell
Among many, many incredibly 熱血 lines and characters ;_;
His voice can be heard in the new TV Anime Broadcast
絢爛舞踏祭 ザ・マーズ・デイブレイク
KenRanBuTouSai: the Mars DayBreak
as the voice of グラム/Gram

田中 理恵: Tanaka Rie
Besides the Chobits credit, she is also the voice of
Lacus Clyne of Gundam Seed
She can be heard in the new TV Anime Broadcast
爆裂天使 Bakuretsu Tenshi
as the voice of Sei
on anther note: She is gorgeous in person! Her official site is:
http://rie.bird.to/

There are many more but these are my top ones so far^^

Also, the voice of Sanada Yukimura--緒方恵美 Ogata Megumi has also done extensive work in "Teen-Age Boys" voice, most notably as Ikari Shinji of Evangelion fame, Kuruma of Yuyu Hakusho, even Yugi in--the original, not U.S. butchered--Yu-Gi-Oh! among her immense reportoire. She is truly a prolific and one of my favorite Seiyuu^^

dkellis 2004-03-30 04:12

First exposure to Seki Tomokazu for me was in Card Captor Sakura (Kinomoto Touya). Second-most recent exposure was in Full Metal Panic (Sagara Sousuke). Most recent exposure was in Pretty Cure (Mepple).

Yeah, I'm slightly amused at the sudden change in roles.

Iwao Junko has an interesting voice, in the few roles I remember her in. Kind of quiet and cute.

Melazoma 2004-03-30 04:25

Argh! I totally forgot why I went back on my focus to Seki-sama in the first place^^ It is indeed the Full Metal Panic role.

LK_LoA 2004-03-30 04:42

SAITOU, Chiwa (F, 23yo, 12th March bday)

Roles:
Kokoro (Kokoro Toshokan)
Ayame (Wandaba Style)
Lavi Hedd (Last Exile)
Anita King (ROD TV)

How's that for versatility? ^^

Secca 2004-03-30 05:36

I like their voice! ^^

Hayashibara Megumi (Slayers: Lina Inverse - Ranma 1/2: Ranma - Cowboy Bebop: Faye Valentine)

Hisakawa Aya (Junikoki: Nakajima Youko - Card Captor Sakura: Kero-chan - Fruit Basket: Yuki Soma)

Horie Yui (Fruit Basket: Honda Toru - Photon: Aun Freya - Ultra Maniac: Tateishi Ayu)

Mitsushi Kotono (Sailor Moon: Usagi Tsukino - Noir: Mireille Bouquet - Oruchuban Ebichu: Ebichu)

j1m0ne 2004-03-30 06:35

Takehito Koyasu(a million different things) and Megumi Toyoguchi(winry in FMA,sei in marimite) at the moment, cos I just love the way they say Iyaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!. yes, I know it's stupid. Also Seki Tomokazu and Kotono Mitsuishi(the almighty Excel) are incredibly talented.

nubby 2004-03-30 08:00

My favorite seiyuu is Miyamura Yuko (NG Evangelion - Asuka Langley, Ajimu - Takemoto) and my second favorite is Nabatame Hitomi (Maburaho - Yuna, Tsukihime - Arcueid). In other words, I like the ones who are not overly used with the exception of Hayashibara Megumi (NG Evangelion - Rei). My least favorite is Horie Yui (Love Hina - Narusegawa Naru), I can't stand her! I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they can't or won't use new talents in most of the animes. Is it for marketing reasons? The cast of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien did a pretty good job even though they were new to anime voice acting.(I know they do a lot of ero voice acting but that doesn't count)

I don't know about you guys but whenver I hear someone overly used such as Horie Yui, I automatically think of Lova Hina which totally takes me out of whatever anime I was watching at the time.

Sethi 2004-03-30 08:44

Mine are:

Inoue Kikuko - Especially in Onegai Teacher(Mizuho), Ah My Goddess(Belldandy), i think her voice really suits these 2 characters.

Yukino Satsuki - Especially in FMP(Chidori), Hmm now that i think about it most of the characters she does look alike, they normally boss the others around and argue a lot but in the end they are all emotional.

Secca 2004-03-30 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethi
Yukino Satsuki - Especially in FMP(Chidori), Hmm now that i think about it most of the characters she does look alike, they normally boss the others around and argue a lot but in the end they are all emotional.

Most of the seiyuu usually get chosen for a series based on the previous acting job they did. And producers are pretty much already has an idea what kind of voice talent they need. So it's nothing strange if some seiyuu keep getting certain type of role they really good at. She did a great job as Chidori. ^^

Wandering_Youth 2004-03-31 02:09

Female Seiyu:

Kawasumi Ayako - Aoi (Ai Yori Aoshi), Mahoro (Mahoromatic).

Yukino Satsuki - Tina (Ai Yori Aoshi), Kagome (Inu Yasha), Chidori (Full Metal Panic).

Mitsuishi Kotono - Henrietta (Gunslinger Girl), Murrure Ramius (Gundam Seed), Mireille Bouquet (Noir), Madoka Narumi (Spiral), Kohaku (Tsukihime).

Asakawa Yuu - Motoko (Love Hina), Sakaki (Azumanga Daioh).

Horie Yui - Naursegawa (Love Hina), Kotori (Da Capo), Ayu (Kannon), Ayu (Ultra Maniac).

Inoue Kikuko - Belldandy (Oh My Goddess!), Yayoi (Happy Lesson).

Nabatame Hitomi - Yunna (Maburaho), Arcueid (Tsuikhime).

Male Seiyu:

Hoshi Souichirou - Kira (Gundam Seed), Kaoru (Ai Yori Aoshi).

Ishida Akira - Athrun (Gundam Seed), Chrno (Chrno Crusade).

Koyasu Takehito - Mwu La Fllaga (Gundam Seed), Ryuga (Mahoromatic).

Seki Tomokazu - Sagara (Full Metal Panic), Ashton (Star Ocean Ex).

Miki Shinichirou - Shannon (Scrapped Princess).

Takagi Wataru - Onizuka (GTO), Genzo (Tenshi na Konamaiki).

Suzumura Kenichi - Shin (Macross Zero), Narumi (Spiral).

Onosaka Masaya - Icchan (Angelic Layer), Vash (Trigun).

Yeah, I think that's about it. :heh:

roguenoir 2004-03-31 06:03

Satsuki Yukino - Chidori (FMP), Nenene (ROD TV), Mutsumi (Love Hina)
Ayako Kawasumi - Sarah (Angel Sanctuary), Megumi (Rahxephon), Aoi (Ai Yori Aoshi)
Shinichiro Miki - Crim (.hack//Sign), Weber (FMP), Moran (Last Exile), Tetsu (Saikano)
Mitsuki Saiga - Junior (ROD TV), Tsukasa (.hack//Sign)
Tomokazu Seki - Souske (FMP), Ogata (Angelic Layer), Toji (Evangelion)
Junko Noda - Dio (Last Exile), Kitsune (Love Hina), Reki (Haibane Renmei)

Seravy 2004-04-01 06:20

kawasumi ayako, mitsuishi kotono, yukino satsuki, tomokazu seki & ohara sayaka (<3)

Autumn 2004-04-01 22:38

Female:

Horie Yui (Fruit Basket- Toru Honda, Mantentei Loki- Mayura)

Enomoto Atsuko (Kare Kano- Miyazawa Yukino, Daa Daa Daa- Konishi Aya)

Ogasawara Akiko (Twin Spica- Asumi, Figure 17- Shinna Tsubasa)

Nanri Yuuka (Gunslinger Girls- Henrietta)

Watanabe Akino (Witch Hunter- Robin, I My Me Strawberry Eggs- Fuko Kazuha)

Male:

Inoue Kazuhiko (Naruto-Kakashi, Fruit Basket- Hatori Souma)

Seki Tomokazu (Fruit Basket- Kyo, Vision of Escaflowne- Van)

Miki Shinichirou (Scrapped Princess- Shannon, Vampire Princess-Larva)

Suwabe Junichi (Mahou Tsukai..Taisetsu..- Oyamada Masami, PMK- Yosida Toshimaru)

The above mentioned are my fav seiyuus, because their voice are fantastic, in that they are able to express a broad range of emotions, very expressive, and truely made the characters they play for. Without them in their respective parts, those characters would not been so memorable to me.

Kaka 2004-04-02 00:34

although many are really really really great, but............
Ishida Akira is my big favorite >w<

Kurama no Miko2003 2004-04-03 06:47

Ishida Akira (see previous posts for roles)

Midorikawa Hikaru (Zelgadis/Slayers, Heero Yuy/Gundam Wing, Tamahome/Fushigi Yuugi)

Ogata Megumi (Kurama/Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Shinji/Evangelion, Princess Emeraude/Magic Knight Rayeart, Eagle/Rayearth 2)

Sakamoto Maaya (Kanzaki Hitomi/Escaflowne, Nai Card/CardCaptor Sakura Movie 2, Mishima/RahXephon)

Hayashibara Megumi (see previous posts for roles)

Orikasa Ai (Ryoko/Tenchi Muyo, Quatre Raberba Winner/Gundam Wing)

I have a general tendency to like seiyuu who can sing; since I can't always afford to invest in buying the DVDs for an entire show, I usually settle for getting OSTs that have image songs (sung by the seiyuu themselves, of course) on them. And as a result, being a good vocalist generally makes me like a certain voice better, so that's what I use as a way to choose my favorites. Although oddly enough, even though I really don't like what I've heard of Ishida Akira's singing, he still ranks as a favorite (either that or Xellos's image songs aren't a good representative of his skills as a vocalist). But that may be because both Chrno and Athrun are currently on my favorite male anime character list at the moment . . .

And as far as I know, with the exception of Ishida Akira, all of them are recording artists . . . or at least they've released a few solo CDs and singles. I know Hayashibara Megumi and Sakamoto Maaya have been releasing CDs as recent as this year. (I'm not sure about Hayashibara's discography, but I know Sakamoto has at least 5 or 6 CDs out . . .)

~ Kurama no Miko2003

LK_LoA 2004-04-06 00:58

btw,
30 March 2004 was Hayashibara Megumi's birthday BTW. She turned 37.
And 31 March 2004 was Sakamoto Maaya's birthday. She turned 24.
^^

choowee 2004-04-06 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
Ogata Megumi: Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Deeper Kyo), Clayman (GetBackers)....

I most definently agree...
did she also do izumi's voice in full moon wo sagashite?

Skuld 2004-04-06 14:42

Hoshi Souichirou, Koyasu Takehito, Miki Shinichirou, Horie Yui, Kawasumi Ayako, Saiga Mitsuki, Sakurai Takahiro... yeep.

Griffith 2004-04-06 15:03

林原めぐみ (Hayashibara Megumi) - Faye from Cowboy Bebop, Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Haruka from Love Hina, among other things.

宮村優子 (Miyamura Yuko) - Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion (I love how she says "Anata baka?" to Shinji for some reason) and Caska from Berserk.

堀江由衣 (Horie Yui) - Naru from Love Hina, Kotori from Da Capo, Yuya from Samurai Deeper Kyo.

三石琴乃 (Mitsuishi Kotono) - Excel from Excel Saga, Misato from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kanzaki Urumi from GTO.

能登 麻美子 (Noto Mamiko) - Akira from Narutaru, Sagi Tsukiko from Paranoia Agent.

Sakaki 2004-04-06 15:09

For me it would be:

Orikasa Ai
Mastumoto Rica: Outlaw Star/Jim Hawking, Dirty Pair Flash/Kei.
Hayashibara Megumi (well over 100 roles, I use to have a web fan web page for her)
{The above 3 are also really good singers, (I really like Rica Mastumoto), and I have managed to get all of thier solo albums.}
Mitsuishi Kotono : Excel, Misato/NGE, Mink/Drsagon Half, Ebichu, Sailor Moon.

And a few others that I know by voice but not by name.

Egan1 2004-04-06 17:10

I found this site a while ago, and while it may not interest you, I think it's very well layed out. Either go by series or by voice actor, and for each seiyuu it lists all (or many of) their roles. Very interesting to compare and make connections between roles and characters etc. Certainly I've enjoyed having a look.
http://www.seiyuu.info/extendedlisting.php?list=anime

I don't have a personal favourite though.

Kaka 2004-04-06 18:40

ooo, nice site
thx ^^

shinichiroumikinofan 2004-05-08 01:30

Miki-sama rulez!!! *.*

I just HAD to say that I just LOVE Shin-ichirou Miki. He's my all time favorite seiyuu and I just love every role he's made. He's just the best! :heh:

Kouji 2004-05-08 20:53

Nakamura Chie - Sakura Haruno
Inoue Kazuhiko - Kakashi
Mizuki Nana - Hinata Hyuga
Seki Toshihiko - Iruka
Morikubo Shoutarou - Nara Shikamaru
Shibata Hidekatsu - Sandaime Hokage
Sugiyama Noriaki - Uchiha Sasuke
Takeuchi Junko
- Uzumaki Naruto
- Takuya Kanbara
Yuzuki Ryouka - Yamanaka Ino

Prince of Tennis
Mignawa Junko - Ryoma Echizen
Onosaka Masaya - Momoshiro Takeshi

BME 2004-05-08 21:28

Inoue Kikuko is my absolute favorite, from Oh My Goddess to The 8th MS Team to everthing she is in she is great. Just an incredible and lovely voice

Then we have memorable runner ups like Tanaka Rie (Chobits, Gundam SEED) Koyasu Takehito (Gundam SEED, Mahoromatic) and Horie Yui (Love Hina, ~Da Capo~)

madeener 2004-05-08 21:40

For me it's definitely Hayashibara Megumi

STfan 2004-05-08 21:47

Tied between Megumi Hayashibara and Inoue Kikuko.

Whoever did Motosuwa's voice acting in Chobits is also quite skilled, I must say.