AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Kotetsushin JEEG (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42228)

Nightengale 2007-01-27 08:13

Kotetsushin JEEG

Another Super Robot legend for the new generation : Steel God JEEG

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/image/20070126_20_01.jpg

Genre : Hot Blooded Mecha with Robots and Haniwas. Possibly dark-themed?

Release Date : Thursday, April 5th 2007 premiering at WOWOW.

ANN JEEG Page

Synopsis : Taking place 50 years after the original JEEG with an new central cast, the reemergence of the once-defeated clay haniwa robots brings Kenji Kusanagi to helm Kotetsushin Jeeg and fight the reborn evil.

Needless to say, I'm excited at the prospects of the new Jeeg. Especially one that is directed by Jun Kawagoe. He knows how to inject atmosphere into his works, and his works on the Getter Robo(s) were quite good. And if the image art is anything to go by, I'm not surprised if JEEG goes the approach of Getter : Armageddon/SG vs NG into a darker feel.

2007 is proving to be an awesome year.

monir 2007-01-27 14:13

A bit more information on this title: The animation production for this series is listed as ACTAS. I've seen Tactical Roar and the animation is much much to be desired for. On the bright side, there were a plenty of fanservice in that show and a pretty decent romance theme. Kawagoe Jun is going to be the director and Ogawa Hiroshi is the character designer whose recent contribution in the similar category is in Innocent Venus.

Shinndou 2007-01-27 18:26

Man, I'm so looking forward to this. Kotetsu no Jeeg was one of the first anime I watched back in the 80's when I was a lil' brat, hehe. Also Jeeg's OP song still remains one of the best and most catchy ones I've ever heard, in my opinion. I hope they'll preserve OP, somehow. :)

Shinji103 2007-01-27 18:39

A new Jeeg anime??!! OMG! :D

Bring on the new Dragonar, Layzner, and Yamato series-es!!!! :love:

Shinndou 2007-01-27 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 813976)
A new Jeeg anime??!! OMG! :D

Bring on the new Dragonar, Layzner, and Yamato series-es!!!! :love:

This year is really getting crowded with all these remakes. I really hope Jeeg's one will be good becayse it's probably my most favorite super-robot series along with Voltes V (not counting Gundam and Macross in because they're more kind of a serious mecha show).

Nightengale 2007-02-04 18:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3gewCqMFMw

40 second trailer. Made of BADASS and RETRO.

Animation-wise, it looks much more promising than Tactical Roar to say the least. The animation is nothing outstanding by today's standards, but the animation for one looks to be quite sleek and the colours, while generic in pallete looks good enough for the atmosphere they're going at. Though, specifically, it is just the gattai~ sequence of JEEG, so naturally it has to be done tastefully... It even has the post-gattai THUNDER scene. Class. Can't remember the last time I saw those.

I'm loving the music. It's so SUPER-ROBOTISH retro, with the whole BAM BAM BAM BAM DUM DUM DUM thing of the 70s, it's so damn pleasing to the ears especially when in comparison with the more generic J-Pop I've heard.

BRING IT ON~!

Shinji103 2007-02-04 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 822532)

Ahhhhhh, old school! So nice to see you again! :love:

Shinndou 2007-02-04 19:51

Hmm. Yeah it's nice, although the gattai sequence is different from the original where Hiroshi litterally becomes the head of Jeeg through a metamorphosis. Well, still looking forward to this for sure.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-02-04 23:32

The trailer makes it look like it will be better than the original even. Plus the original theme song is playing in the background as well. OH I AM GOING TO ENJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:D :D :D :D I had hoped for this mecha revival thing to come along since 2005, and had almost given up hope that Sugar Sweet Moe stories were going to trample out anything I held sacred in anime. Now even the series that would have bored me with there Moe aspects are taking strides to have a broader appeal and ultimately intrigue me, with series such as Idolmaster Xenoglossia, Kyoshiro To Towa Sora and Venus Versus Virus. I'm sure even those people who never experienced the solid mecha stories of the 80's and think that a mecha series can't be anything, but violence and action, and could never have an interesting plot, will come around eventually this year, despite their misplaced apprehensions. I mean there is no precedent in recent years for what is happening now and back in the 80's people thought the same thing as well until they were proven wrong with Mobile Suit Gundam. The cycle is merely beginning anew for the next generation of viewers who never had that experience.

Oh my god am I smiling without apprehension. Anybody who's interested in the theme song can talk to me about it by the way via PM. Also, Nightengale taking the shot at the generic idol sugar sweet J-Pop that I've been suffering through, made my day. I think the worst of the "Happy Happy, Love Love, Special Ai No Beam, Cherry Pie, Cherry Ice, Follow your dream because I want only your happiness!" craze is over though.

<Turn X> 2007-02-05 00:24

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD

That trailer was WIN!

I am so looking forward to Jeeg's remake.

Shinndou 2007-02-05 10:23

By the way, there's still no official website for this, right? I wish I could find the PV somewhere else and download it. :[

sirtao 2007-02-09 17:43

here comes the Official Website(no video, though)
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/jeeg/

Nightengale 2007-02-09 20:28

WTF? WTF?

Everyone, am I seeing what I'm seeing at the top-left hand corner of the promo picture?

Teh original JEEG head!? Or is it Black JEEG!?

:love:

Terrestrial Dream 2007-02-09 21:13

This seems interesting since I never watched Kotesu Jeeg because of it's age. Since all robot anime I watched are from mid 80's to early 90's. 2007 is good year for robot with Reideen, Dancouga, and Kotesu Jeeg all gets sequel or remake. But still I really do want to watch all the original series but I can't find any of these shows. By the way even though I never watched original Jeeg didn't it had leg that looks like a pickle? they shouldn't remove things like that.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-02-11 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperlion (Post 828060)
This seems interesting since I never watched Kotesu Jeeg because of it's age. Since all robot anime I watched are from mid 80's to early 90's. 2007 is good year for robot with Reideen, Dancouga, and Kotesu Jeeg all gets sequel or remake. But still I really do want to watch all the original series but I can't find any of these shows. By the way even though I never watched original Jeeg didn't it had leg that looks like a pickle? they shouldn't remove things like that.

Don't forget Giant Robo and Armored Trooper Votoms.

MakubeX2 2007-02-11 19:07

Now all we need is a remake of Mazinger and Daitarn 3......

You know, all these remake of old Mecha anime had me wondering will they act out the scenarior in future SRWs where the old cast meets the new old. So far, they had not touch on anything with the new cast of Getter in major SRWs releases other than R and D for the GBA.

LoweGear 2007-02-12 07:44

Though I haven't seen the original Jeeg, the PV sure is awesome. I guess SRW can make you VERY interested in the series that you've never even have a first glance at. Although when I first saw it, I thought Jeeg was a villain mech ^^;;;

And we'll have to wait for the next big SRW to find that out won't we?

Shinndou 2007-02-12 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 828029)
WTF? WTF?

Everyone, am I seeing what I'm seeing at the top-left hand corner of the promo picture?

Yeah, I just noticed it now that the website shows a bigger version of that promotional poster. The one in top-left corner is definetely the original Jeeg. If the original one is going to make a "guest" appearence I do hope they'll show the mighty transformation/metamorphosis sequence as well. :D

Kaioshin Sama 2007-02-12 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 828029)
WTF? WTF?

Yes your right, it has that Black Getter look to it with the crazy eyes. Do you think Hiroshi will come back as a total sociopath like Ryoma did?

KBTKaiser 2007-02-15 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 829976)
Now all we need is a remake of Mazinger and Daitarn 3......

The question is, where are we gonna find a replacement for Haran Banjo? >_<