AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tales of the Abyss (Archive) (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Tales of the Abyss - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78592)

monir 2009-02-28 00:49

Tales of the Abyss - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Tales of the Abyss, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

NoLongerSane 2009-02-28 02:45

A very good episode to watch.
Spoiler for Episode 22:

yolin.shana 2009-02-28 03:50

Very moving episode ;_;

serenade_beta 2009-02-28 06:10

Yabeee...... :heh: The art cracked up in a way that cracked me up... Especially obvious is Luke near the beginning (forgot exactly where) and when Asch ran up to the group.
Everyone, pause while he is running. You'll see one priceless cut... :heh::heh::heh:

Spoiler for ep22:

yuki87 2009-03-04 19:20

Sub just came out, great episode. Poor Tear... I hope Luke doesn't end up disappearing at the end of this series. Hrmm, I don't really care for Dist much so I didn't mind that fight going lolfast.

Shiroth 2009-03-04 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2242396)
Spoiler for ep22:

Spoiler for Episode 22:

Really looking forward to seeing how this one will end. Especially after the last scene in this episode.

Deathkillz 2009-03-06 19:32

Finally caught up? Phew ;)

Poor Dist...he should have gone off with more of a bang :heh:

FlareKnight 2009-03-07 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2242396)
Yabeee...... :heh: The art cracked up in a way that cracked me up... Especially obvious is Luke near the beginning (forgot exactly where) and when Asch ran up to the group.
Everyone, pause while he is running. You'll see one priceless cut... :heh::heh::heh:

Spoiler for ep22:

Well don't think its because the replicas are all just really nice. They really don't have much of a choice than to comply with Asch's plan. They are all replicas of dead people so they aren't going to be happily accepted by people. Plus their purpose was just cut away after being told they were abandoned. They have nowhere to go and no feeling of purpose. All they have left is to sacrifice themselves so that the others will be given somewhere to live. Really it's about necessity than just being good people.

Well anyways managed to catch up and put down my thoughts on this one.

Shiroth 2009-03-07 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2256599)
Poor Dist...he should have gone off with more of a bang :heh:

After certain events we've seen in this show, and you're telling me you actually think he's gone for good? :heh:

serenade_beta 2009-03-07 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 2257486)
Well don't think its because the replicas are all just really nice. They really don't have much of a choice than to comply with Asch's plan. They are all replicas of dead people so they aren't going to be happily accepted by people. Plus their purpose was just cut away after being told they were abandoned. They have nowhere to go and no feeling of purpose. All they have left is to sacrifice themselves so that the others will be given somewhere to live. Really it's about necessity than just being good people.

So in other words, they decided to sacrifice themselves for the others, right? Not much difference than being "good people"... They could have done other horrible things even after losing everything (actually happens, no? Negative feelings-->crimes), but they all decided to die instead of it. Not any real necessity. No one is going to know they are replicas, they can make an excuse, etc. They can do plenty of things to at least try to get a lifestyle, but they didn't.
Though I guess you mean basically, that in other words, they were all suicidal and tried to use their meaningless life for others (=good people)

Deathkillz 2009-03-07 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2257488)
After certain events we've seen in this show, and you're telling me you actually think he's gone for good? :heh:

If Arietta comes back (NOT as a replica) then I would agree with you :rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2257495)
So in other words, they decided to sacrifice themselves for the others, right? Not much difference than being "good people"... They could have done other horrible things even after losing everything (actually happens, no? Negative feelings-->crimes), but they all decided to die instead of it. Not any real necessity. No one is going to know they are replicas, they can make an excuse, etc. They can do plenty of things to at least try to get a lifestyle, but they didn't.
Though I guess you mean basically, that in other words, they were all suicidal and tried to use their meaningless life for others (=good people)

Rather than the replicas sacrificing themselves for the people of the world, they actually did it for their own brethren since they are aware that they are replicas themselves who should have no place in this world.

SkoolRumble4Ya 2009-03-08 16:15

That sucks for the replicas all ten thousand of them died. It's pretty sad Luke is also going to pass away for the greater good.

Cyz 2009-03-10 18:35

Lol! Feel Jade's wrath :heh:. It's still funny how the subs put one of those fonic artes names at the top :heehee:.

Foreshadow 2009-03-10 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2252066)
Spoiler for Episode 22:

Really looking forward to seeing how this one will end. Especially after the last scene in this episode.

Spoiler for Preview:

I liked the Episode overall, especially Jade > everyone else
^^