AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Sora no Woto (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85048)

NeoSam 2009-08-11 05:20

Sora no Woto

ソ・ラ・ノ・ヲ・ト
So Ra No Wo To

Aniplex's official site for So Ra No Wo To:
http://www.sorawoto.com/

Staff: (taken from sirn)

Director: Kanbe Mamoru
Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Character Draft: Kishida Mel
Character Design: Akai Toshifumi
Prop Design: Kitada Katsuhiko
Mechanic Design: Ishigaki Junya
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

sirn 2009-08-11 05:39

The PV for this show looks so promising: http://www.sorawoto.com/theater/index.html
Broadcasting starts in January 2010 on TV Tokyo as a part of Aniplex's "Anime no Chikara" project.

Shiroth 2009-08-11 05:44

I'm adoring the music. Hoping there's plenty more of that style in the show.

FireChick 2009-08-11 12:16

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iplex-tv-tokyo

The summary is up. I saw the PV and a lot of things hit me: the way the eyes are drawn kinda looks like K-On and the girl looks like she's dressed for the army or something. It looks rather interesting. The music sounds like Spanish or Italian music...hehehe.:heh:

Duo Maxwell 2009-08-11 12:46

I'm going to watch this just for the music alone.

Shiroth 2009-08-11 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 2574573)
I'm going to watch this just for the music alone.

Glad i'm not the only one.

Sure it's not the only reason, though after watching that PV, it's the most important reason by far.

SwiftStrike 2009-08-11 12:55

char design looks similar to K-On(looks like others have caught on to this too :D); the story seems pretty interesting too.

kyouray 2009-08-11 17:54

The trailer is uploaded on youtube for those who don't like the flash player :)

I'll watch it just for Kishida Mel.

Raiga 2009-08-11 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwiftStrike (Post 2574591)
char design looks similar to K-On(looks like others have caught on to this too :D); the story seems pretty interesting too.

Now that you mention it, it does look a lot like K-On, although when I watched the trailer for the first time, my impression was that it looked like Kannagi.

Anyway, good to see more original stuff. Story sounds interesting, trailer looks good. I'll be looking forward to it.

Midonin 2009-08-11 22:22

I think I might give a few series from this "Anime no Chikara" project a try. The idea of creating original series is something I can wholly support. (Mostly because of the things I've seen with fans and preexisting source material.)

This one looks like a good place to start.

Bonta Kun 2009-08-11 22:44

Oh wow that looks like it will be a very good watch, kinda like a Spice and Wolf/K-On! feel to it.

oh and when you see people mention K-On! it does remind you of it, hell theres even a Mugi-chan look-a-like:D

margafred 2009-08-12 00:10

The story synopsis is abit......funny?Going on an adventure for the sake of a trumpet lol...

Anyway this might go onto my list...sounds like a good slice of life pace judging from the trailer,and since i didn't saw any male chars on the preview,my guess is that there will be a yuri scenes?Well hopefully there isn't... :heh:

puretsundere 2009-08-15 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 2575553)
oh and when you see people mention K-On! it does remind you of it, hell theres even a Mugi-chan look-a-like:D

My first thought after watching the promo was "Where did Mugi-chan's eyelashes go?"

Enjoying the music and it definitely seems like I will be watching this.

Ottocycle 2009-08-16 06:47

Ooshima Michiru doing the music. So win. Chalk another one downed by this series' music.

Does the title mean "Sound of the Skies"?

Sheba 2009-09-05 04:00

I loved Ooshima Michiru's worksince the OST of The Weathering Continent. Count another one converted here.

The Chaos 2009-09-05 11:36

another anime to add to my watch list ..Nice Music btw :p

Flo 2009-09-17 08:50

I swear, KyoAni must have a hand in this show. One look at the trailer I'm already thinking "K-ON goes to war" :heh:

Kana Futayo 2009-09-17 09:19

The background music won me over ~su. :heh:
I'll be adding this into my must watch list ~su. :D

einhorn303 2009-10-27 19:49

On a blog comment, someone made the comparison that "It's like K-On meets Strike Witches!" Which is oddly perceptive, despite how those two shows might be anathema to anyone digging the "slightly pretentious/deep" vibe the trailer has going on.

Anyways, this show looks really interesting. I'm also glad about it's chances of airing on CrunchyRoll this Winter, considering its broadcast is TV Tokyo and it's production company is Aniplex.

Also, the music totally reminds me of Victor Gama's "Pangeia Instrumentos," (best Rephlex LP ever) which is a very good thing.

FireChick 2009-10-29 05:08

Quote:

On a blog comment, someone made the comparison that "It's like K-On meets Strike Witches!"
No way! We don't know if this show has useless fan-service or ecchi stuff yet (which I severely hope it doesn't!)!:twitch::heh:

Avira 2009-10-29 07:55

I can see the K-ON resemblence:heh:

But it seems nice...reminds me of FMA too for some reason. Just a bit though.

musume_no_hoshi 2009-10-29 14:38

Kannagi and K-on style is pretty similar. But I think it's suppose to look more like Kannagi since the character designer guy worked as a key animator for it.

From the trailer, I don't think it'll be heavily ecchi loaded. Maybe a hot spring/beach episode, but nothing too bad. Hopefully at least.

Oppius 2009-10-30 05:08

Another Strike Witches? Probably not.

Strange 2009-10-30 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppius (Post 2738016)
Another Strike Witches? Probably not.

The world doesn't need another Strike Witches--one pantsu loli WWII anime is enough.

plmko 2009-11-01 04:21

Considering the setting is pretty much post-apoc, I doubt its going to involve Moe as a selling point.

FireChick 2009-11-01 06:31

Quote:

The world doesn't need another Strike Witches--one pantsu loli WWII anime is enough.
Agreed. There's been too much fan-service infested shows infested with undergarment flashes lately. IT NEEDS TO DECLINE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!:frustrated:

Quote:

Considering the setting is pretty much post-apoc, I doubt its going to involve Moe as a selling point.
Agreed. The characters in the show don't really look moe to me anyway, since the characters ages are supposedly from 13-20 something, with the protagonist being about 15 or so.

Westlo 2009-11-01 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi (Post 2736721)
Kannagi and K-on style is pretty similar. But I think it's suppose to look more like Kannagi since the character designer guy worked as a key animator for it.

Yep, and lets not forget that a lot of people thought K-ON was by A-1 because it was similar to Kannagi's style.

einhorn303 2009-11-01 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by plmko (Post 2741982)

You know, Sky Girls also had a post-apocalyptic setting.

Midonin 2009-11-01 14:12

"Moe" seems to be mostly a thing of perspective, and the character designs are cute enough, so the possibility that someone will consider the girls of this series "moe" does exist. But, despite my thoughts on the matter, FireChick proved it is true in the opposite direction. With enough thought put into it, you can also not see moe if you're not particularly looking for it.

In a nutshell: Mind over matter.

Same_Shark 2009-11-03 03:18

Kalafina will be performing the OP called "Hikari no Senritsu"!!

Tempester 2009-11-03 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Same_Shark (Post 2746345)
Kalafina will hbe performing the OP called "Hikari no Senritsu"!!

Knowing the songs they have worked on (Kara no Kyoukai EDs), this news improves the chance of this being a serious series. It didn't seem like a completely moe series to begin with, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn bittersweet, sad, or even sinister or tragic.

FireChick 2009-11-03 18:42

Quote:

Kalafina will hbe performing the OP called "Hikari no Senritsu"!!
YAY!!! I love Kalafina! Especially their song Lacrimosa!:D

Midonin 2009-11-10 00:06

Okay, the title of the OP is indeed correct (though someone on ANN linked to the forum as the source. I question using a third-party source), but I have info on the ED as well.

Haruka Tomatsu will be singing the (currently untitled) ED.

FireChick 2009-11-10 06:18

Quote:

Okay, the title of the OP is indeed correct (though someone on ANN linked to the forum as the source.
That was me. I did that.

Midonin 2009-11-10 07:48

Yeah, third party sources aren't a good idea.

Last Sinner 2009-11-10 19:04

So for staff this has a director who directed Elfen Lied, a screenwriter who had some involvement with Code Geass, an animator who worked on Birdy the Mighty Decode and a composer who was responsible for the Bounen no Xamdou soundtrack?

I was interested in this title 2 months ago. Now knowing this, I'm placing a lot of hope in this. Hopefully this realtively new studio in A-1 Pictures are able to do a good job.

FireChick 2009-11-10 20:14

Quote:

and a composer who was responsible for the Bounen no Xamdou soundtrack?
Oshima also did the soundtracks for FMA, Nabari no Ou, Fancy Lala, etc.! That composer's music is great!:D

Last Sinner 2009-11-12 06:01

The vid posted on page 1 got removed. Here's one that is working and legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ebOXDyhTk

That music is amazing...and yeah, the faces look somewhat like K-ON, but they don't feel anything like they did in K-ON. There was a mix of spirit and solemness to this clip. I'm really looking forward to this now.

Seiyuu info:

Kanata - Aikawa Juri. This is her first role as a seiyuu.
Kureha - Kitamura Eri. Did the voices of Tatiana from Last Exile, Saya from Blood+, Amuria from Simoun. Interesting to see whether she does a bit of a severe voice like Tatiana or a gentler one like some of her more recent work. Liked her Tatiana performance.
Noel - Yuuki Aoi. She did the voice of Murasaki in Kurenai. I liked that performance.
Phylicia - Endou Aya. Voiced Sheryl Nome in Macross F.
Rio - Kobayashi Yuu. Voiced Nice Holystone in Baccano, Shidou in Mariaholic and Handea in Higepiyo.

billborden 2009-11-14 23:22

There's a definite K-On vibe in the art, but it's the music that really intrigues me. A soundtrack is very rarely what attracts me to a show, but I'm really looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Midonin 2009-11-14 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Sinner (Post 2762859)
Kitamura Eri
Yuuki Aoi
Endou Aya
Kobayashi Yuu

You can tell something about a person's travels by who they associate seiyuu with. In my case, when I see these names, the first thing that comes to mind is "Akeno Shiranui", "Budoko", "Itsuki Kannagi" and "Mariya Shidou".

Which probably says a few things about my own tastes, but I try to pick up at least one show in any given season (by accident or by will) that falls outside whatever my usual pool is (that in itself is still not wholly defined).