AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [PS3/360/WiiU] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97564)

Westlo 2010-09-18 06:46

[PS3/360/WiiU] Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Holy shit the fighting game renaissance continues!

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31496

lol @ Lily and Asuka @ the end, considering they were my sub and main in T6 respectively that's probably mt\y tag team. Pretty damn hyped for this since Tekken Tag was my fav Tekken.. spent so much on the arcade unit @ my Uni for this back in the day.

Info from neogaf, no source provided.

Quote:

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 General Info:

As everyone knows… The previously announced Street Fighter X TEKKEN and TEKKEN X Street Fighter titles are part of an overall “Fighting Game Festival.” But, the first title in the “festival” is announced today (at TOUGEKI)… TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2. Tentatively scheduled for a Summer 2011 arcade release in Japan.

TEKKEN fans are in for a real treat as the order of releases for games will be:

1. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
2. Street Fighter X TEKKEN
3. TEKKEN X Street Fighter

Today’s teaser trailer is in-game footage, not CG. It might look similar to TEKKEN 6, but the graphics engine has been tweaked/improved to support up to 4 characters on screen at once. The character models were redone from TEKKEN 6 moving onward to TTT2.

TTT2 will follow the same control scheme as the original Tekken Tag Tournament: One stick for movement and 5 action buttons. As seen in the teaser, there will be tag combos involving both characters tagging in and out-in succession to complete multi-hit combos/juggles. Walled stages remain and breakable walls/floors are still in the game. New mechanics and stage features will also be implemented. As seen in the trailer, there are some possible unique attacks depending on the character teams that are chosen (Ex. Jin & Asuka).

Several characters are featured in the trailer, but the character lineup will not be announced for some time

SonOfHeaven 2010-09-18 06:59

This is great news. TTT is one of my favorite arcade fighting games of all time. Hopefully Jun makes it in so I'll have Kazuya and Jun as my team again. Along with Anna and Nina.

Add TTT2 along with MvC3, I'm set. Hopefully KOF XIII and VFFS gets a console release date soon.

Lenneth4 2010-09-18 08:43

Tekken is so awesome!!
i love the combo at 0 '51 , crazy!

and tekken 7 will follow!

piratesof 2010-09-19 03:15

Amazing, Namco has blew me again:D
There will be many more combo combination, coz they can switch out fairly easy

lol at lili and asuka at the end:heh:

Lenneth4 2010-09-19 12:26

tekken is the best fighting game

GuidoHunter_Toki 2010-09-19 13:16

I still love and play Tekken Tag 1 so this was a pleasing announcement. I was starting to think they'd never release another one.

kyosak 2010-09-19 13:18

Tekken x Street Fighter has got nothing on this!!!
Can't wait for this game!!!

colorles 2010-09-19 18:26

Tekken Tag Tournament was amazing (albeit Tekken 3 is my favorite due to nostalgia), lets hope this one follows suit

~ Lawliet ~ 2010-09-19 20:39

Has been a while since last played the PS2 Tag Tournament now.
Should be good.

kenjiharima 2010-09-22 21:32

looks like a young Heihachi will be the boss.
Weird though I thought Leo was after Kazuya not working for him.

Force team up. Lily and Asuka.

My team will be Paul and Steve!

Edge Meltdown 2010-09-23 13:11

If possible, my team would Gon and Jin. Otherwise, it would be Law and Hwoarang. Btw, is Dr. B going to be playable here?

Ryonea 2010-10-23 13:54

Jun might have a comeback after all:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/23...-tekken-again/

Westlo 2010-10-23 15:41

Jun's a no brainer for Tekken Tag 2, it's just the two crossover titles where she would have a hard time getting in due to her overlap with Asuka.

Ryonea 2010-10-23 19:00

That's the concern of most fans too, but I think something will be worked on her. So far, I think Tekken has made good efforts on differentiating the movesets for the same martial arts practitioners. The Mishimas, for example. The movesets between Jin, Heihachi, Devil Jin, and Kazuya became more distinct since Tekken 4 up to now. :)

Hopefully she won't be a pallette swap of Asuka ^^;

momobunny 2010-10-23 21:03

I'm so glad that she's being considered... but at the same time, if she ended up not making it into the game this announcement would lead to a bigger case of disappointment more than anything. I hope she's added into the game, I miss Jun.

aeriolewinters 2010-10-23 21:25

I'd wish for a full return though. but It's impossible to do that now -_-

Westlo 2010-10-23 21:34

I would like a mini revamp for Jun when she comes back in though, not as major a rescale as say Tekken 3 Jin to Tekken 4 but enough to differentiate her from Asuka quite a bit while still being similar.

kenjiharima 2010-11-07 08:46

From Harada

Sneak Peak on the Gameplay of Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Interview

Ryonea 2010-11-07 19:43

^ Can't wait for that XD good to see that there's some kind of assist break. And IMO they should lower the juggle damage or increase the life bar.

Never played the first TTT before, but how do we pull a combo with 2 characters simultaneously? or it could only be done with a compatible pairing?

kenjiharima 2010-11-08 08:23

The "Assist Break", like he said needs timing. I think the health bars are higher now, though I dunno about the juggles though and the wall combos seems very damaging to me most especially when both players are ganging up on an opponent.

The previous TTT game Bruce Irvine was a monster! He had too much cheap moves and needed to be rebalanced. The good fact is that Bruce had low Stamina to balance his cheapness, but still cheap as hell before. As for the combo's you cannot simultaneously be with your partner in the first TTT, but there are special tag assist like Paul and Law/Jin and Jun/King and Armor King and the generic tag in tag out, you can also attack using punch buttons for a dive and kick for a sliding sweep. Not sure if that engine is still present in TTT2.

Anyways Iam awaiting the storyline here on previous TTT all stories are non canon. Questionable though on some characters.