AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81360)

Pellissier 2009-05-07 02:41

K-On! - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for K-On!, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-05-07 05:11

Time to hit the proving ground in a manner of speaking. I'm not looking for another Linda Linda Linda tribute akin to God Knows like many others so much as I am looking for K-On to perhaps make something of itself as a music anime via the concert sequence that it can then call it's own......or at least for the girls to prove they have the heart to give it 110%. "Don't say lazy" right? That's the motto of the anime. Now it's time to put it to the test. If everything goes well then the total failure to show the steady improvement of the girls up until this point in any sort of fashion (let alone logical) could be somewhat forgiven.

Going to be focusing on audio with this one long before whatever they've got lined up for animation. Can't say I have terribly high hopes for anything extra special, but I believe this should be a solid episode given that it's the halfway point and the debut.

ReddyRedWolf 2009-05-07 12:30

I must say Mio is kawaii in this ep.

Spoiler for That was different and unexpected:

Next ep Christmas ep with Ui.

LoweGear 2009-05-07 12:32

kenjiharima 2009-05-07 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 2382608)

AH!!! FINALLY THE ONE THING I'VE been looking forward too. 10/10

also

darkchibi07 2009-05-07 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 2382608)

Spoiler for ep. 6:

LoweGear 2009-05-07 13:10

Someone sure stitched this fast:

:love::love::love:

AnimeTheme 2009-05-07 13:39

OMG PANTY SHOT!!!

sinner0 2009-05-07 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeTheme (Post 2382714)
OMG PANTY SHOT!!!

The first thing appear in my mind when open the spoiler is....Argentina flag?:heh:

serenade_beta 2009-05-07 14:54

Spoiler for ep6:

deffusse 2009-05-07 17:29

geeez:rolleyes:
Spoiler for ep6:

Proto 2009-05-07 17:54

yay :D

Spoiler for this episode:

Certainly this episode is not 'epic' as some people might want it to be, but it you know your genre you will be pleasantly surprised.

Key Board 2009-05-07 18:33

I certainly wasn't expecting another God Knows from Haruhi

but this definitely didn't match up to the Ending or the Opening
I blame the song and the cheesy (but not amusing) music video

Is the Krauser effect?

Ie: When he writes edgy songs he's awesome, but when the song is sweet and fluffy he sucks

Sheba 2009-05-07 18:41

The problem is that sugary girly j-pop is not to everyone's tastes. Mine first. :D

(more a Fields of the Nephilim listener and too many, including Opeth, to list here)

EDIT: Am I the only one who thought Thelma & Louise when viewing the MTV-style music video?

hamstar 2009-05-07 18:48

i really hated the music video and also the song itself was bad... I'm sure they'll have better ones later on.

Proto 2009-05-07 18:53

Geez. How much clearer could it have been? Did you just wanted for Yui to shout 'HEY! THIS IS A JOKE! YOU CAN LAUGH HERE BTW! HOHOHOHO'. Because that was just what her *cough* voice, obviously amateurish music video and cheesy lyrics told me. That thing just threaded the fine line between being deadpan and slapstick. And it worked for me, I was just laughing out the whole way. :p

Midonin 2009-05-07 18:55

The song was the one written by Mio in the manga (just with an instrumental backing to it), and her taste in songs was exactly what was given. Heavy on the sweetness. That said, I liked the spontaneous music video. It made the episode fun, for much the same reason as Ritsu's over-the-top speeching in the music room. It was fun.

Fran~ 2009-05-07 19:22

2 words for the video:

Driver's High!!!

Sheba 2009-05-07 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proto (Post 2383057)
Geez. How much clearer could it have been? Did you just wanted for Yui to shout 'HEY! THIS IS A JOKE! YOU CAN LAUGH HERE BTW! HOHOHOHO'. Because that was just what her *cough* voice, obviously amateurish music video and cheesy lyrics told me. That thing just threaded the fine line between being deadpan and slapstick. And it worked for me, I was just laughing out the whole way. :p

I knew what to expect from the 4koma but I sure recall people talking as if they wanted the dream team of Petrucci, Hellhammer, Wakeman and (late) Burton.

Fenrir_valindri 2009-05-07 19:42

It was a fun episode, but it didn't have quite the kick to it the past few episodes have had for me, especially compared to last episode, but it wasn't bad either.

The music video thingy caught me by surprise, but Yui's background vocals kind of messed with it a bit (intentional I'm sure).

Still a good episode overall. :heh: