AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Freezing [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67079)

Magin 2009-02-27 12:16

Note to self- actually READ the RAWs (I have a bunch of other already translated stuff I still need to read, hence why I'm behind on this...)

and yes, Aoi needs to be GAR... his GARness + Bridget's tsundereness = absolute win

... we're talking near R+V levels of win here. Which reminds me, would it be a good guess to say this series is monthly?

X207 2009-02-27 12:41

i did find the vol2 raw pics, though the ddl link was broken. you just have to check some common manga sites.

kujoe 2009-02-27 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiNA (Post 2240337)
But Satelizer stil ownz .. in tsundere department at least :D

And face department ... and 3 sizes ..

Ah screw it, Satelizer ownz.. Because KiNA says so :D

Yeah, tsundere plus gar... that has to be a new moe formula or something. :heh:

I can see this having a chance of being adapted into an anime one day. I just hope they won't mess with it, like say, what was done to Kurokami...

Tempest35 2009-02-27 14:56

It's a pretty good chance that it's monthly - the art level and the number of pages lends itself to that but this is a Korean manwha. The fact that it's being translated into Japanese already (18 chapters) is a very good sign. No doubt the manwha is many more chapters ahead of this so hopefully we can get a Korean RAW provider soon...but with Aflame Inferno hitting such a large snag, chances of that happening are very low.

Newprimus 2009-02-27 17:44

@ Tempest35:

Freezing is written and drawn by Koreans but is serialized originally in a Japanese magazine, so kinda hard to say it's being translated into Japanese cause it's released originally in Japanese (it's translated from Korean to Japanese during production of course).

So no, there is no Korean raw provider cause this thing originally releases in Japanese.

And besides, no Korean worth their rampant nationalism would dare make a Japanese the main lead. :D

Now Aflame Inferno is serialized in a Korean magazine, so that's 100% manhwa.

The reason why both series seem slow on releases would be cause the author and artist work on so many major serializations at once it's a miracle they've managed to keep up and not die of exhaustion. Maybe they've got legions of assistants.

Tempest35 2009-02-27 18:23

Well, if that's the case, the fact that they are keeping the Korean characters for the sound effects seems a bit odd...:twitch:

Shadow Kira01 2009-02-27 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova (Post 2241446)
Now Aflame Inferno is serialized in a Korean magazine, so that's 100% manhwa.

I had been wondering for a long time now. So, manhwa is the Korean version of Japanese manga? I had seen the term "manhwa" all over the places.

kujoe 2009-02-27 19:24

Well, maybe "Korean version of manga" isn't the right way of describing it. Manga and manhwa simply mean printed cartoons or comics in their respective language.

While both are comparable with each other, the main difference is that manga reads from right to left while manhwa is read from left to right.

Bonta Kun 2009-02-27 22:51

right am I the only one that thinks the dude's(yea I've fortgotten the names, been awhile) "garness" comes in way too late regarding the part where that lass is shot in the leg.
Yea ok I don't know what exactly is going on, there might be some profound reason for not lifting a finger against them scum but if there is a reason it doesn't click with me at all.

Why wait till the lass is shot before making your move.......I know its to give us our "situation" but damn I hate when that happens

clearly the lad can pwn on quite a big scale, why let any harm come to his friends or himself?!

this rather meh scene puts me at odds on how "gar" the lead is

and no I won't accept hes going all gar after, to look all cool in front of the lass and save the day:eyebrow:

and yes I know its our typical shouen fluff but I don't really want to think that about this series -__- altho now that I think about it it has been very typical shouen fluff from the start -_________-

kujoe 2009-02-28 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 2241947)
Why wait till the lass is shot before making your move.......I know its to give us our "situation" but damn I hate when that happens

Well, they were fighting back. That is, until one of them was taken as a hostage.

Tempest35 2009-02-28 05:49

The guys - the Limiters - 'can't' use the Freezing field unless they are with their particular partner. Aoi is different from normal Limiters in that he wasn't even officially set up with a Pandora and he can still break and counter freezing fields basically on his own. The fact that he could 'freeze' normal humans and leave his friends unaffected by the field in itself is pretty damn impressive.

X207 2009-02-28 11:10

did he officially become her limiter?
Spoiler:

Tempest35 2009-02-28 11:34

I don't think so yet - he's 'unofficially' her limiter - the other girls/Pandoras know that he wants to be Bridget's limiter (and thus off-limits) and that she's more or less dragging her feet to it because of her 'issues' :heh:.
I think that's why Dana caused so much of a stir with Bridget since she wanted Aoi to become her Limiter instead (impressed by the GAR, his ability and all).

Magin 2009-02-28 12:10

... and it's those issues that make Bridget such a cute tsundere. Can anyone forget the blanket scene? She's the perfect mixture of moe, tsundere and sexiness... and Aoi with his GARness is just perfect for her

X207 2009-02-28 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magin (Post 2242827)
... and it's those issues that make Bridget such a cute tsundere. Can anyone forget the blanket scene? She's the perfect mixture of moe, tsundere and sexiness... and Aoi with his GARness is just perfect for her

and thats why rana lost the war :D. if she came earlier on in the manga then she'd have a better chance.

Tempest35 2009-02-28 12:40

Rana's not the type to give up...:heh: And frankly, I don't want her to. She's got a fearless spunkiness to her that fits well to her. And she's cute in her own right. :D

X207 2009-02-28 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest35 (Post 2242862)
Rana's not the type to give up...:heh: And frankly, I don't want her to. She's got a fearless spunkiness to her that fits well to her. And she's cute in her own right. :D

me neither but she wont gain enough ground to get satelizer off of him.

Newhope 2009-02-28 13:03

Who's saying he can't have two Pandora athough they'll probably be at each others throat all the time.:bash:

Tempest35 2009-02-28 13:05

Would Aoi want Satellizer 'off of him'? :naughty: And Aoi will be the first Limiter with two Pandoras. Let all the appropiate jokes of him being able to satisfy both women start....XD

X207 2009-02-28 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhope (Post 2242899)
Who's saying he can't have two Pandora athough they'll probably be at each others throat all the time.:bash:

that would be amusing, a shy tsundere and an open pandora fighting over thier limiter. though it could be rivalry like seikirei ie tsukumi and his 1st sekirei.