AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kanon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kanon - 2006 - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37220)

Catgirls 2006-10-11 21:19

Kanon - 2006 - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Catgirls 2006-10-11 21:22

The episode hasn't aired yet. The thread is up early for everyone to discussion their expectations, hopes & desires for Episode 2.

Mahou’s Showtime Page | Fall Anime Schedule (credit: Kaoru Chujo) | Date&Time.com (time conversion)

Q. When does Kanon air?

A. Fridays at 1:00 AM (Japan time)

Click on the "Date&Time.com" link above to convert to your time-zone.

SpaceDrake 2006-10-12 01:01

Hopefully we get some hairband action in #2. It's been implied.

Cyz 2006-10-12 06:54

Spoiler:

Shiroth 2006-10-12 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz (Post 704290)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

panzerfan 2006-10-12 07:22

Well, if we're moving beyond day 2 of the game, things do come at you faster. I would assume that Kyuichi will be dealing with some of these things next.

orion 2006-10-12 10:35

Spoiler:

1 hour 30 minutes to go.

relentlessflame 2006-10-12 14:35

Well, episode 2 had a lot of nice moments in it. In fact, that's probably the way I'd describe it: a string of nice events. It's not so dramatically different from Toei's episode 2, really, but had some nice touches. In terms of execution of the key scenes themselves, I liked it, but it definitely feels (for better or worse) like a visual novel, jumping from one key scene to the next (it didn't help that most of the scenes were short, so there wasn't one all-encompassing story for the episode).

Spoiler:
All in all, it continues to be a well-executed but straightforward take on the story. I liked it.

Deathkillz 2006-10-12 14:39

ooh 2nd installment of kanon...i wonder whts gona happen :rolleyes: must resist clicking on spoilers :heh:

dxgarten 2006-10-12 15:18

Episode 02 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

orion 2006-10-12 16:10

Remember guys, no clicking on the spoilers until you've watched the episode. :heh:

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-12 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 704718)
Well, episode 2 had a lot of nice moments in it. In fact, that's probably the way I'd describe it: a string of nice events.... In terms of execution of the key scenes themselves, I liked it, but it definitely feels (for better or worse) like a visual novel, jumping from one key scene to the next....All in all, it continues to be a well-executed but straightforward take on the story. I liked it.

Quoted for total agreement. At first, I was a little neutral about everything but the animation. The snow through the slanted window was brilliant, but I was seeing everything as just pale set-up for what is to come. But then Kyuuichi's voice started to work for me, some introductions and foreshadowings hit home. And Ayu got her little mitts on my heart. The tree-tackle worked great. GJ Horie Yui and animators.

dkellis 2006-10-12 16:22

Mm, well, personally I love this episode, but then I love slice-of-life anyway, and that's what this episode pretty much is. I can imagine someone else being completely bored by it.

It's full of little amusing moments and nice touches, which make it for me. Objectively speaking, though, nothing much really happens here. (At least until near the end.)

Sushi-Y 2006-10-12 19:25

秋子さんジャムネタキター :heh:

I was looking forward to the alarm clock scene, and they (or rather, Sugita-san) didn't disappoint. *falsetto* うるさ~~~い!!:heh:

Even for gamers, who already know what's coming, watching this really makes you appreciate the amount of details and effort Kyoani has placed into making this anime. It's almost touching to see all those scenes from a game with only still images and text brought to life in animation.

There's not much else to say, but I enjoyed watching the Yuuichi x Ayu comedy again :heh: Ahh the memories.

Next episode is going to be great with Makopi- :heh:

Oh yeah, when Kaori said "That was a surprisingly normal self-introduction" and Kyo-, I mean, Yuuichi said "If there's a self-introduction that's not normal, I'd like to see it", the word HARUHI totally flashed across my mind. :heh:

Cyz 2006-10-12 19:35

These are another set of screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.

Spoiler:

Omniscient 2006-10-12 19:51

Thanks for posting the link Cyz, beat me to it :)

Spoiler:

Leo_Otaku 2006-10-12 21:10

The alarm clock scene was great XD so highly enjoyable.

The jam one was good too.

On another note poor Jun gets no love ^-^

mikemil828 2006-10-12 21:14

I think I noticed a blooper when

Spoiler:

KenOhki'sRage 2006-10-12 21:28

Oh my goodness. More Nayuki cuteness, more Ayu cuteness and now SHIIIIIOOOOORRRIIIIIIII I'm excited. Shiori is by far the prettiest and sweetest of the girls, I'm so glad she got some screen time.

I'm playing the game this week and it's so incredible that all the scenes are straight from the game. Nayuki's room is perfect, her giant clock was great!

I feel bad giving perfect 10s out so much but I just can't help it.

Oh my goodness "Jyamu wa nan da?" is so funny. I was laughing so much my roommate came to check on me. :P

Edit:

Spoiler for shiori:

Shiroth 2006-10-12 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y (Post 704970)
Even for gamers, who already know what's coming, watching this really makes you appreciate the amount of details and effort Kyoani has placed into making this anime. It's almost touching to see all those scenes from a game with only still images and text brought to life in animation.

True-true, it gives us a chance to re-live those past memories from first every playing the game, & yes.. i can still remember my first play through the game like it was yesterday.. so, so many years ago. :3

Anyway, second episode was just as enjoying as the first. Pretty much all i was gonna say as been said - so i think i'll have another re-watch of it before i get some sleep-sleep~