AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sakurasou (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Sakurasou - Character Discussion - Aoyama Nanami (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116160)

Pellissier 2012-11-11 04:14

Sakurasou - Character Discussion - Aoyama Nanami

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Aoyama Nanami related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=48506
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Sakurasou fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Arturia Polaris 2012-11-13 05:19

Such a stubborn girl... I love it! :P

She's the keeper of the series if you ask me.

Arty

Mubyoshi 2012-11-13 05:55

Hm, am I the only one here that actually likes her even more when she's using her Kansai dialect?

Dauerlutscher 2012-11-13 07:21

So has she stopped with being extremely meddling and pushy?

totoum 2012-11-13 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher (Post 4436996)
So has she stopped with being extremely meddling and pushy?

I would say so,considering the way she broke down,I was quite touched by her "call me stupid, call me an idiot,just laugh at me" line.

Dauerlutscher 2012-11-13 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4437001)
I would say so,considering the way she broke down,I was quite touched by her "call me stupid, call me an idiot,just laugh at me" line.

I hope that is true. Would make her by far less annoying and make her likeable.

Methuselah 2012-11-20 14:14

Someone who is beautiful, hardworking, ambitious, arrogant yet willing to admit and listen, works many jobs and goes to school. It sounds like someone I once knew and grew infatuated with.

My type of gal.

She can be such a wonderful character once she softens up with her struggles.

Triple_R 2012-11-29 17:59

For me, she's a very likeable character.

A shy tsundere that's heavy on the dere, with impressive industriousness, and a great "girl next door" look. She gives this eccentric cast something of a "straightman" while still being distinctive enough in her own right to stand out well.

I don't have a huge favorite in the love triangle, but I do lean towards her.

NoemiChan 2012-11-29 18:01

I love Nanami above all the girls in the anime probably because of the tied hair. I want to hug her. I still wish for her to end up with the MC but that will not likely to happen...

Chaos2Frozen 2012-11-29 20:23

If Mashiro is the one that pushes him forward, then Nanami is the one who keeps things grounded and familiar for Sorata and is his 'break' away from all the crazy antics that keeps thrown his way. In a place were everyone follows their own set of laws, she's the one person that has any commonly accepted sense :heh: Even the other guys of Sakurasou doesn't cut him any slack and never fails to tease and messed with him :heh: This is made very obvious when you listen to the audio drama where Sorata fell sick- Nanami was the only one that didn't immediately made fun of him.

However, Nanami does have a bad side which we've all seen and that she can get pretty naggy and confrontational at times- The Anime did a great job mitigating it after the first few episodes involving her. Hopefully they can do that for the up coming story arc.

I think one of the major factors that makes both Mashiro and Nanami so likeable is that unlike other romantic interest, both of them actually care about the Protagonist as more than just a love partner- Sure there's still that, but they do it mostly because they want what's best for him, and not so that he would show affections to them. What's more, their entire lives does not rotate around just Sorata- they each have their own dreams to work towards.

ThereminVox 2012-11-29 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4456018)
I love Nanami above all the girls in the anime probably because of the tied hair. I want to hug her. I still wish for her to end up with the MC but that will not likely to happen...

She has the misfortune of being the (relatively) normal, diligent girl in a genre where most MCs would rather dash right past her in order to court the freeloading headcase hanging upside down from a telephone line with her skirt up over her head.

Like others have said, I don't have any any strong preference for her over Mashiro in the love triangle, they're both good characters, and it's not as if Nanami doesn't have her zany moments too. But it's still going to be heartbreaking when things reach the inevitable conclusion.

Will O' The Wisp 2012-12-01 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThereminVox (Post 4456177)
She has the misfortune of being the (relatively) normal, diligent girl in a genre where most MCs would rather dash right past her in order to court the freeloading headcase hanging upside down from a telephone line with her skirt up over her head.

Like others have said, I don't have any any strong preference for her over Mashiro in the love triangle, they're both good characters, and it's not as if Nanami doesn't have her zany moments too. But it's still going to be heartbreaking when things reach the inevitable conclusion.

Tis a Pretty True Statement bout The MCs' usual preferences. Meh, you'd think the girl with such a large head start might have had better chances with Kanda.

Insane 2012-12-21 10:51

Poor thing she’s the secondary female lead, even though her helpful and sweet persona match perfectly with sorata IMO, and i could already guess they always get the short end of the stick.

kivredia 2012-12-21 13:05

Its actually pretty realistic that the MCs don't pick the "normal" girl. Most people also never pick the normal guy/girl irl. No one wants normal, okay, no risk, safe or summarized boring relationships.

People want the girl or boy who is exciting, crazy, new, awesome, funny, over the top who makes your life a roller coaster ride where you can't catch your breath. Cause in the end this person might slow down a little when they grow older and you have a good balance between crazy and normal. On the other hand people who you would call "normal" will always be just that.

Besides, Nanami has a couple of characteristics which are quite literally annoying as hell.

frivolity 2012-12-21 17:45

^That's a very big assertion to make, especially given the very different cultural outlook that Japan has with the concept of Yamato Nadeshikos.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-12-21 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by frivolity (Post 4484749)
^That's a very big assertion to make, especially given the very different cultural outlook that Japan has with the concept of Yamato Nadeshikos.

Yamato Nadeshikos aren't normal girls... If anything they're super girls.

frivolity 2012-12-21 18:18

I'm aware of that, but the point I was making is that the previous assertion about how nobody wants a real-life relationship with a person who isn't crazy and exciting is a very questionable one.

NoemiChan 2012-12-21 18:28

People have different taste... And I love the taste of Nanami... Got a problem?:D

kivredia 2012-12-21 18:32

I'm assuming most of the people who post in a English forum etc. are individuals who live in a western culture so the mc basically behaves like most people in that community. Honestly, people who are lets say 16-25 won't pick the "rational" choice if they are offered both.

Not commenting on what the Japanese audience is thinking.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-12-21 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kivredia (Post 4484794)
I'm assuming most of the people who post in a English forum etc. are individuals who live in a western culture so the mc basically behaves like most people in that community. Honestly, people who are lets say 16-25 won't pick the "rational" choice if they are offered both.

I think it's even more questionable if a person picks a lover base on what's beneficial and rational rather than what they feel.

And I'm pretty sure in real life, not many people can stand eccentric... At least not for long unless you're naturally on the same wavelength.