AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Shirokuma Café (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109927)

MisaoFan 2012-01-26 05:47

Shirokuma Café

Original creator : Aloha Higa
Plot summary : The gag comedy follows the daily life of penguins, grizzly bears, and other animals at a café run by a polar bear.
Note : Higa launched the manga in Monthly Flowers in 2006 as her first published work. Shogakukan published the third volume of the manga in 2010.

The anime will premiere this April.

totoum 2012-01-26 05:53

Wonder if this is the 2nd NoitaminA spring anime

edit: or maybe not since Uchuu Kyoudai seems like another candidate,maybe it takes over for chihayafuru in NTV's timeslot?

I have a hard time imagining a josei airing on something other than NoitaminA or "that unnamed tuesday NTV block"

Katapan 2012-01-26 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3969230)
Wonder if this is the 2nd NoitaminA spring anime

edit: or maybe not since Uchuu Kyoudai seems like another candidate,maybe it takes over for chihayafuru in NTV's timeslot?

I have a hard time imagining a josei airing on something other than NoitaminA or "that unnamed tuesday NTV block"

It does look like noitaminA material, but it can't be because Yamamoto Kouji confirmed that Nakamura Kenji's secret project Tsuritama (probably not the final name, he still refers to it as "Nakamura Kenji new work" on Twitter) would be airing this spring with Sakamichi no Apollon.

So yeah, there are quite a few peculiar series announced for this spring but they can't all end up on the 3 "not necessarily targeting otaku" slots (counting noitaminA as 2). This one is a better candidate for the NTV timeslot since Uchuu Kyoudai is unlikely to get it for sponsor reasons (VAP always produces these series, but Uchuu Kyoudai is on Aniplex's side).

MisaoFan 2012-01-30 15:35

Staff and Air Date announced

totoum 2012-04-01 22:47

Surprised at the lack of interest for this,cast looks pretty epic

Quote:

Takahiro Sakurai as Shirokuma

Aya Endo as Sasako-san
Daisuke Ono as Llama
Hiroshi Kamiya as Penguin
Jun Fukuyama as Panda
Katsuyuki Konishi as Full-time Employee Panda
Kishô Taniyama as Namakemono
Tokuyoshi Kawashima as Lingling
Toshiyuki Morikawa as Panda Mama
Wataru Hatano as Handa-kun
Yūichi Nakamura as Grizzly-san

LKK 2012-04-03 14:35

Crunchyroll will be streaming this series starting April 5 under the title "Polar Bear's Cafe". Polar Bear's Cafe will be available to premium members worldwide except for Japan. Free members will be able to chill out with the show in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden. [Source]

Count me in based on the voice cast alone. :uhoh:

Valky 2012-04-03 14:41

I'm actually looking forward to this.

Pandas, Penguins and Bears. What's not to like?

Utsuro no Hako 2012-04-05 10:28

I haven't been impressed by much so far this season, but this show seems like a keeper. The humor, structure and setting remind me a lot of Working!! -- of course, having Takanashi, Souma and Satou in the cast doesn't hurt. The balance between plot and gags seems just right. Interestingly, the head writer only has one other credit to his name so we'll have to see how well he's able to hold the series together.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-04-05 10:31

Some people may not take it seriously due to the character design but personally, I like it! Such a refreshing change from typical character designs, and the comedy provides a fun watch.

totoum 2012-04-05 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4092193)
Interestingly, the head writer only has one other credit to his name so we'll have to see how well he's able to hold the series together.

Well there is a manga so it's not like the writer is going ahead with no source material.

LKK 2012-04-05 11:06

I thought this was going to be one of those 3 minutes per episode series. But it was a full 24 minutes. A pleasant surprise. Very amusing. I'm so glad they're explaining the puns.

warita 2012-04-05 15:37

This anime is kindo cute. It has a similarly relaxing atmopshere to Natsume Yuujinchou, although the shows have nothing else in common otherwise.

Could be good, but its is hard to say. If I am going to enjoy it, it will be for its calming qualities, but that can easily turn boring.

kan-chan 2012-04-05 16:58

I've just watched the first episode and it 'seems interesting, funny and relaxing after all those thrilling, horroring or simply complicated animes. Despite other similar anime like Poyopoyo, Recorder and Randoseru, Chi'sweet home, every episode is (luckly) a little longer.
Another good point is the seiyu cast expecially Fukuyama and Sakurai but also Kamiya and Konishi
I'm looking forward the next episodes

Kirarakim 2012-04-05 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by warita (Post 4092542)
This anime is kindo cute. It has a similarly relaxing atmopshere to Natsume Yuujinchou, although the shows have nothing else in common otherwise.

Could be good, but its is hard to say. If I am going to enjoy it, it will be for its calming qualities, but that can easily turn boring.

Well they both star Kamiyan (he plays the penguin here)

Anyways cute first ep. I am not sure if the novelty will wear off but I did enjoy it.

The lazy Panda was especially funny, I especially like the job he ended up finding. :heh:

ars89 2012-04-05 19:54

That was just simple fun.

FaiEatsRainbows 2012-04-05 19:58

I just watched the first episode. At first, I was not too sure about it, but I actually really liked it.
It's so cute! and I love Panda! I'll definitely be keeping up with this one!

sa547 2012-04-05 23:34

Gonna check this out. Could be one of the nice goofy sleepers that I'm looking for. :D

Akarin 2012-04-06 06:43

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

sa547 2012-04-06 07:32

LOL'd hard on this. Pretty light and funny, so it's a show just right enough to kick off the shoes and relax.

Best thing is, it includes Aya Endo. :D

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-04-06 10:26

I bet the VAs have lots of fun voicing the characters. I couldn't stop laughing when I imagined the look on their faces.